Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 12:10 AM
Yes it's Free Time.
"Fixes the following minor issues in FT:
1. Restorable car is no longer unusable if reset occurs while someone is using it.
2. Genie money-from-sky no longer queuestomped.
3. Diploma/Best of Best/First Simoleon no longer cause View Many errors.
4. Hobby-written novels should no longer break study interactions.
5. Edumacation Bookcase creates goldbooks again."

Macrostatics and such I don't even know what they are, I use the safety mods (anti-corruption..) and then I use mods to stop annoying behaviour or repair broken behaviour, I don't think I ever downloaded anything that makes sims more efficient or makes them better at what they do.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 12:32 AM
Macrotastics means you can direct your sims to do homework, skill, clean, pay bills and study in uni and at the same time fill their motives. Just plop down a flamingo, an espresso machine and the Bathroom uses you toilet roll and you are set. Invaluable if you play large households with free will on.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
Yes it's Free Time.
"Fixes the following minor issues in FT:
1. Restorable car is no longer unusable if reset occurs while someone is using it.
2. Genie money-from-sky no longer queuestomped.
3. Diploma/Best of Best/First Simoleon no longer cause View Many errors.
4. Hobby-written novels should no longer break study interactions.
5. Edumacation Bookcase creates goldbooks again."

I never noticed/minded those things so never 'fixed' them. I don't fix stuff that is either not game breaking-or does not annoy me.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#29 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
There is a hack called Gussy Up by Christianlov which does the same thing as the clothing tool, except it only works on Children and older (toddlers can use the clothing tool) and Gussy Up doesn't change outerwear. But apart from those two issues, Gussy Up works the same and is superior. The clothing tool does a really odd thing with the wardrobe where it replaces clothes rather than actually fixing them, whereas Gussy Up leaves the original clothes in the wardrobe plus adds new ones. OK it's cheaty becauseit's free, but meh.

How is Gussy Up superior when it doesn't do as much as the clothing tool lol? The clothes replacement is actually explained in the readme. It's for replacing horrible outfits that you grew up into for free, where you don't want the original outfit still in your wardrobe. There are other options on the clothing tool to get new clothes without replacing current clothes.

I guess one thing I do is if I see a hack fixing something then I presume that the thing was broken or else wouldn't need the hack. Before I had any problems with them I automatically installed stuff like ftminifixes or alfixes, because OMG bug that might cause corruption lol. I wish I knew which things were safe to leave alone.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#30 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 1:53 AM
I love Gussy up, it's Superior because it's not just clothes, it's also change appearance and a CAS face molding window.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by k6ka
Love letters are some of the things delivered after a good date, IIRC. Pescado removed them because AL broke them or something, and Pescado didn't bother fixing them, because he didn't like them himself anyway.

Thank You, have removed it then from the downloads folder.

We are a Mom and 24 year old Daughter who love Sims 2, Sims 1, Sims 3 and Sims 4, respectively.
We also share videos of our games on our YouTube channel.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77

I think people either love or hate those Macrotastics type mods. I can't stand sims running around to do all the things. Now if they walked normally to clean the toilet okay, but if my teacher run in and out of all the school toilets it would drive me batty.

Used it on the Goodie's. They don't run, anywhere actually, lol.

We are a Mom and 24 year old Daughter who love Sims 2, Sims 1, Sims 3 and Sims 4, respectively.
We also share videos of our games on our YouTube channel.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#33 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 3:03 AM
I've seen them run on Let's Play's, so maybe it depends.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#34 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 10:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I never noticed/minded those things so never 'fixed' them. I don't fix stuff that is either not game breaking-or does not annoy me.

I did experience the genie-money being lost because the command was queue-stomped, the first time I tried that wish with the genie. It might have been fixed since, I rarely ever use the lamp, I wouldn't know.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 12:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
Do they really run? I've not noticed my sims running to clean, but maybe that depends on how Active they are?

Yes - they have to be Active: just barely over 5 points and they will run everywhere. Children/teens don't have to be encouraged all the way to 6 points, which is a blessing. Very neat sims may sometimes do the happy walk instead of running when you direct them to clean.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 11:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
How is Gussy Up superior when it doesn't do as much as the clothing tool lol?

Gussy up allows you to change the outfits and appearance of any sim at any time, not only controllable sims and not only if the item is on the lot. It also calls Plastic Surgery (which I don't use) and it doesn't mess up the wardrobes if you wanted another sim to wear the clothing the first sim was wearing. Finally, it's compatible with Phaenoh's hair colour-linked skin tones, which the Clothing Tool is not. (So there's an unintended consequence to that mod, granted, it's irrelevant for most users!)

Its downsides are the lack of toddlers and the lack of outerwear. But I can buy them outerwear and the baby clothes buying teddy does toddler clothes, so it's not so bad. I used to prefer the clothing tool, but I definitely prefer gussy up now.

Both the clothing tool and gussy up allow change appearance.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#37 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 11:26 PM Last edited by gazania : 24th Mar 2015 at 11:42 PM.
To be honest, all sorts of mods have that capability to limit fun aspects of the game. For quite a while, i couldn't figure out why I couldn't pull up the "stay the night" or "sleepover" menu items, and found out some time later that a mod that I had really liked was keeping those from popping up. And strangely the mod itself had little to do with sleepovers or overnight stays.

Over the last year or so, I've become much more selective with mods. Yes, I still use them and like them, but also realize it may be a tradeoff.

Of Pescado's mods, I use these. I might have missed a couple. Sorry!

antiredundancy
crumplefix
dailygardener
ffsdebugger (Batbox)
moneyorder
noagediscrimination
noaplusspam
nocorruptdeath
nodormieregen
nolamehires
noservochores
nossrespawn
nostrayrespawn
notownieregen
nounlinkondelete
restaurantbarfix
stuckobjremover
tombstonemovefix (I believe I have this ... I would have to check)
comm-skilling
antivisitcampus
vacationfixes
nohobbyspam
alfixes (The love letters didn't bother me)
creaturefixes
apthack
ofbfixes

I would also like to know if any of these mods interferes with something else in the game other than what they're intended to fix. Thanks!
I know my daughter hated the firemod because, she didn't get any kitchen fires at all (I don't know if that was typical, or another mod wasn't playing nicely with it), and for some reason, she wanted them. So I removed that one. It worked pretty well, though!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#38 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 2:11 PM
Necromancy I know, but I've changed my opinion on one of these hacks. Noadhd has been narrowed down to the hack that's making my sims freeze and have to be force errored whenever they try to read on a hammock. Does anyone else get this problem with noadhd?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#39 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 9:43 PM
I don't have that, what is it for?

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#40 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 9:56 PM
Noadhd - suppose to stop a Sim from interrupting what he is doing to go and do something else - thank you, Charity, I have actually found a problem with a hammock on a community lot recently, and did not suspect this one at all! I thought there was a problem with the lot. (I played without that mod for years, I guess I can play without it again )
Mad Poster
#41 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 10:13 PM
I use noadhd and don't have problems, but then again I rarlely have hammocks on any lots.
Theorist
#42 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 11:15 PM
I second what Orilon said. I use noadhd for years.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#43 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 12:41 AM
I don't use hammocks often unless on vacation, but I decided to let one family have one in their garden recently, so that's how I discovered the bug. May be a combination of hacks, but HCDU didn't pick anything up and removing noadhd fixed it, so I'll see how I do without it.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#44 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 12:59 AM
@ Charity which of Pescado mods take the "love letter away after a date? I do get sweet love letter after a Sims date, I just want to be sure I will never add that mod , so I can avoid it, what the file name?

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#45 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 4:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
@ Charity which of Pescado mods take the "love letter away after a date? I do get sweet love letter after a Sims date, I just want to be sure I will never add that mod , so I can avoid it, what the file name?

Sorry, totally missed this question. Lucky I was coming back to the thread for something else. ALfixes was the one taking away the love letters.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#46 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 2:31 AM
Updated to remove thefightclub from the no added features list as I found a comment from Pescado here http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=1308.0 that notes that it affects the queue stompage of 'watch fight'. Anything that stops queue stompage is good to me, but it is an unmentioned feature, so ...
Mad Poster
#47 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 7:45 AM
Since last time on this thread I can state that macrotastics - macro clean - works really well. Lazy Sims do clean, doing all the "what me?", "Oh, not that". "deep sighs" while walking very slowly from one spot to the next.
Active Sims run, doing it as fast as they can (and not always properly).
I have, and it may be the first time, a Sim with full active and neat points. When she became a child, she immediately ran as fast as she could and made all the beds in the house. She then ran outside to mop up a rain puddle. Bubbles everywhere. Pumps fist if you tell her to clean the toilet. (I should have taught my kids to be like that ). She does not really need the mod, she starts cleaning all by herself
Scholar
#48 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 11:55 AM
I need to look through mine. I know what some do but I haven't checked for 'hidden' features because I can't remember any.

antipeeobsession
antiprankhack
antiweatherreaction - DOESN'T WORK FOR ME
callover
commlightson
comm-skilling
creaturefixes
CribSleepNight
dailygardener
dontwaveatme - DOESN'T WORK FOR ME
doorbell-quieter
evilsimseviltoys
ffsdebugger
firemod
frontdoorhack
inlawsfixmaxis
lesswhiny
marriage-postmortum
marriage-traditional
noagingswarm
noaplusspam
noassignmentlitter
nobabyharassment
nobuskers
nofraternization
noreassign
noRelWarning
noroadpillows
noshockforoutgoing
notelepathy
notownieregen
nouniprotect
novanishindorms
romancemod
runtoclass
savethetrees
sellablenovels
sshack
swindlerslist
thefightclub - DOESN'T WORK FOR ME
togafix

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Mad Poster
#49 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 12:32 PM
Looked at your list and because recently I downloaded coffeecuphack just because of this: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....html#msg138243

I think it is not listed in description.
Scholar
#50 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 12:51 PM
A couple of mods I just found don't work with InTeen, and I don't remember it being mentioned upon download. SSHack is one.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Page 2 of 4