Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 9:32 PM Last edited by gskdoleo : 14th Jul 2017 at 3:47 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ZeldaSpyroJak
I still want new mermaid cc and I don't want this discussion to die

Me too! I feel there's not enough mermaid stuff around.
I would love to see things like this: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=596309
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gskdoleo
I would love to see things like this: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=596309

I completely agree with you, I wish there were gills and webbed fingers, I also wouldn't mind having more complex tails.
Field Researcher
#53 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 5:35 AM Last edited by ZeldaSpyroJak : 4th Aug 2017 at 3:15 AM.
I actually managed to make gill accessories for both males and females, but they are not 3D because I just started making CC and I'm not that good yet, I would like to share it with all of you but I don't know how to post creations on Mod The Sims, If someone were to tell me how I would gladly provide a link in this discussion
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#54 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 11:19 AM
@ZeldaSpyroJak to upload your things, you wanna go to Create> Upload Items which is right at the right side of the expand thingy

Make sure you also check out the guidelines before uploading!
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ator_Guidelines
Instructor
#55 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 8:19 PM
I'm very curious but I don't know anything about how to make clothing CC so forgive me if this is a silly question: for the webbed fingers, would it be possible to make them based on a glove? It's the only thing I can think of where it would actually move with the sim and not just be static and weird looking.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by orose
I'm very curious but I don't know anything about how to make clothing CC so forgive me if this is a silly question: for the webbed fingers, would it be possible to make them based on a glove? It's the only thing I can think of where it would actually move with the sim and not just be static and weird looking.

That could work but you would need to make a mesh for that to work, if you were to just color the glove it would only color the sides of the fingers not in between them, I downloaded a Sims 2 webbed fingers mesh not long ago and thought about converting them to The Sims 3, but I don't know which file is the mesh or how to convert it into a proper file to use in TSR Workshop, I also think I would need permission to do convert it. If I knew which file was the mesh and if the creator gave me permission to convert it I think I would be very capable of making the webbed fingers a reality.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 6:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZeldaSpyroJak
I actually managed to make gill accessories for both males and females, but they are not 3D because I just started making CC and I'm not that good yet, I would like to share it with all of you but I don't know how to post creations on Mod The Sims, If someone were to tell me how I would gladly provide a link in this discussion

@ZeldaSpyroJak
I would love to see your gill accessories, even if there not 3D, the sims3 mermaid cc is very limited and any additions to the mermaid that can be made should be made!!!!!
Field Researcher
#58 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 7:51 PM
I'm glad your excited about them, I'll make sure to share the link to them here as soon as I figure out how to post them
Site Helper
#59 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 9:17 PM
http://upload.modthesims.info/

And then follow the wizard.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#60 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 12:46 AM
I posted my gills on Sim File Share, I just need to know how to properly share the link, could somebody instruct me how to post the link without sharing my profile please?
Field Researcher
#61 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 7:21 AM
Okay, I learned how to share the file, here it is I hope you enjoy it http://simfileshare.net/folder/19419/
Field Researcher
#62 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 8:17 AM
To those of you who don't know how to access the mermaid gills for mermaid sims, you need a mod and an in-game cheat, the cheat is "unlockoutfits on" and I will provide a link to the NRaas Master Controller mod http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController, I'm sorry if some people got confused about the accessory part of the download and I will try to think more about it next time.
Field Researcher
#63 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 9:08 AM
I'm currently working on converting the mermaid and merman body gills into other accessories for those who don't like using mods, TWR Workshop is being a little glitchy right now so I'll upload them the Sims Share Files another day when the program is running better.
Field Researcher
#64 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 4:09 AM
Okay I uploaded the new accessories to Sims Share File, here is the link and I hope you guys like them! http://simfileshare.net/folder/19419/
Field Researcher
#65 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 4:10 AM
Does anybody have any idea how to make webbed fingers? I'm having difficulty doing so and I'd like to know if anyone knows how to make it possible.
Site Helper
#66 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 5:28 PM
Would it work if you made it as a new mesh for a glove that is enabled for the naked category?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#67 Old 5th Oct 2017 at 8:01 AM
Yes it could but I'm having trouble getting the fingers on the model to separate so I can actually make the webbing, I'm also having difficulty assigning the bones properly to get them to move correctly, I don't have much experience meshing because I'm just a beginner in Blender 3D after all.
Field Researcher
#68 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 12:00 AM Last edited by popcornstar45 : 13th Jun 2018 at 3:50 AM.
Default I made The ultimate mermaid content list
Here it is for whoever wants it.....

Fins- (mermaid shark fin and mermaid fin by Gaybie/Download /Shark fin Preview / mermaid fin Preview ), Drowner Acessory Dump fin by murfeelee Here, (TS2 to TS3 Shark and Spined Fins /Preview /Download), They Came From The Deep!: CAStable Accessory Fins by abufi Here

Tails- (orca, webbed and fish tail by Gaybie Download /Male Orca or Shark Tail Download / Previews: orca tail Here and Here /Webbed Tail Here and Here / Fish Tail Here and Here ), Bio-creation tail vr1 Here , Bio-creation tail vr2 Here , Bio-creation tail vr3 Here , Octopus Tail by Crimsonpages Here , Crimsonpages clownfish tail Here , Crimsonpages mermaid tail Here , (A bunch of The Mersim Collection Tails Here and Here ), (Conversion Marvin's Mermaid tail for sims3/Preview /Download ), (Spinningplumbobs spotted tail/Preview /Download ), Long Feathered Mermaid Tail by Cakestore Here , Silfantasy The little Mermaid Tail Here , Simmingly Fun The Little Mermaid Set Here

Skins- Crimson Pages rainbow mermaid scale v1 Here , Crimson Pages rainbow mermaid scale v2 Here , (Sim-it-up "Assuming Direct Control Skin-tone"/Preview / Download ), ( Sim-it-up "Harbinger"/Preview / Download ), Gills Skin by niobe Cremisi Here, Sea Skin by Niobe Cremisi Here, Mermaid Skin v1 HQ Version by niobe cremisi Here, Mermaid Skin v2 HQ Version by niobe cremisi Here, Mermaid Skin v3 HQ Version by niobe cremisi Here

Webbed Ears- Mermaid Ears Ginko0613 Here , Merman ears Ginko0613 Here , Devil Ears by Pixnet Here

Mermaid Tops- (Spinningplumbobs mermaid tops/Preview /Download )

Gill Accessories- Gills By ZeldaSpyroJak Preview / Download

Tattoo/ Makeup- Mermaid Diamond Tattoo's By Owly SimsHere , (Mermaid Blush by Taty86 Here / Alternate Download Here)

Mermaid and Merman Tails for children and Toddlers
(JuBa Male Mermaid tail for children and toddlers/ Preview Here/ Download Here )
(JuBa Female Mermaid tail for children and toddlers/ Preview Here/ Download Here )
Sil Fantasy Child Little Mermaid Tail/Info Here / Preview Here / Download: Tail and topHere , Just Tail bottomHere )

I think I got every mermaid related cc thing for the sims3 ever made!!..... but I don't know, do tell me if I missed anything
Other Fantasy CC list (Here )
Field Researcher
#69 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 8:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gskdoleo

just to let you know I posted that Topic.
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Auronoi
just to let you know I posted that Topic.

I know, everyone can see that because I posted a link to your topic. I wasn't assuming the post was mine.

Anyway, did you find that tail?
Alchemist
#71 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 9:29 PM
Does these tails work for you guys? Because I decided to try them - female orca and male shark - and they crashed my game. Got a custom content warning with the CLA.
Field Researcher
#72 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 1:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Does these tails work for you guys? Because I decided to try them - female orca and male shark - and they crashed my game. Got a custom content warning with the CLA.

@varpunen
Hmm the tails work for me...that's strange that they are crashing your game?! Does anyone have any ideas what could be going on???
Alchemist
#73 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 10:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by popcornstar45
@varpunen
Hmm the tails work for me...that's strange that they are crashing your game?! Does anyone have any ideas what could be going on???

Okay, thanks for answering. Hmm, I'll have to do some checking then for conflicts etc. Good to know it's in my end.
Test Subject
#74 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 1:56 AM
Just here to say I've been lurking on this thread and all the CC I've found here is amazing! The tails, the gills and the extra fins make my mermaids look more like well... mermaids and I love it all!
I have nothing much to contribute to this thread except for pics, though.
I didn't have the gills installed at the time these sims were created.

Test Subject
#75 Old 21st May 2018 at 3:24 PM Last edited by abufi : 24th May 2018 at 10:35 AM.
hey, i know i'm necroing the hell out of this thread and i apologize, but it's because i have a small contribution!
i've been 3D modeling for a couple years now, but i only just started making CC a few days ago. and the first two things i made were a pair of shark fins, one to go on your sim's head and one to go on their back:

theyre kinda stylized, all angular-like, so they might not be best for sims that are supposed to look more realistic, but hopefully someone besides me can find some use for them.
they look really awful in CAS for reasons i don't really understand, but as you can see in the previous screenshots they look fine in-game, so don't worry if you see something like this:

just a heads up.
you can use create-a-style on them, the dark and light parts of the fins can be styled separately. i made them for YA-E males, but if you use something like master controller to disable the accessory filters then they should look just fine on the ladies too (and teens).

here's the head fin and here's the body fin

EDIT: another little thing - i have an anglerfish-inspired character in my game, and i figured you can't have an anglerfish without the signature lure.

it's also kinda stylized (the lures on real anglerfish are straight and stiff), but i'm sure it'd be useful if you're trying to make some kind of deep-sea mermaid. it's in the glasses category, and just like above i made it for males but it'll work for everyone teen and up if you just use mods to disable the filters. it's also fully CAStable, you can change the color of the stalk and the bulb separately. the bulb is emissive and will glow in whatever color you set it to!

download it here.

oh, one more thing - i saw that someone in this thread was making mermaid tails more like the tails of sea-dwelling mammals, but that they still had that fishy scale pattern. deleting the normal maps should get rid of the scaly look
Page 3 of 4