Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 22nd May 2015 at 12:53 AM
Again, an eternity. I don't have notifications set up...

Great to see someone finally got a hang of the project!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 7:26 PM
Here are the two types of fins! There is one traditional fish-like set and one mamalian "shark fin" set. Enjoy! And let me know your feedback!
Spice Pony
#28 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gaybie
Here are the two types of fins! There is one traditional fish-like set and one mamalian "shark fin" set. Enjoy! And let me know your feedback!

Great, for the most part! The rearmost fins are a little weird, though. Unless they just showed up on the wrong place due to custom sliders or something. Are they supposed to be on the same side of the tail fin, one behind the other? Of course, those also won't work for more humanoid mersims, but I'll take what I can get. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 6:23 AM
Huh, that's strange. It must have to do with the bone assignments. I'll see what I can do to fix it, but I don't have much experience with bones and such! Haha.
Spice Pony
#30 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 10:22 AM
Huh, that's strange. It must have to do with the bone assignments. I'll see what I can do to fix it, but I don't have much experience with bones and such! Haha.

Actually, looking back at your screenshots, it looks like that's where they wound up on yours, too. Unless there's a way to either remove the lower fins entirely, or move them onto the legs, I wouldn't worry about it.
Test Subject
#31 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 12:45 PM
Oh my God,guys i'm so very thank you to who upload a fins and mermaid tail,and ears too..cuz im always looking for that one and when i try to download it the links is broken i'm so sad ,but for now i already have it i'm so very thank you! And now i'm glad cuz my mermaid now looks better like i want...
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 1:16 AM
I'd also like to say, thank you for making the mermaid tails!

I go by the name Amaai
I also have a DA & a Tumblr too.

Amaai
Marinkastel
Female | Pan | ISTP
Test Subject
#33 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 12:26 PM
Hii..guys I wanna ask something,my mermaid sims is elder age and when i try to let her swim in pool/ocean her mermaid tail not apear,please if you have solution for my problem i will very thank you..im so sad cuz my elder sim cannot have mermaid tails anymore,someone help me,sorry for my bad english i'm come from Indonesian..
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 12th Apr 2016 at 7:40 AM
Hey, I wasn't sure how to go about asking this question, so I figured I'd start here. I'd like to create a version of the IP tail that doesn't utilize the bones of both legs, but at the moment, the original bone assignments cause the tail to be distorted when worn for anything other than when a mermaid is swimming. I'd like to maybe reassign the bones so the entire tail moves based on one single leg. Does anyone know where I could find out how to do this?
Test Subject
#35 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 5:11 PM
can you use the tails on mermaids in the game? or is it for humans?
Test Subject
#36 Old 29th May 2016 at 11:34 PM
Hey there! I know this thread started a while ago, but I've actually had pretty good success in the past at designing various mermaid tails and editing the mesh *slightly*. I'm able to change the fluke shape, change the texture, and sort of edit the body of the tail to an extent. The only thing I wish I could do is add pectoral/dorsal/pelvic/etc. fins to the mesh, so if you know of a way to do that, I'd love to poke around with it! As of now, I've made a dolphin/orca tail, various fish-inspired designs with markings, and an attempt at a cecaelian. If you're interested, I did a retexture of Ginko's mermaid ears that can be used to make a more animal-esque mermaid. Those can be found _Ginko_mermaid_ear_retexture.sims3pack]here . The male version is _MALE_Ginko_ear_retexture.sims3pack]here . One of the tails I edited can be found here . And finally, an assortment of mermaid tops I created can be found _mermaid_tops.sims3pack]here . Let me know what you think and if you've had any luck since the beginning of the thread!
the ear fins don't show up in my game, i even reinstalled it and still no results
Test Subject
#37 Old 12th Jun 2016 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ililolxp21
can you use the tails on mermaids in the game? or is it for humans?
You will need the Nrass MasterController. When your Mersim is in the water and has transformed into a Mersim (with the tail and stuff) open up the MC and click on Stylist, then click on the Clothing tab then the Special Tab, and then from there you can change the Clothing of your mersim.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 12:29 AM
Hey there! I know this thread started a while ago, but I've actually had pretty good success in the past at designing various mermaid tails and editing the mesh *slightly*. I'm able to change the fluke shape, change the texture, and sort of edit the body of the tail to an extent. The only thing I wish I could do is add pectoral/dorsal/pelvic/etc. fins to the mesh, so if you know of a way to do that, I'd love to poke around with it! As of now, I've made a dolphin/orca tail, various fish-inspired designs with markings, and an attempt at a cecaelian. If you're interested, I did a retexture of Ginko's mermaid ears that can be used to make a more animal-esque mermaid. Those can be found _Ginko_mermaid_ear_retexture.sims3pack]here . The male version is _MALE_Ginko_ear_retexture.sims3pack]here . One of the tails I edited can be found here . And finally, an assortment of mermaid tops I created can be found _mermaid_tops.sims3pack]here . Let me know what you think and if you've had any luck since the beginning of the thread!

Where do you find the tail in CAS? I can't seem to find it and I also looked in the change scale color CAS but it's nowhere to be found
Field Researcher
#39 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 10:24 PM
Do you know what would be really cool, gills! Like on the neck and running up the sides of the torso. there should be three different options, one accessory being the gills just for the neck, another accessory for the gills on the torso, and the third being both gills for people who are running out of room for accessories.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 3:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by themysteriouscorn
Where do you find the tail in CAS? I can't seem to find it and I also looked in the change scale color CAS but it's nowhere to be found

You find the tails in the bottoms/pants section but to use them you need to have Nraas MasterController to use them, go to MasterController click Basics then click on outfits and equip your mermaid outfit, it should be labeled (Special) then go back to MasterController
and click Stylist, click on the bottoms section and you should see your tail there, once your happy with your mersim save it.
Test Subject
#41 Old 26th Jun 2016 at 3:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZeldaSpyroJak
Do you know what would be really cool, gills! Like on the neck and running up the sides of the torso. there should be three different options, one accessory being the gills just for the neck, another accessory for the gills on the torso, and the third being both gills for people who are running out of room for accessories.
Id download that
Field Researcher
#42 Old 26th Jun 2016 at 7:49 AM
What about a shark tail? It wouldn't have to swim side to side but I'd prefer if it came with fins and some stripes to make it not look dull, that would be perfect for my punk merman!
Instructor
#43 Old 26th Jun 2016 at 4:00 PM
Gaybie posted a shark like one above. And there's one posted on the site I believe.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 3:18 AM
I'm not sure if it's possible but wouldn't webbed fingers be awesome?
Test Subject
#45 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZeldaSpyroJak
I'm not sure if it's possible but wouldn't webbed fingers be awesome?

If that could happen then my mermaids would be amazing. The extra fins on the forearms, ears and tail make them look better already but webbed fingers would complete the look for me.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 2nd Aug 2016 at 7:51 AM

There you go! Screenshots of just about everything I've done to customize the mermaids.

Curious question, which pattern did you use for your orca sims Top, I'm having trouble replicating the the sim?
Field Researcher
#47 Old 3rd Dec 2016 at 10:48 PM Last edited by ZeldaSpyroJak : 3rd Dec 2016 at 11:00 PM.
Hey everyone, I found this awesome mermaid tail that a has fins on it, it's for young adult to adult females but if you have MasterController you can use it for teens and males like I did, here's the link and its free https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...v.2/id/1334037/ there is an older version of this tail without fins if you prefer along with a beautiful mermaid looking dress, here is the link to those. there free too http://www.beocreations.com/creatio...ea_princess.php
Field Researcher
#48 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 12:44 AM
Anybody else still interested in this topic?
Site Helper
#49 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 5:12 PM
Academic interest, since I don't have IP, but yes. I'm still interested.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#50 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 11:24 PM
Glad I'm not the only one still interested in this topic, I still want new mermaid cc and I don't want this discussion to die
Page 2 of 4