Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Furniture What Matches: Part 1 of Far Too Many

by iCad Posted 31st Jan 2012 at 4:34 AM

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#2 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 4:43 AM
Maxis furniture that's mix and matchy?!

<3 I think I love you! <3
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 6:28 AM
Nice Job!!!!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 7:17 AM
Lovely! I'm like you - EVERYTHING MUST MATCH.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 8:50 AM
Once again, my OCD and I thank you for this. Hurry up with the rest of those matching furniture pieces, y'hear?

- VT (who is eagerly awaiting the day when her houses' colour schemes won't have to clash with themselves)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 9:03 AM
Thanks iCad!! Your work is PERFECT!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 11:20 AM
Yay, matchingness <33 thank you!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#8 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 2:09 PM
Awesome. I love sets and really hate it when stuff doesn't match!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 3:13 PM
Finally! I use these particular tables and chairs a lot but have been frustrated by their lack of matching-ness with anything else. Thank you!

If you ever decide to take on the fancy shmancy dining tables and chairs, I hope you won't pull out all of your hair in the process.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 4:51 PM
This is great! I always avoided the Oaktowne chairs because I couldn't stand the colors they came in. Thanks so much for this!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#11 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 5:21 PM
What a brilliant idea, can't wait for the others to come. Thank you for these and thank you in advance for the others!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 8:26 PM
I think I am falling in love with your work. I love this set; the espresso ones are so, so, so similar to what I have in the kitchen at home. Can't wait to see more.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 10:39 PM
iCad, you are absolutely filling my downloads folder to bursting! thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 10:59 PM
OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.
This chair, and the one on your LJ, happen to be my most frequently used chairs of all the Maxis ones. It's hard to use (or try to use!) the Maxis colors with every other non-matching table, though. Thank you so so so so so sosososo much.
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 12:33 AM
Aw, thanks for the comments, everyone. Truly, they make my day. :lovestruc

@MacApple: As we speak (Well, sort of; I'm not at home at the moment but am sitting in the library waiting for my daughter to finish work so that I can drive her home.), I'm messing with the "Discourse" dining table, which has gilding and stuff on it, trying to make it look appropriately fancy but not horrifically ugly like the original specific texture that I'm maiming. It...is a challenge, yes. But I am determined to conquer it. And its little chairs, too.

@nuidyaforever: My ultimate goal is Houses What Don't Clash. And Wood What Doesn't Make You Want To Take Forks To Your Eyeballs. (Seriously, what WERE they thinking at EAxis? ) So, yeah, the day will come. Assuming that I don't die before I can finish. (I'll be 48 soon, after all, and this could take YEARS! )

@AlexandraSpears: If I had to pick a pet peeve when it comes to the game, I'd pick not-matchiness, especially of things that are SUPPOSED to match. Seriously, would it have been so terribly difficult to match the Oaktowne chair's frame to the colors of the table that it does, in fact, match? I mean, REALLY! :p

@Clairebearzz: I gave up trying to understand EAxis's "furniture logic" long ago. Maybe they just didn't count on anal/OCD people playing the game, but...Well, if I'm going to put effort into a house, I'd at least like to be able to look at the final product without flinching!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 1:10 AM
You have an LiveJournal account! Yaaaaay! I guess I'm off to download Everything you posted, then. Thank you for your painstaking work, iCad!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#17 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 1:40 AM
thank you so much Icad!!! I absolutely love your recolours & will even be downloading the Oaktown chair from your link. I avoided using most of the strictly wooden sets due to the lack of matching. It drives me bonkers (more than normal) that at the very least the kitchen table doesn't match the chairs. which is the ONLY thing in RL I have that does match LOL
Theorist
THANKS POST
#18 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 5:31 AM
Beautiful work - thank you!
Field Researcher
#19 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 11:07 AM
Oh wow I absolutely love these sets.Thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 9:36 PM
Awesome! Thank you very much!

BTW, the nhood I play without downloads is about to change it's course, from now on it will have only your stuff! Along with a much needed fixes of course. It's worth it!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#21 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 12:31 AM
Thank you! Its getting harder to find cc these days (probably because I have about everything on this site hehe)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 3rd Feb 2012 at 4:34 PM
WooHoo! Matching furniture and in your colors! =D Thanks so much!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 5:17 PM
Sims 2 would not be the same without your recolors. I benefit soooooo much from your OCD!! : ) I love your work. Thanks a million for sharing.....
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 2:02 PM
Thank you so much for that table recolor! I was so sick of it's color non-matchiness (lolwut?) that I was on the edge of going crazy. Everything has to have matched colors in my home xD
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 21st May 2012 at 4:46 PM
The first time I saw this new collection I thought 'Seriously? iCad, what on Earth have you thrown yourself into?' My Downloads folder was full at the time, but since I first saw this, I have been unhappy with the Maxis things. Now, when I have some space due to changing out all my custom eyes to genetized ones, and deleting those who I didn't like anymore but hadn't deleted, I remembered this collection and ... I have it all. Your stuff is so addicting in it's matchy-ness ^^
Page 1 of 2