Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#51 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by labellavienna
May i ask where you got the dining set? It looks lovely!

The chairs came with AL and the table came with the Art Nouveaulicious Set collection. The Art Nouveaulicious Set collection used to be on the sims 2 store, which is now closed, but you may find it if you google it.
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 10:43 PM
Thanks!! I found it here in case someone else wants to download the set:

http://www.4shared.com/zip/P0KaCc1L...eaulicious.html
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#53 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by labellavienna
Thanks!! I found it here in case someone else wants to download the set:

http://www.4shared.com/zip/P0KaCc1L...eaulicious.html

Your welcome.
Site Helper
#54 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 11:59 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 7th Apr 2012 at 11:09 PM.
I suspect that this breaks the site rules:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=289713

"No warez! At all, EVER! This means NO discussion of: [...] Pirated Sims 2/Sims 3 Store Content"

[Update:]

Confirmation: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=473316
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#55 Old 1st May 2012 at 4:06 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 5th May 2012 at 11:52 PM.
Wow, its been a long time since anyone posted a tip (or anything).

#23:

As you can see, I have small upstairs hall, and I wanted to lace a stairs from my sims to be able to go up, but there is no space and placing a modular stair makes the place look even smaller and kinda of like blocks the light :P, so here is what I did:

1) Place the fences and leave some space for a spiral.

2) (Then) Place the spiral.

Ok, you may first think I'm dumb for telling you all this, but spirals can't be placed as shown in the first pic, i.e. they can't be placed halfway in mid-air, but with moveobjects on, they can be.

Also, you can't place the spiral, then place fences, because that would be considered as "Object cannot be intersected" or whatever. There are no routing problems
Screenshots
Beautiful Dinosaur
#56 Old 1st May 2012 at 6:39 PM
I love this one - I really like small houses and am sick of having huge landings & hallways to accomodate all the space needed for stairs.

Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
Ok, you may first think I'm dumb for telling you all this, but spirals can't be placed as shown in the first pic, i.e. they can be placed halfway in mid-air, but with moveobjects on, they can be.

Also, you can place the spiral, then place fences, because that would be considered as "Object cannot be intersected" or whatever.

((Also - You may want to replace those "can"s with "can't"s ))

Who knows where thoughts come from....? They just appear.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#57 Old 1st May 2012 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bellasaurus
I love this one - I really like small houses and am sick of having huge landings & hallways to accomodate all the space needed for stairs.

((Also - You may want to replace those "can"s with "can't"s ))

Oh SHOOT! Sorry for the spelling and grammar mistakes, did notice them. :P

Anyway, thanks, I'll edit them.
Instructor
#58 Old 2nd May 2012 at 12:09 AM Last edited by Josepina : 2nd May 2012 at 1:01 AM.
You can place decorative stuff on the desk or display counters with the shelf. The shelf and deco needs to be placed first . The saloon piano is an inch taller than the shelf when placed but you could still put a vase or lamp on it. Not a lot of maxis stuff goes on shelves so cc deco would help. The smaller shelf is more discreet. An invisible recolor would be even better.

Edit: Somebody has made an invisible recolor for the OFB shelf.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=159852

Cool thread.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#59 Old 2nd May 2012 at 1:08 AM
This is #24 or 25...it can be used for torturing cow mascots:

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Mad Poster
#60 Old 2nd May 2012 at 2:18 AM
No pictures, but with the MOBOn cheat, you can place an invisible overhead hanging lamp on the roadway-and in fact anywhere you want, if you want illumination without having to place those pesky outside lights.

Because it's an overhead lamp, it doesn't interfere with movement, and while it looks strange at night, at least you can see the neighbors who drop by.

It also does double duty as serving to improve the 'room score' of the outdoors!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#61 Old 2nd May 2012 at 4:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears
This is #24 or 25...

Josepina>24
Alexandra>25
FranH>26
Top Secret Researcher
#62 Old 2nd May 2012 at 1:42 PM
#27 (according to the numbers mmaa just posted)
This one I've used solely for picture-taking and storytelling purposes:

If you use moveobjects on to place a light (forgot the name, but you can see which one) on the same tile as the TV and don't show the screen, it can give the illusion that the TV is on at night, therefore enabling you to take pictures of say, a sleeping sim without waking them. Plus if you happen to catch the light in the pic, it can easily pass as part of the TV.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Test Subject
#63 Old 6th May 2012 at 11:39 PM
#28: Installing a cornice or ledge on a diagonal outside wall.

I was installing the Second Empire cornice from the Mansion and Garden Stuff atop dacycko's Mainstay Building to give it a more realistic historic look. One problem I encountered was a diagonal wall at the corner between the two main facades. I could not place the cornice on the wall without resorting to several cheats.

What I did was, first, activate the moveobjects on cheat, and, second, place a column from the build mode in front of the diagonal wall. The column was needed to make extra grids necessary to place the cornice. I went up each floor and placed another column atop the previous one until I reached the top floor. I found that I didn't need to place a column on the top floor to be able to place the cornice. I then activated the boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true cheat to place the cornice. But I found that the cornice did not go on right, which meant activating the boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false cheat. I then carefully placed the cornice on the wall. I had to use two pieces carefully merged into each other to get the right look.

Below is the cornice right after being placed on the wall, with the grid-forming column visible at bottom:

After I had the cornice in place, I removed the columns and disabled the cheats. Below is the final result:

Lab Assistant
#64 Old 9th May 2012 at 8:07 PM
I read this thread all the way through with my mouth hanging open. In all my years of playing Sims 2 I NEVER thought about moveobjects on for decorating purposes!! Thanks so much for all the inspiration. I'm off to build. XD
Mad Poster
#65 Old 9th May 2012 at 10:45 PM
#29 you can place the flower beds on top of foundation and make it look like a tall planter.
#30 Also you can place columns and arches in foundation, it creates some interesting fencing.
#31 you can place fence gates in place without the fence or wall piece, so you have lower building costs.

Sorry, no pics, my sims computer is busted.
Top Secret Researcher
#66 Old 10th May 2012 at 2:49 AM
I have no idea if this is posted already or not, but I didn't see it when I did a quick read through.

#32 Place single columns between arched columns to create an interesting, less empty effect.

Also included, my take on M.M.A.A.'s suggestion #22.

It certainly improves the look of my local graveyard.
Screenshots

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#67 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 12:38 PM
Wow, its been a long time since this thread had any traffic (and I don't mean any necromancy, but, again, there's no point of creating a similar thread again).

So, as I was building, I noticed that some windows seem as if they don't let any air in, you can't open them or anything, just plain glass, (an eyesore), but that can be fixed:

Original:

From inside:
These windows came with the BG, they both seem to have the same frame, but placing them on eachother results in a window with a small functioning/moveable part that you can actually open (even thought you can't in the game, but let's pretend that we can.

From outside:

I got this idea from a window that came with AL.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#68 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 1:48 PM
All these ideas are really cool! I'm already imagining these in my hood! #23: Those stairs don't look very safe... Oh well!
Test Subject
#69 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 6:11 PM
These are all great tips! When I start building later on today I will try and submit my own since these were so helpful! :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#70 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 7:33 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 24th Nov 2012 at 9:43 PM.
Several useful tips in here, though I tend to use this cheat almost every time I play, so I already figured out a lot on my own.
I have found some rather useful uses for it.

#34 - move sims around. Alfa omega for posing, and for sims standing where you want to put something, or if they've gotten stuck.

#35 - combine with OMSPs, "boolprop snapobjectstogrid false/true", "boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true", the height adjustment from AL, and "setQuarterTilePlacement [on | off]" (activate with ctrl+F) from M&G (/AL?) for even more possibilities in decoration (or posing).

#36 - put several wall objects on the same tile. Combine with the quartertile cheat and the hight adjustment to make collages of paintings or child drawings.

#37 - move the garbage bin and mailbox to someplace else (though, don't delete them!)

# 38 - make "flying" houses, or tree houses - place enough pillars to make a floor, then build the house on the floor, and remove the pillars with moveobjects when you're done. For tree houses, put 1-2 tree underneath with the cheat active.
If you want to delete the floor, or if you delete the floor before you delete the walls, you might have to put the pillars back underneath the house. Sometimes the floor tiles or the walls get stuck if there isn't a bottom there. Remember stairs (custom ladder or spiral stairs might be best), or they won't be able to get in. Or use teleporting for a "spaceship".

(the tree house in the pic has a couple of pillars for deco purposes, but they're not really needed. You can even build a regular house with this)
Test Subject
#71 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 9:14 PM
OHMYGOSH, I'm totally going to build a treehouse now! Thanks for the tip!
Page 3 of 3