Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Need A New Bed? Build One! ~New Meshes~ (Double & Single)

by mustluvcatz Posted 12th Aug 2011 at 5:19 PM - Updated 26th Oct 2011 at 12:55 AM by mustluvcatz : slight change in glass handles, added screenshot

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#2 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 5:35 PM
Drawers and mix and matchiness, wheee!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#3 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 6:04 PM
What a clever idea and so many options! Thanks for sharing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 6:42 PM
That's genius. Great idea!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#5 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 8:02 PM
This is very useful! Thank you. :D
Inventor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 11:28 PM
Fantastic idea! This is spectacular
Former Hamster
retired moderator THANKS POST
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Aug 2011 at 4:45 AM
You're welcome, and thanks so much for the comments.

*runs off with moar ideas...*
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 13th Aug 2011 at 9:29 AM
A beautiful bed.Too bad, just to sleep in it. Thanks for it.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 13th Aug 2011 at 6:43 PM
Great bed, MLC! Very clever work with the handles I hope you are planning to do a single version- it would be great for kids, teens, and dorms!

More of my work can be found @
Sims2Artists.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Aug 2011 at 6:51 PM
kleinheuer- you're welcome and thanks.

amythestfenix- there is a single version of everything. It's all in the .rar. All the single stuff is slaved to the double version of the same mesh. (Bed to bed, each headboard to the same double one, etc.) Oh, and thankies.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 13th Aug 2011 at 7:33 PM
Just shows that I don't read well when I'm in a hurry! Silly me
Inventor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 4:36 PM
very nice
love the colors
Test Subject
#13 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 11:04 PM
This is a great idea and I downloaded the file three times, but I keep getting a message that the archive is corrupted when I open it. Thought you'd like to know.

Karen (bogies) : )
Former Hamster
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 11:55 PM
Thanks for letting me know that, bogies. I hate to say this, but you might want to try downloading it again. The first time I did, I got the corrupted archive message..but it extracted just fine the second time I dl'ed it.
Instructor
#15 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 9:37 AM
Downloaded right now because I suppose you're doing a very similar work to one of mine. I separated all the beds from the frames and ended up with with the possibility to create single beds classified by age. So I have one bed for only children, one for only teens, one for only adults and one for only elders. I didn't do anything with the double beds because I saw no point in it. Then I cloned all the bed frames and made them combinable with the beds (that are only the bedding). So I can create a bedroom with only the frame and change the beds according to my sims growing up.
On the beginning sounds complicated but on the end, everytime I need a new bed, I use only the new frame and everything is recolorable. In fact the thumbnails unfortunately don't get to look right, but I create collections that help a lot on identification. If the beds were done this way from the beginning, everybody could create new frames everyday and it would be thousands of new beds without the need to clone the whole package for changing only the frame. The frame must be a sculpture (I always use the base game venus, so everything is always base game), must be made passable, so that you do not need to use moveobjects on. So you create the bedroom with only the frame and everything is matchable, then you place the bed (bedding) on the top. Sims will always ignore the frame and will think only on the bed when they go to sleep. I like it.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#16 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 5:23 PM
Why the heck isn't this a featured upload? It's genius!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 5:54 AM
WOW! This is awesome! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 6:58 AM
love it! Thanks soooo muchh! Using it in almost ALL of my houses lml
-Sims Junkie
Test Subject
#19 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 7:39 PM
My Sims have real issues with this bed, its a pitty because its amazing work, but my sism go to sleep in it and they will not awaken, their stats for everyting go right down except comfort and energy until they are all red, and still my sims wont wake up and get out.

It might just have been some bug.. I dont know.. I have alot of CC.. but something I felt should be mentioned.. you need to use move objects and delete the bed to resolve the problem, that or move your sims out their house.

...yeah so the hit me like a ton of bricks..... cos it was a ton bricks, it bloody hurt... stay away from condemnd buildings.....
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 25th Dec 2011 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Liv Lukas
Why the heck isn't this a featured upload? It's genius!

I was wondering this as well...
Former Hamster
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 25th Dec 2011 at 3:27 PM
Apis4- Sorry to hear that. I'll have to play for more than a sim day to see what happens in my game. I've had sims sleep in the bed for a short while but never let them wake up on their own. I'll see what happens.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 6:50 PM
i love bed with drawers underneath! thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Maer
I was wondering this as well...

i wonder that about many of mustluvcats' uploads...
Instructor
THANKS POST
#24 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 9:03 PM
So good!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 1:37 AM
I love this! I am always looking for new things. Great job!
Page 1 of 2