Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

4 Miscellaneous Basegame Window Recolors

by iCad Posted 7th Dec 2011 at 3:11 AM - Updated 26th Apr 2019 at 2:45 AM by iCad

15 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 2 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 3:16 AM
Nice wood recolors!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator THANKS POST
#3 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 3:31 AM
/lee raises an eyebrow - but I haven't finished your library yet....
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 1:12 PM
I have been waiting so long for you to recolour these windows. It's always driven me crazy that they never matched your other wood recolours, says the consistency geek.

Happy Holidays iCad, from VT and all her Simmies who now get to have windows that match completely.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 3:45 PM
Thanks for more matching-wood awesomeness & I am looking forward to your Garage Doors too.

Happy holidays & all that sappy stuff & can't wait to see what exciting things you bring us TS2 fans in the coming year! (Just don't tell us you've switched to TS3!)
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator THANKS POST
#6 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 5:36 PM
My God, woman, don't you ever eat and sleep like the rest of us?! Not that I'm complaining, mind - I'm all for getting more pretty iCad recolours!

The Well Wisher Window is one of my favourites, too - but yeah, cutesey little hearts don't go with all settings, so the mean, heartless glass (which I hereby nominate for this year's Best Upload Description :giggler will see a lot of use in my game. All your stuff sees a lot of use in my game; soon I'm going to have to rename Pleasantview to iCadView, after its chief interior decorator.

And Happy Holidays, in case we don't see you around these parts before then!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 9:34 PM
YAY! Now I can actually use the big giant window! Ive always liked the design, but the color doesnt match anything. Thanks for making it and the rest of the windows useful!
Test Subject
#8 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 9:40 PM
The atrium window will work nicely for a living room with cathedral ceiling I'm doing--grazie.

Garage doors? Someone said garage doors? *drooling*

Have a blessed holiday season--
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 10:10 PM
Heya, guys. Thanks as always for the comments. I love you all. :lovestruc

@ Leesester: Oooooh, the library comes first, definitely. But...a smaller version of that window would look nice in the library... *runs away, snickering madly*

@ nuidyaforever:: Well, if you're a consistency geek, then I'm your woman! And this is just the end of the basegame windows. After the New Year, we move on to the EP/SP ones that I haven't posted yet. (The Bon Voyage ones are reeeeeaaaaaaly niiiiiiice...) I also still need to post a couple of basegame doors...and then the EP/SP ones of those, too. And then there's wall trim. Oh, and furniture. Who, me? Obsessive? Plus, I'm warily eyeing concrete stuff now, in the wake of having recolored the AL "Socialite" windows. Now I want balustrades and cornices and stuff to match, dammit! *headdesk* (I'm going to KILL you, Lee...Well, OK, I'm not, because I love you too much. But...Like I NEEDED another obsession, woman?! )

@ Zirconia Wolf: TS3? NEVER! Never, I say! I did install it on my "new" desktop, since my daughter has it (but never plays it anymore, either), just to see if it would run. It does run, but...meh. I like neither 3's overall look nor its play style. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Two-er, I'm afraid. I'll probably be clinging to it when The Sims 15 comes out, 'cuz I'm a stubborn, resistant-to-change old fart curmudgeon that way.

As for what I've got coming...Aside from finishing the windows/doors, maybe I'll get off my ass and put together an upload of pretty, girly floral-fabric stuff, just for something completely different...

@NixNivis: Pfft, sleep! One of the "benefits" of going through menopause is that you don't get much. And once it's done, you don't need as much, either. At least, that's what I'm told. So, more time to do stuff. Which is good because things tend to get neglected around here in favor of futzing around with Sims stuff. In fact, I SHOULD be cleaning something right about now, what with the wedding just 10 days away, but...Here I am!

The Well Wisher is a very cute window, indeed. The heartless glass was actually my daughter's idea. She plays medieval almost exclusively and she uses that window on her middle-income houses a lot, but she haaaaaaaated the hearts. So, to shut her up, I made that version. She's the one who dubbed it the "mean" version.

And what's really funny is that, in general, I suck at interior decorating. It's probably WHY I've made myself so many options, so I don't have to think as much.

@ anna131313262: Why do I feel like your username is one of those number progressions that they put on IQ tests, where you have to figure out what the next number is? But seriously, I'm happy to make that window more useful for you. I have used it on occasion in houses that have two-story great rooms, but otherwise...I do wish it were smaller...
Test Subject
#10 Old 9th Dec 2011 at 8:56 PM
Wow! Thats amazing!
Test Subject
#11 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 12:58 AM
Uggg....not what I planned to be doing a rare husband-free night, but darn it, now I feel compelled to try and design some kind of monstrosity mansion with the Octothorpe window now. So much for a nice nap in a bed all to myself...

Thanks for the re-colors this year!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 12:32 AM
WOnderful recolors! Now these windows are much more useful! Thank you!

Happy Holidays!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 4:45 AM
I'm on an Icad shopping spree! I need recolours! Thanks for all of your wonderful recolours Icad. They truly are enhancing my lots immensely!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 9:16 PM
Yep, on a shopping spree too - even in 2014 Thanks for recoloring the WellWisher Window, one of my favourite Maxis Windows of all time!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 3:12 PM
cool
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#16 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 11:46 AM
I still use these recolors so very often, even six years later. Thank you!