Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Missing Auto Soils (Plasma Fruit, Carrot & more)

by Sims MX Posted 2nd Aug 2011 at 5:09 PM - Updated 26th Mar 2013 at 1:39 AM by Sims MX

71 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 37 Feedback Posts, 33 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 8:24 PM
Thank you!!! Now I can add them to my public garden. Whoo.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 8:47 PM
Wonderful!! I always wondered why they weren't in debug too. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 10:05 PM
I recently needed this when my downloaded world map didn't have a grocery store and didn't want to add it because it wouldn't fit my theme. Thank you!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 10:11 PM
Thank you SO much. Any time I need to put these in a lot, it's a big production. This will save a lot of time. <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 11:41 AM
Thanks, I thought I was losing my mind when I couldn't find it in bugdebug or CAW.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 5:07 PM
Now my sims won't spend real world hours looking for seeds and then leveling up enough to grow them. I can just stick one of these beauties on a commercial lot. Thanks so much!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#8 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 1:42 AM
Yes! It annoyed me so much that these weren't in buydebug. Thanks loads.
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 12:27 AM
OK this is probably a dumb question... If I put one of these in a lot then export the lot to a friend, does he need the mod for the plant to show up on the lot?
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 4:52 AM
I'm pretty sure he'd need to download the mod before installing any lot that includes this object. Make sure to link to this thread so he can download the plasma fruit auto soil himself, then you can share your lots.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 6:47 PM
I have problems with the WA plants not auto-growing when placed on lots. Any know of a fix for this?

Installed this in a public garden I place in every neighborhood, looking forward to seeing how well it grows.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 1:27 AM
Genius. I was always so frustrated with being unable to have my Sims grow their own plasma fruit without working their gardening skill to death (which is hard when the only free time they have is during the day).
Test Subject
#13 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 10:29 AM
Awesome Mod BTW! By chance can you make one for carrots?
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 12:29 AM
The mod has been updated. A Carrot auto soil has been added for those that have Pets. Both objects are base game compatible and come in a single package. If you don't have Late Night, the Plasma Fruit auto soil will grow Garlic. Likewise, the Carrot auto soil will grow Apples if Pets is not installed.

Thanks to thezooqueen for testing the Carrot auto soil.
Test Subject
#15 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 5:58 AM
Sorry I did not think to take screen shots for you. But then again with auto soil they will get the idea. BTW you forgot to mention to remove old copy of auto soil plasma fruit in your overview. Thanks again BTW
Eminence Grise
THANKS POST
#16 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 8:21 PM
Ah thanks for the update Been wanting the carrot!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 2:44 PM Last edited by dunner1 : 6th Nov 2011 at 3:21 PM.
Nice work! This will come in handy.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 11:35 PM Last edited by prettyevil : 8th Nov 2011 at 11:19 PM.
Thanks so much! I'm running a caveman world and the sims have to live off only what they harvest in the wild. Needless to say I was annoyed no one could fulfill the horses' 'eat carrot' wishes.

Would there be any way to do auto soils for the special plants like steak, cheese, etc.? The only one I could find is no longer supported.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 20th Nov 2011 at 5:46 AM
THANK YOU for this mod! I wondered why these plants weren't in the debug portion. At first I thought it was because I had AwesomeMod and thought that for some reason, it was stopping the plants from showing up. Then I realized that the mod wouldn't do that, and assumed the game left them out.

I always sort of tend to cheat when it comes to gardens. I place one of each plant on my lot and let the sim harvest them all, and then dispose of and replant them.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 11:27 AM
Could I ask where you found the autosoils for the carrot and plasma fruit plants? I've been modding the autosoils so they can be placed directly in CAW and I have everything BUT the steak/links/egg plants, the carrots and the plasma fruit. I'm not going to do the specialty quest plants for the steak/links/egg plants. While I did find the autosoil for them - they are quest items. Just don't feel it's right.

BUT - I would very much like to enable carrots and plasma fruit autosoils for CAW. Did you do these items with a scripting mod or did you actually find their OBJD somewhere?

God Bless,
mik
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 1:43 AM
Awesome thank you!
Test Subject
#22 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 3:23 PM
I find the autosoil for the banana plant does not work.. Could you maybe arrange for a fix?
And i very much second the idea of a special plants autosoil (like steak, cheese, links, etc), if it would be possible.
Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 4:42 AM
@Mage_12 I don't have Showtime yet so I can't test it atm. However, I checked the script and it should work.

I have added the steak, cheese, egg, and burger patty auto soils.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 7:54 PM
Thank You! Now I can take one more step towards my Dream of a Vampire Nectary!
Test Subject
#25 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 8:41 PM
Seems to work fine for patch 1.34
I places a few of every type. Some were ready to harvest some were not. I was able to tend garden fine. I was able to remove the plants from my lot fine.
Page 1 of 3