Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Umbrella Tuning (Unbreakable + More)

by WTFeathers Posted 9th Dec 2012 at 11:12 AM - Updated 4th Jul 2014 at 11:15 AM by WTFeathers : update

33 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 11:52 AM
thank you sooo much!
I hate broken umbrellas!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 12:02 PM
In summertime is broken ever.
twallan's DebugEnabler help for this by upgradable, but 'true' unbreaketable is very nice
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 1:34 PM
Even with umbrellas, my sims get soaked, because they put the umbrellas away to do anything more complex than walking, and the "Soaked" moodlet appears within the few seconds required to check the mail or put something in the garbage can. EA really didn't think this through very carefully. >
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 1:51 PM
Woohoo thanks for the unbreakable one!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 1:59 PM
Yep,I was looking for something like that !!! But, unfortunately when sims stop walking, are in idle, or doing something else, they put away the umbrella like idiots and they get soaked ...
Theorist
THANKS POST
#7 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 4:27 PM
This is great thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 4:45 PM
From how often they break, you'd think they were using them for Mary Poppins type of stuff or whatever. Anyway, you are the greatest person in the history of people.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 5:07 PM
Tyvm
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 6:29 PM
Thank you very much to the author! Tired of broken umbrellas! Been waiting this mod!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 7:02 PM
Thank you all for the positive comments - glad you find this useful
Eminence Grise
THANKS POST
#12 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 10:18 PM
Wonderful thanks! Yknow, I wouldn't mind umbrellas breaking in the game so much if Sims didn't just go around with their broken umbrellas as if they didn't notice anything was wrong ><
Scholar
THANKS POST
#13 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 12:13 AM
Did I tell you that you're AWESOME!Well I did now, thank you so much, this is one of the most useful mods! It should have a star!
Test Subject
#14 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 1:23 PM
It's really annoying that the umbrellas break all the time, so thanks for the mod! I have a question though, is the unbreakable umbrella completely unbreakable? It could be more realistic if it broke when it's too old or something. I wonder why EA didn't think of that instead.
Instructor
#15 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 2:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Snu
It's really annoying that the umbrellas break all the time, so thanks for the mod! I have a question though, is the unbreakable umbrella completely unbreakable? It could be more realistic if it broke when it's too old or something. I wonder why EA didn't think of that instead.

EA did think of it: "Chance of breakage increase after each time umbrella is used 1%". Initially the umbrella has a 5% chance of breaking, then 6%, then 7% so the more it is used (i.e. the older it gets) the more likely to break down.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 8:25 PM
Thank you soo much! Now I can enable rain again
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 9:21 PM
thank you, i was buying umbrellas left and right. now if they woiuld bring back the sims2 coat rack and umbrella stand... hmmm
Instructor
#18 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 12:17 AM
I've had the same umbrella for the past 4 years, it's a bit floppy around the edges but I would say it's still pretty sturdy, EA should be more realistic with these things they throw in. Thanks for this, you really helped clear up one of my nagging thoughts that went with this EP
Alchemist
#19 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 1:14 AM
Under compatibility note, some may not be aware that the mod uses the same resource as this mod, so you might want to mention that those mods will conflict?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 6:53 AM
THANKS FOR THIS MOD! OMG. MY UMBRELLA KEEPS ON BREAKING!!! OMGGG THANK YOU!!!

ps: sorry for the caps, TOO excited and happy!! (":
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#21 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 9:23 PM
Thanks!
Darn EA and their darn busted umbrellas!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 7:45 PM
Must have - thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 19th Jan 2013 at 3:04 AM
Hi! This is a great mod and I wanted to thank you for it I have a small request however...Would it be possible to create a mod that completely turns off the umbrella usage? My medieval sims are all walking around with rainbow umbrellas...That would be awesome!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#24 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 3:56 PM
Thank you this was one reason I stopped playing for a bit, No reason to buy Seasons and then have to disable rain so I figured I'd just wait because I knew I would NOT be the only one annoyed by this issue.
Test Subject
#25 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 2:27 PM
Does this work with 1.63?
Page 1 of 2