Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

BILLY Bookcase Recolors

by iCad Posted 22nd Nov 2011 at 11:04 AM - Updated 22nd Nov 2011 at 11:22 AM by leesester
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 11:18 AM
OMG. Stalker. Nice recolors too, thanks , I use that Billy Bookcase almost exclusively in my game.
Gone Fishin'
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 1:48 PM
Very nice! It's amazing what a difference some grain can do - it looks like a completely different bookcase!

But my DL folder doesn't want to let me play with you any more. It thinks you're a bad influence.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 3:06 PM
Yay! I didn't even know I'd been wanting this until I saw it! :D
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 3:13 PM
Lovely! Bookcase re-colours are always welcome!

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#6 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 6:14 PM
I love this bookcase, thanks!
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 11:04 PM
This is a very popular bookcase, apparently! *laughs* I just wish there was a version that went all the way up to the ceiling. That'd make it more useful for my Great Library Project. I'm using the basegame ones that go all the way up to 11--I mean, all the way up to the ceiling, but the fact that the books are all the same is creepy. So...Hi, Leesester!

Speaking of which: @ Leesester: I'm so not stalking. The fact that I know what color underwear you're wearing is merely a coincidence. No, in all seriousness, I didn't know you'd made your version until the requester pointed me at it because until very recently I didn't have the IKEA SP. Now that I do have the pack and your version...I'm totally loving this bookcase now.

@NixNivis: You totally don't want to know how big the "My Own Stuff" subfolder of my master downloads older is. Let's just say that its size is measured in gigabytes. Even I don't even keep all of it in my game variations under different user accounts on my comp at the same time. And, theoretically, I could unleash it ALL on y'all. Who, me? Obsessive? Nooooooooo.... *laughs madly* So yeah, totally a bad influence but...I HAVE COOKIES!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
#8 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 1:21 AM
/lee wanders off to empty the Dahlen Library Bookcase and base-gameify it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 2:50 PM
I don't know how I even played this game before I found you.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 5:56 PM
Icad,

I am really excited about your line of recolours. I prefer quality recolours with some projects to new objects. For instance, with my Simtopia project your recolours will be invaluable. As it will be some time before I get back to Simtopia, I fully suspect you will have recoloured most of the Maxis world when I do, so after Gwrych...I suspect my Simtopia folder will be overloaded with your creations. Thank you for sharing these and I look forward to all of your future uploads.
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 8:58 PM
@Leesester: Oooooh, if you did that, that would be totally fab. And then I would stalk-- I mean, LOVE you even moar!

@betsaida: I don't know how I played this game before I found me...Wait, what? No seriously, the entire reason why I looked into recoloring tutorials in the first place was because I got sick and tired of trying to build stuff with pieces that didn't match. It made no sense to me that EAxis didn't have a uniform color palette for everything all the time. I guess maybe it just didn't occur to them that it would be needed from the get-go, but... Well, anyway, I just decided that I'd give the damn game a uniform color palette whether it wanted one or not, at least when it came to wooden stuff.

@StephSim: You know, I've been kind of thinking that maybe I want I play something medievalish. And now that I have all the EPs/SPs, I'm thinking I need some Gwrych lots, which I couldn't use before due to lack of BV... But anyway, if I can help with the Simtopia project in any way, let me know. I may indeed have the whole Sim world recolored by then, but it might not all be shared by then. If not, and you need something, just ask. Seriously.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 4:51 PM
Why can't I thank this, like, 25 times? I use stuff from that SP all the time, and wish for "less plasticy" recolors of it even more often.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 6:33 PM Last edited by Arlesienne : 29th Oct 2012 at 5:52 PM.
I enjoy the recolors a lot. Can you tell whether it's possible to recreate them on a basegame-compatible bookcase? In other words, I look for a bookcase that would work smoothly in Castaway. I've already checked that basegame meshes work (there's only a minor problem with clothes - some of them show a huge scar over sim's neck as if they were beheaded). Add to it the only bookcase featured in Castaway is certainly built on Billy's mesh. It has only different colors, so theoretically it may work... Thanks in advance for some information.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 29th Dec 2012 at 3:19 PM
Wonderful! Sorely needed! Thank you I agree that the IKEA textures are rather flat. These are much more appealing!