Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Semi-realistic default eyes and eyewhites (+ eyelash remover version)

by Ketheira Posted 9th Apr 2013 at 2:06 AM - Updated 29th Dec 2013 at 6:57 PM by Ketheira : Change to better title name.

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 2:26 AM
Yay, first comment, first thanks and first download! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 4:21 PM
These are really pretty eyes. Thank you for uploading them!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Apr 2013 at 5:49 PM
Thanks! And thanks for all the thanks! xD I really didn't expect this many on two days.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 2:06 AM
These are pretty awesome! At first I wasn't sure, I took them out and put in another set of defaults that I used before and just reloaded the game; I disliked not having your defaults so much that I quit and re-downloaded them!

Only thing I didn't like is that the irises seemed just a tad too small for my liking and my sims sometimes kept looking derpy-eyed, but they look so fabulous that I can live with it!
Test Subject
#6 Old 20th May 2013 at 4:25 PM
Nicely done, even if somewhat smallish. There are some questions though. First, the pupils are positioned slightly above and to the left (when you look at the sim's face) in comparison to EA's original ones. Was it intentional or just a mistake? And second, more serious, the eyes don't work for vampires. Still no solution for the issue?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 22nd May 2013 at 3:51 AM
Really pretty.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th May 2013 at 8:58 AM Last edited by Ketheira : 20th Jun 2013 at 4:17 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by lonan
Nicely done, even if somewhat smallish. There are some questions though. First, the pupils are positioned slightly above and to the left (when you look at the sim's face) in comparison to EA's original ones. Was it intentional or just a mistake? And second, more serious, the eyes don't work for vampires. Still no solution for the issue?

Smallish is definately indended, but non of the other. I had not even thought about the vampire effect since I rarely play them. Thanks for the feedback, I'll see what I can do!

EDIT: I cannot find a thing about the glow problem! Seems like no-one ever found out how to change the size of the glow (since there's no texture), however there is a mod that removes the glow completely (eyes, body or both). Check it out. About the placing of the eyes though - it was not intended to make them a bit to the left, though the vertical placement made them more realistic somehow. If anyone else finds it irritating I'll change them but in the meantime they will just have to be as they are.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 3:35 AM
Thank you for the response. Too bad the mod removing the glow pretty much ruins the very idea of the particular character that inspired me to look for better eyes.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 3:44 AM
These are cute, will try them out. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 4:13 PM
My favorite default eyes, for sure. Thank you for these!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 27th Nov 2013 at 12:49 AM
I LOVE these defaults, BUT I can't use them + the 3D lashes, I was wondering if you ever thought about making these into contacts?
I gave up using the 3D lashes because I'd rather use these eyes, but would love to have these as contacts! :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 10:11 PM Last edited by Ketheira : 18th Dec 2013 at 8:47 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Alizatina
I LOVE these defaults, BUT I can't use them + the 3D lashes, I was wondering if you ever thought about making these into contacts?
I gave up using the 3D lashes because I'd rather use these eyes, but would love to have these as contacts! :D

Didn't realize the problem was with the eyelashes, I immediately blamed the recent update I'd installed. Thanks for the heads up.

So, I remade the eyes. They look the same though, just fixed the slight off-positioning of the iris and updated them for 1.63. The problem is that the Eyelash Removal Mod uses a Face Overlay texture. Which means it conflicts with my eye whites. Sadly the eye whites are mandatory for the eyes to look right since I only wanted certain parts of the eye to be colorable.

But there is a fix. If you want both 3D-lashes AND these default eyes...
When you download the 3D lashes from S-Club Privée, skip the eyelash remover files. Or if you already have it, delete "S-Club #[ts3-mod] ea-eyelash-removal-m.package" and "S-Club #[ts3-mod] ea-eyelash-removal-f.package" in your package folder. These are the files that conflict with my eye whites.
Re-download the new version (Ketheiras-default-eyes-no-eyelashes.zip).
Delete the simCompositorCache file and they work with the eyelashes!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 8:50 PM
I'm sorry, I'm not planning on making contacts. Though if anyone else feels up for it, go ahead!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 19th Dec 2013 at 2:33 AM
Thank you for the no eyelash version! :D
This is awesome! :D
Test Subject
#16 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 6:59 PM
I love that these are default, and can be, there for inherited genetically. Now this is the real deal! They're very gorgerous. Thank you sincerely
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 6:48 PM
I like those shinning eyes. Thanks for posting. I'll give those a try.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 6:48 PM
I like those shinning eyes. Thanks for posting. I'll give those a try.