Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Scottsdale Solar Home

by triciamanly Posted 2nd Nov 2011 at 2:10 PM

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 2:39 PM
Very cool, both inside and out, and the rooms with your solar panels are quite striking! I'm playing a BaCC in a desert hood that this would be perfect for.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 3:24 PM
Thank you! I love the layout and the deserty landscaping...as well as the fact that I have one less home I have to build for my neighborhood!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 4:47 PM
Absolutely beautiful
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 6:29 PM
Lovely as usual, tric. Technical reality duly suspended.

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 7:15 PM
Can you maybe upload this house unfurnished? I realize there will still be CC but i'm hoping it will be a little less? This house is GORGEOUS I want it but not with too much CC. Please and thanks?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 8:13 PM
This is really pretty and I love your CC tiles you made! Nabbed!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 12:53 AM
Thanks so much for your comments! Marz3na, I wish I could upload the house unfurnished, but I uninstalled Night Life because I was trying to make room for Sims3 Pets, which didn't work by the way, and I lost the house. Do you have Sims2 Clean Installer? If you right click on the sims2pack after you extract it, and open with sims2 clean installer, you can get rid of all the cc. You probably already know that, but I thought I'd mention it!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 6:52 AM
You made wonderful house! So beautiful house and hard work. And your rugs...wow...when I saw your rugs I thought SO SO good mexican traditional design.Awesome! You made fantastic house and fantastic CCs.
Test Subject
#10 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 8:35 PM
May I ask how you slanted the walls and fence pieces? Awsome house by the way :D
Alchemist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 6:12 AM
allison, thanks so much for the lovely comment! Maya, I used the cheat "boolprop constrainfloorelevation false" which lets you make 1/4 walls. I put a layer of tiles on the 1/4 wall and traced the tiles with fencing. Then I removed the tiles and placed a full size wall right in front of the 1/4 wall which caused the fencing to slant. You really need pictures. Maybe I could write a tutorial unless there is one already. I'll have to research! Thanks for asking!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 5:31 PM
It's beautiful and I'm speechless once again! You're doing such gorgeous work on the CC too. I'm getting pulled back in with cc, darnit! lol! Outstanding job, as usual!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 3:35 PM
tsoureki! I'm so glad you like the house. This one wouldn't be the same without some southwestern cc!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 12:57 PM
Very nice.♥
Link Ninja
#15 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 1:45 AM
It's gorgeous, I love the slanted windows so much! I always wondered if you could get see-through tiles for skylights, I adore skylights but they seem very hard to do and get.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Alchemist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#16 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 3:18 AM
Charmful, maybe we could put some skylights in your dorm! I'm starting on it this weekend!
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 5:57 PM
A very pretty home. I used to live in Scottsdale, AZ - and this reminds me of the housing in the desert. Big enough for a good sized family, too.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 12:55 AM
Hi Ileeya! Thanks so much for the comment! I live in Arizona, surrounded by gravel, but lots of great desert plants. I like desert landscaping, but I think most people prefer lush.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 8:42 PM
This house is so beautiful! Clever design, and so practical at the same time. I love your work! Tired of hearing that? Cuz I'm not tired of feeling it! I want you to design my real dream home!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#20 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by knowledgesimchick
This house is so beautiful! Clever design, and so practical at the same time. I love your work! Tired of hearing that? Cuz I'm not tired of feeling it! I want you to design my real dream home!

Aw! Do you have a picture? Or ideas in mind? I'd love to try it!

[I]Pet loving children will love my new book, "My Talking Dachshund", available at Amazon.com[/I
]
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 3rd Mar 2016 at 1:37 AM
thank you
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#22 Old 20th May 2017 at 11:36 PM
Thank you