Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Basic Wood Paneling

by iCad Posted 16th Jan 2012 at 10:41 PM

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 12:59 AM
Well, they can be considered nasty for today's fashion but I like these walls.
I used the BV paneling walls as focal point sidding on a few houses and the results was quite nice and interesting. I figure having more color options will open the range for focal point walls in the inside as well.
Thank you!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 1:47 AM
Reminds me of the den of the house I lived in, in the 70s!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 4:09 AM
YAY! I think.

...at any rate - Thank you!!!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 5:34 AM
I love it! Thanks, ICad!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 11:49 AM
They look great. Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 12:34 AM
If memory serves me, paneling was also popular in 70s style trailer homes. Some of my "less fortunate" sims live in a decrepit trailer park so this will be perfect for that, too. Thanks!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 4:22 AM
OH MY GOD. My life is flashing before my eyes on this.

Mainly because I'm a 70s kid myself, and these bring back memories -thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 6:56 AM
...my grandmother's house still had a fully wood panelled living room in 2004. I tried for years to get her to even just paint the bloody thing, it made the room so dark, but no go.

I do love your gravel pit colour though, so maybe... ;D
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 8:00 AM
Lovely! These would be nice both on interior and exterior walls

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Instructor
#11 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 4:27 PM
Would you consider making these as flooring as well? Because they would make fantastic wood floors.

Liv Loves Simming: http://livlukas.tumblr.com

Liv Loves LiveSimming: http://www.livestream.com/livlukas

Test Subject
#12 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 8:25 PM
This is probably a dumb question, but do I need Bon Voyage for these? Cuz I want them. But I don't have BV.
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#13 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 11:08 PM
Aw, I'm glad people like these. And I'm glad I'm not the only 70s relic out here.

@Kattydid: No, you don't need BV at all. Walls and floors are always base-game compatible. I just used a wall that came with BV as a "base" for these, is all.

@Liv Lukas: Yeah, since I got AL and BV, I've been wanting to rework some of the wood floors that came with them to match my collection. The wall I used for this has matching floors so...Yeah, I'm sure they'll be a part of the Maxis Wood Floor Restoration Project, Part Deux.

@MacApple: *laughs* Yeah, when my now-ex-husband and I were building a house, we lived in this little trailer on the property, and it had not real paneling but this wallpaper that looked like paneling. It was ridiculous! But yeah, I can see trailers with these walls. Of course, it can look nice and upscale if you use it right, too, like SimCeleste said. So it's versatile! Yeah, that's it...

@dilemmalicious: I'll bet your grandmother's house was built/last redecorated in the 70s. But then, a friend of mine's house was only built a couple of years ago, and it has wood paneling and river rock walls in its family room, and it looks really nice. But then, that room has cathedral ceilings and floor-to-ceiling windows, so the darkness is not so much of a problem.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 6:45 PM
I really love the colours you use do you have a Photoshop Action of your colours you'd be happy to share?
Field Researcher
#15 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 6:54 PM
Oops, just re-read my previous post and realized it may have sounded like an insult veiled in a compliment. It was meant as a compliment only, and I admire all your work.

What I should have said instead is that a few of the colors would work well in 70s style trailer homes. (Which I had not been able to find good paneling for till now.) However, some of the richer colors would look lovely in an up-scale home or mansion. As you said this is very versatile. "Send all our visitors to the parlor, Jeeves."
Undead Molten Llama
Original Poster
#16 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suaper
I really love the colours you use do you have a Photoshop Action of your colours you'd be happy to share?

No, with the way I do recoloring, Photoshop actions wouldn't be useful to me. My process is a little different each time. So, I just have a list of color hex codes that I use as a "base" to keep things matching. I posted a list of them in this entry on my LiveJournal, if you're interested.

@MacApple: Oh, no worries! I didn't take what you said as an insult at all! Really! What you said is/was very true. Wood paneling (or a facsimile thereof, as I said) is often used in trailers, and these would work well for that...although if I was into grungy and shabby in my game, I'd make a nasty, dirty, damaged version of these and then use them in a dumpy old low-rent trailer park owned by a slum lord...but grungy and shabby isn't really my thing, I'm afraid. My Sims world is far too shiny-happy, in general.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 1:15 AM
I love these, thank you! =)
Field Researcher
#18 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 9:01 AM
Love all your matching sets.My Downloads folder is bloated because of you lol.But I adore your work.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#19 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 11:12 PM
I think your father's design is also in my basement (which unfortunately, was decorated in such a way that we can't get rid of it...). Our entire house was apparently carpeted in the burnt-orange shag when my parents bought it in 1985ish, and the only remaining section is in my basement bedroom.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 10:47 AM
thanks these r nice
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 20th May 2012 at 5:38 PM
My daughter's bedroom was originally the downstairs den. She has kept the gold shag carpet with the remarkable dirt-hiding ability, and the dark paneling that makes the room dim and restful. She inherited my good taste, it appears.

Thanks, I will be using these.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#22 Old 17th Sep 2013 at 1:34 AM
Somehow, I've missed a few of your wall sets. I was in a middle of building a bunch of lots for yet another new hood and kept scrolling and scrolling, but very few iCad colors did I find in my walls. Must have accidently deleted them in my latest purge of files. Won't be doing that again. These are going to backup by the weekend.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 5:39 AM
You do such beautiful work, thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 8:09 PM
Thank you !! :))
Scholar
THANKS POST
#25 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 5:39 AM
thx