Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Obsolete: Fish Freshness Fix

by plasticbox Posted 24th Sep 2014 at 9:29 PM - Updated 5th Aug 2015 at 12:23 AM by plasticbox

110 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 49 Feedback Posts, 60 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 9:35 PM
Ohhhhh this is so wonderful!!! tyvm
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 9:49 PM
Thank you very much! My Sim's prayers are answered. :)
Instructor
#4 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 9:53 PM
I've been hoping someone would make a fix for this. Thank you!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#5 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 9:59 PM
Thank you so much for explaining why we have to put such strange weirdnesses in with the package files. I appreciate it!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 10:04 PM
Thank you for this! I don't mind the fish spoiling in the fridge since any food made with putrid fish will still be delicious but it annoyed me that the fish in bowl barely lived a few days -.-
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 10:05 PM
Thank you so much! It was driving me crazy that my fish died so quickly!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 10:06 PM
I wasn't aware that fish in bowl can die or under what circumstances they will. This mod may not fix that issue (if it's caused by not feeding or snuggling your fish enough) -- it only sets the decay rate for bowlfish to zero.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 10:24 PM
You are a lifesaver for me and my fishing sims! It took a while for me to understand why the fish tacos or other fish dinners were always okay and my sims didn't like it. Poor things were cooking with foul fish. Sorry simmies.
Thank you very much for this mod, going in my game right now.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 10:38 PM
You made my day!!! Aaawww! Since release I've pray for this mod. Thank you soo much! <3
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#11 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 10:43 PM
I shall name my next fish after you.
Instructor
#12 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 10:48 PM
Ty so much for this upload I hated fishing cause I would forget my fish and they would spoil

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#13 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 11:50 PM
I haven't ventured into the territory of fishing in TS4 yet but I shall grab this mod now for when I do.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 11:50 PM
Thank you this was a much need mod
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 11:54 PM
Thank you. I can send my sim fishing again.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 11:57 PM
Excellent Mod!! This mod is going on my favorites list.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 12:43 AM
OMG Thank you!!! It is worth fishing again.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 2:08 AM
Thank you now I can leave the fish in the fishbowl.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 2:48 AM
3. - In your resource.cfg, add the line

DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate

(i.e.: open that file in a text editor and add the line "DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate" (without quotes) underneath whatever other text it has.)

When you say text editor, do you mean notepad? I realized that everyone who creates mods this way, uses the same directions. Is the text editor actual called "notepad". I was able to add the text script in notepad, which changed my resource.cfg file to just resource. Is this what is supposed to happen? I have asked Maddam Butterfly about this issue as well and I did not get a straightforward answer.
Instructor
#20 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 3:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by uhriahx
3. - In your resource.cfg, add the line

DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate

(i.e.: open that file in a text editor and add the line "DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate" (without quotes) underneath whatever other text it has.)

When you say text editor, do you mean notepad? I realized that everyone who creates mods this way, uses the same directions. Is the text editor actual called "notepad". I was able to add the text script in notepad, which changed my resource.cfg file to just resource. Is this what is supposed to happen? I have asked Maddam Butterfly about this issue as well and I did not get a straightforward answer.

I made a copy of my resource.cfg, then opened the original resource.cfg using notepad (I did not copy and paste it). I made the changes then saved. That way it does not change the file extension. I had the same problem you had a couple of times, this is how I got around it.

Nutty Sims Mommy.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 4:42 AM
Thanks for taking care of our fishes XD
You are the most kindest ^^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 5:56 AM
Thank you so much for this!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 7:46 PM
OMG, thank you. Seriously.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 8:07 PM
Thank you SO much for this! Now i can let my sims go fishing again!
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
I wasn't aware that fish in bowl can die or under what circumstances they will. This mod may not fix that issue (if it's caused by not feeding or snuggling your fish enough) -- it only sets the decay rate for bowlfish to zero.
The thing is that I didn't see any feed option. However I play in rotation, and the fish is always dead when I come back to a family. Still haven't tried again with your mod tho.
Page 1 of 5