Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tester Wanted: ★ Meshes for Rugs & Mats ★

by Numenor Posted 23rd Feb 2005 at 3:42 PM - Updated 4th Mar 2005 at 3:33 PM by Numenor : Added link to "no-shadow" set.

233 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 226 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 10
Retired Live Chat Moderator
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 3:46 PM
Thanks Numenor, great job, as always.

*hugs*
Deedee
Forum Resident
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 3:48 PM
Me so happy! Hip, hip hooray!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 3:52 PM
I guess I will be the first to ask for a recolor here. First of all. Great work guys. Amazing. and my requestIs for some kid and baby themed rugs. These would work great in nurseries and playrooms.
Instructor
#5 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 3:59 PM
I got a couple things to say... couldn't you just make the carpet less thick, that way the homework and plates could be found. second what the hell is up with this WinZIP thing... this is my first download and i have no idea what the hell is going on.... plz help me :weep:
Instructor
#6 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by phat_man55
I got a couple things to say... couldn't you just make the carpet less thick, that way the homework and plates could be found. second what the hell is up with this WinZIP thing... this is my first download and i have no idea what the hell is going on.... plz help me :weep:

Wait nevermind... i think i got it figured out... so it just sends the file to the right place right? i've never used is so tell me if im wrong.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 4:07 PM
so glad to finally have rugs, i got so confused trying to find all the pieces of the floor rug tiles. :smash:

Apparently, the knight in shining armor who was supposed to sweep me off of my feet got lost in the woods.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by phat_man55
Wait nevermind... i think i got it figured out... so it just sends the file to the right place right? i've never used is so tell me if im wrong.

I don't know what zip program you use, but whe you double-click on a zip file a windows open up, right? Just drag-and-drop the files from that window to the download folder.
If you use Winzip, you can click the "Extract" icon and choose as destination the Download folder.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 4:15 PM
Jinyc, you shouldn't go around saying that we are "amici di bordello": there are many Italians on this forum and they may think bad things of us!
Instructor
#10 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 4:16 PM
ahh I'm lovin' this, thanx for all the hard work you guys
Ice Princess
#11 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 4:16 PM
Thankyou Numenor this should be more helpful for new comers.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 4:21 PM
OOPS! Il Magnifico sorry! It's all Danny's fault (now if he only had a sense of humor).

I think I understand. I add your file and do not remove echo-2x1-floorrug.package? Yours just makes the big rug into a bedside beauty? Sorry for seeming as plush as a rug's pile!

Joey
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 4:30 PM
Yes, my 1x2 mat is a different object then Echo's 1x2 rug. You can install both in the download folder and have both in your house.
Remember that, due to the particular way my rug uses the 3x4 textures, not all the 3x4 textures are suitable for the 1x2 mat (some may look... odd!).

Oh, and I was only jocking, in my previous post! :D
Forum Resident
#14 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 4:37 PM
*Jocking*? or joking?

I would think with all the time we spend in the Bordello with our *whooers* one would need to be a *jock.* :Pimp:
Test Subject
#15 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 4:38 PM Last edited by Tjobbyd : 24th Feb 2005 at 1:35 PM. Reason: moved attached files to new thread
Thank you very much for the rugs. I love them all. :jig:
Today I built some bathroom sets with the small floorrug and the toiletmat.

They are also available at my website http://www.sweeties-sims2.de
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 4:46 PM Last edited by hippi : 23rd Feb 2005 at 4:48 PM.
Thanyou Numenor, I was getting dizzy trying to keep track of all the threads and updates.
I've updated the files on my Yahoo group and posted a message for everyone to keep an eye on this thread and to remind them these are beta test so if they are having problems to post here or at my group so I can pass it on.
EDITED to say those are lovely Tjobbyd, I was on a downloading spree at your site yesterday
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 4:57 PM
More rugs for my Bordello! Thank you Numenor, and Wind and Echo too!

Whenever cannibals are on the brink of starvation, Heaven, in its infinite mercy, sends them a nice plump missionary..........Oscar Wilde
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 5:11 PM Last edited by Numenor : 23rd Feb 2005 at 5:14 PM.
Seems that the bordello is very popular here!
What a pity that Danny moved his stuff away!

Quote: Originally posted by jinyc
*Jocking*? or joking?

Oooops! Luckily in my typos I haven't used an "a" instead of an "o"
Field Researcher
#19 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 5:21 PM Last edited by Tiger Lily : 23rd Feb 2005 at 5:42 PM.
That's right jinyc.

Grazie mille Numenor for the bedside rugs and for the recap, we really needed one.

Edit: oops, Numenor had already answered to that.

By the way, nice sets Tjobbyd
Field Researcher
#20 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 5:27 PM Last edited by windkeeper : 23rd Feb 2005 at 8:22 PM.
How to recolor rugs? A mini-tutorial.

Out of five rugs posted here three are recolorable and the other two will simply use the texture of 3x4 rug.

To recolor the rug of your choice first make sure you have SimPE version 18 or higher. Then follow these steps:

1. Open SimPE and run Object Workshop.

2. When Object Workshop window opens, select the second tab on top of that window called "Load Object".

3. Use "Browse" button to select the original file, for example "echo-3x4-floorrug.package" file.

4. Click "Start", you will be asked to name your file. Type unique name for your new recolor file and click "Save". The new recolor package will be created for you.

5. Replace the texture and save the package file as you do with any recolor.
a) Click on "Texture Image" in Filetypes; highlight "Texture Image" in Packaged Files; click on "Plugin View" tab. You should see the old texture now.

b) Right click on it and select "Export". It exports the texture as a PNG file. That's the one you edit with your graphic editor.

c) Back in SimPE right-click on the texture again and click "Import" to import your modified png file back. You shoud see your new texture now.

d) Right click on it again and select "Update All sizes".

e) Click "Commit" button and then File / Save.

6. Copy the file to Download directory and test it in the game.

Done! :D
Field Researcher
#21 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 5:36 PM Last edited by windkeeper : 24th Feb 2005 at 3:53 PM.
Thank you, Echo, for making first rug meshes and starting all this! And thank you, Numenor, for the final tune up of all the files and a new rug as well! I'm proud to be part of this team! I just had to say that :D

Attached files were moved to the new recolors thread.

Wind
Test Subject
#22 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 5:42 PM
Thank you windkeeper for telling us how to recolor objects. I wanted to try my hand at making my own recolors, but it sounded really complicated from some of the posts I read. I guess they have made it simpler to use now. Great recolors everyone. I am so glad that I finally have rugs for my houses. Now the floors don't look so bare.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#23 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 5:52 PM
great collaboration, Numenor! i have downloaded everything!!! everything looks GREAT!
Field Researcher
#24 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 5:59 PM
im soo worried about downloading everything with the new EP coming out ...im worried that they wont work .....
i have stopped downloading cause of it
Test Subject
#25 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grizzlibaer
Thx for your reply Echo
recolouring ist not the Problem. I can't clone your Rug - I would like to change the shape (e.g 1x1 rug for a porchcarpet, or a round rug ....) The Error appears while cloning :confused:

greets
grizzli

I hope it's ok, if I postmy ask/answer also here

I am not perfect in English - *sorry* - I try to improve :)
Page 1 of 10