Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Huckleberry Cottage

by Ferguson Avenue Posted 2nd Jan 2013 at 7:23 PM - Updated 26th Nov 2017 at 8:23 PM by Fergus' Mind

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 2:56 AM
This is so adorable. Thanks for sharing it!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 6:14 PM
This looks like a great lot. I'm so glad you decided to share it.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 7:57 PM
This house is absolutely gorgeous. I really love all the details. I only wish I had supernatural expansion
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 4:53 AM
Love the house.
Instructor
#6 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 1:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yadarya
This house is absolutely gorgeous. I really love all the details. I only wish I had supernatural expansion

I don't - aliens are annoying enough! But I do wish EA would let us buy the Build objects separately from the EP.
Anyway, a very nice lot Fergie!
PS - would you consider making a non-SN version available?
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fxchrfxchr
Anyway, a very nice lot Fergie!
PS - would you consider making a non-SN version available?

I'll give it a go if I get time, but SN objects are kind of crucial for this look, especialy the sunroom, porches and some of the furniture. But I'll see what I can do
Test Subject
#8 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 8:32 PM
Love your work!
I adore all of the houses you currently have up! Thank you for sharing!
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator THANKS POST
#9 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 6:33 PM
Another lovely home I danced with glee when I saw all the amazing Victorian-ish stuff that came with SN, and you've put it to very good use. I barely even actually play the game, I just build...constantly...to the annoyance of my hubby, lol. But he still buys me EPs so he must not mind that much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 6th Jan 2013 at 5:28 PM
Spectacular ! I love this house ...I just recently started downloading houses ...would normally just build them ....would love to see a theme done in ...Movie houses with old victorian ....I have this in my game ..thank you !
Instructor
#11 Old 6th Jan 2013 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fergie_F
I'll give it a go if I get time, but SN objects are kind of crucial for this look, especialy the sunroom, porches and some of the furniture. But I'll see what I can do

Yes, I realize that much of the house's charm lies in the architectural features you have used, but I think it is so well designed overall that it will still look great. Thanks for considering my request!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#12 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 1:16 AM
The house is lovely with such a great rural feel. I'm sure you didn't get much feed back at the CFF because no one could think of a way to improve it!
Test Subject
#13 Old 10th Feb 2013 at 4:42 PM
Lovely house! I truly love it. But... Am I the only person who noticed a swastika on the exterior wall under the roof?
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tearsisfallingdown
Lovely house! I truly love it. But... Am I the only person who noticed a swastika on the exterior wall under the roof?

That's just a basegame wall covering I like to use, I've never seen it as a swastika before. If it is a swastika then it's probably a Jainism swastika, so it brings good luck!
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 7:39 AM
I love the look of the house, but no matter what I do, I can't get my sims to go down into the basement. There's nothing blocking the stairs below, and I've even tried deleting the light bulbs and the bit of fencing. Am I doing something wrong?
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 9:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by laylei
I love the look of the house, but no matter what I do, I can't get my sims to go down into the basement. There's nothing blocking the stairs below, and I've even tried deleting the light bulbs and the bit of fencing. Am I doing something wrong?

I don't know. Sims don't have that problem in the house in my game. Is anyone else having this problem? All I can suggest is that you delete the staircase and place it again. Let me know if the problem persists.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 11:35 AM
Charming
Space Pony
THANKS POST
#18 Old 16th Mar 2013 at 1:07 AM
I couldn't remember if I left a message or not but....

I absolutely LOVE this house!

I try to do the Legacy thing (sorta) in each of my neighborhoods & the first house is always massive & sometimes when a Sim grows up they want a smaller house but not too small & this house is perfect!!!
Test Subject
#19 Old 16th Mar 2013 at 6:48 PM
I don't know. Sims don't have that problem in the house in my game. Is anyone else having this problem? All I can suggest is that you delete the staircase and place it again. Let me know if the problem persists.

Unfortunately, deleting and replacing the staircase hasn't fixed the problem. My sims act like something is blocking the way down the stairs, even with all lights and fencing deleted both upstairs and in the basement. The blocked path thought bubble pops up every time they get to the top of the stairs trying to go down. I took out all mods, and even pulled my sims 3 folder to regenerate a new one, and I'm still having this issue.
Space Pony
#20 Old 16th Mar 2013 at 8:13 PM Last edited by sierradane : 16th Mar 2013 at 8:43 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by laylei
Unfortunately, deleting and replacing the staircase hasn't fixed the problem. My sims act like something is blocking the way down the stairs, even with all lights and fencing deleted both upstairs and in the basement. The blocked path thought bubble pops up every time they get to the top of the stairs trying to go down. I took out all mods, and even pulled my sims 3 folder to regenerate a new one, and I'm still having this issue.

I'm loading my game with that house & I'll give it a go to see what mine do. (will edit this post in a bit)

Here's what I did:

I temporarily moved the rug that was in the living room on the left side to another room. I added a spiral staircase & had one of my Sims use that one to go down. They went down into the basement okay. Then I had the Sim use the other stairs that you put in, to go up... and the Sim used that one just fine: to go up. But when I made him try to go back down on the one you put it, he stomped his foot & couldn't go down.

I'm still in love with this house though, and will continue to have my Sims grow up in it!
Scholar
Original Poster
#21 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sierradane
I'm loading my game with that house & I'll give it a go to see what mine do. (will edit this post in a bit)

Here's what I did:

I temporarily moved the rug that was in the living room on the left side to another room. I added a spiral staircase & had one of my Sims use that one to go down. They went down into the basement okay. Then I had the Sim use the other stairs that you put in, to go up... and the Sim used that one just fine: to go up. But when I made him try to go back down on the one you put it, he stomped his foot & couldn't go down.

I'm still in love with this house though, and will continue to have my Sims grow up in it!

This never happened with my test family, but now they've moved out and another family has moved in this problem is now happening in my game too. I've tried all I could think of. The only fix is to gut the house and rearrange the interior to accomodate the basement staircase in a different position, which is just depressing
The first 'decent' lot I make and it has an problem.
The rest of the house still functions alright, so I don't think I should remove this download from the site, or should I?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 8:14 PM Last edited by nanatoana : 23rd Mar 2013 at 3:54 PM.
Love this series you made! I have a question about placement? Where was this house placed in your game? I'm trying to place them in the same spots you did, and this one is stumping me. I'm having a hard time finding the landmarks that helped me place the others.

On a different note---didn't you say you used the elevations cheat? Maybe there is a roofline where there shouldn't be??

Testing edit: I had the same problem with my sims. Could not get them to go down the stairs. It is the wall that is causing the issue. I opened up the wall,and instead of them going down the stairs from the sitting room, I turned it so that they go down from the hallway between the sitting room and the dining room. I removed 1 tile of that wall and it fixed the problem .
Forum Resident
#23 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 3:14 PM
This never happened with my test family, but now they've moved out and another family has moved in this problem is now happening in my game too. I've tried all I could think of. The only fix is to gut the house and rearrange the interior to accomodate the basement staircase in a different position, which is just depressing
The first 'decent' lot I make and it has an problem.
The rest of the house still functions alright, so I don't think I should remove this download from the site, or should I?

I really liked the exterior of this house.
I don't know why, but this lot shows up "corrupt" when checked with Custard. (?)
I agree with nanatoana, as I also removed a wall to make the stairs work.
Considering this is a picked upload, you may want to revamp it so that it is entirely routable. Or at least note the stair fix in the overview/description so others know.
Scholar
Original Poster
#24 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 9:24 PM Last edited by Fergie_F : 26th Mar 2013 at 10:24 PM.
Default I fixed the basement staircase!
I think I've finally managed to fix the basement staircase, please let me know whether it works now
Here's the change to the floor plan:

nanatoana, the house is located in my game on Huckleberry lane. PlayinSafe, I haven't used any cc, so I don't know why it would be corrupt. I think the lot now works fine.
Could anyone please let me know whether the new version works successfully
Screenshots
Inventor
#25 Old 5th May 2013 at 10:27 AM
It's fun to play with the house. A lovely home for a big family. The layout it great and everthing works just fine. Thank you for sharing.
Page 1 of 2