Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 11:37 PM Last edited by Simonut : 9th Apr 2015 at 9:25 PM.
Default Sims little details you can't help but love them
Hello members, lately I have been really checking out the Sims "details with their animations", you really can't help but fall in love with our Sims. And for me that is one of the main reasons why I am still playing the Sims 2 after so many years,
The things they do or surprise you with is on going and still there are things about the Sims 2 yet to be discover. Some of the "details I'll notice are as follow;

1. Have you closely watch the Sims play a game of pool? Wow ! EA really did a great job with their "precise" expression of the Sims hands placement and movement, while playing pool.
2. Have you notice how serious their facial expressions is when playing cards ? And their hands movement when serving the cards, also when they use their eyes to try to look at another Sims cards, Sims ( A) will quickly cover his or her cards so Sims ( B ) won't see them.

3. Ever watch the Sims "cook" or prepare a meal closely, I love for my Sims to use the "cutting board" it is there that you see them in action details, and sometime cutting their fingers while chopping away.
I have never been a lover of the food processor, because you really miss out on and can not see what ingredients they are using to make the food, but with the "cutting board you get to see everything.

4. Did you know a Sims will "sing" while he or she is taking a shower ? It is "random " may happen once and a blue moon. But the animation and voice is there, this I discover very recently, while the Sims is cleaning themselves and washing their hair, then pop there goes the singing. I was totally shock, I was looking around trying to find out where the singing voice was coming from, well behold it was the Sims in the shower just singing away it may only last for a quick second, but it is there.

5. I am sure all of you have notice the animations of the '' lazy" Sims, they don't even want to clean or sent an e- mail or chat, and if they are walking up or down the stairs have you ever notice their body language ? Their head is down their body is bent over, and if you direct them to chat or sent an e-mail they will look at you with the kiss of death.

6. One teen boy I directed him to go back to the table to "clean" his plate up, instead he look at me and took the plate and lick it clean. ( by the way it was Dustin Broke )
7. I am sure you have seen your Sims go to the fridge to pig out when hungry, but have you notice that he or she will look around first to see if anyone is watching, if not the sound they make get even more loud.

8. Sims child age ( stage ) when answering the phone it is so much more animated, with excitement and happiness then the adults, have you notice they use their hands more in expressing themselves than the adult, maybe because they feel grow up to answer the phone all alone. Even when they make their bed they are happy ( unlike the adults ) or when they clean their plate or the whole table they act happy and when finish doing so have you notice how they use their "hands" to wipe themselves off on their clothes like a cloth towel?

9. I love the Sims couples married or not who once in bed depending on who is in bed first Sims ( A ) is already in bed sleeping, then comes Sims ( B ) to join. Have you notice Sims ( B ) will cuddle closer to Sims ( A ) and then Sims ( A ) will quickly turn his or her head to look at Sims ( B ) like she or he is saying "ok it is you who is disturbing my sleep" then they turn their head back around to sleep position ( so cute. )

I am sure there are so many more Sims details animations with all the Sims 2 EPs added ( Like details when Sims Slow Dance ) Please feel free to share your Sims experiences with the details of animations you have notice.
Sometime it is the little small details that we may or may not pay much attention to, but it is those details that really make us all love our little Sims. The old Maxis ( staff ) did a "great" job with Sims 2 I must say.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 12:02 AM
A few days ago I was playing Gavin Newson, who is currently in red aspiration because I haven't really been paying that much attention to him recently. I watched him walk right up to the trashcan while shouting "Don't you dare kick it!" and trying to cancel the interaction, then he kicked it, so I made him clean it back up, and as soon as I muttered "that'll teach you" he looked straight at me and kicked it over again without breaking eye-contact...

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 12:21 AM
Sims 2 is still the best game in the world.

EA should stand up and take notice for it will never die.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 2:00 AM
It's one of the reasons why I love TS2. The sims have this strange ability to be more alive than in the other games. Even if the're just standing around doing nothing, the'll do something. I also love the details and the little easter eggs. It's one of those games where you after almost 10 years think you know everything about it, but somehow it still manages to surprise you.

Like today, when trying to find some info, I read that apparently they can meditate, and learn to teleport. I knew there was a teleport function somewhere in the game (I have a mod that lets them do it on command), and that there's a ninja teleport in BV, but not the meditating thing. Not sure if it's a hidden function, and haven't tried it out. It's in one of the strategy WIKIs.

I love how the babies will try to hold the bottle when the're fed, and their wide-eyed look, and the way they look after the bottle when it's taken away, very much like a rea-life baby. I'm also particularly fond of the animations the baby toys added. It made the babies come alive in a completely different way.

I also find it very funny (but still somewhat annoing) that toddlers love the toilet so much. After having seen 2-3 real-life toddlers be oddly interesting in toilets and anything that can be put into it, I don't at all find it odd that they added this into the game. And on the topic of toddlers, I love how cats first act shocked, then grudgingly start accepting it when toddlers pull them into a hug.

I've also noticed that they have a tendency to turn and look at sims that come into the room, even as far down as the baby age. Babies will sometimes even turn to stare at each other, too (mostly after moving them around with moveobjects, though).

I was very dsappointed to see that TS3 sims lacked all these little things that made the TS2 sims come alive. Sure, they have some personality, but not in the same way. TS2 sims act much more like their personality. If they love cleanliness they're perfectly happy to washing everywhere without being commanded. Lazy sims will be lazy not just when doing lazy things, but when doing other things as well. And if they're unhappy they'll break the 4th wall and stare at you with that "Do I really have to do this?" look, or stomp their feet and wave at you to do something about whatever they can't step past.
Scholar
#5 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 2:07 AM
I adore the sims children, no matter what they do. One of my favourite simkids animations is when they spin into different clothes. For technical reasons (?) they lift up into the air while doing so, and it always looks so joyful, carefree and exuberant that it´s heartwarming.

Or when you order two children to slow dance. When I saw it for the first time, the girl had an expression of "What am I doing here, I must be out my mind!". The boy seemed to like it, though.

My third favourite is from Sims: Castaway, when the Sims fish with a spear and they will mutter "cooooome, fishie-fishie!" occasionally.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 4:40 AM
The floppy-arm kid dance.
The barely-audible burp when a baby is cuddled immediately after eating.
Morning cuddles, with the hair-ruffle and the kiss on the forehead.
The cat sitting on the counter watching invisible trolls.
Knowledge sims summoning aliens with flashlights, occasionally banging the flashlights with their hands to jolt the battery connection, and whistling for them like dogs.
Toddlers picking their noses and sticking anything and everything into their mouths.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 5:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Toddlers sticking anything and everything into their mouths.

Like the dolls from the dollhouse. And if you select them while doing it the pop up face has a doll hanging out its mouth. XD
Mad Poster
#8 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 5:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Like today, when trying to find some info, I read that apparently they can meditate, and learn to teleport. I knew there was a teleport function somewhere in the game (I have a mod that lets them do it on command), and that there's a ninja teleport in BV, but not the meditating thing. Not sure if it's a hidden function, and haven't tried it out. It's in one of the strategy WIKIs.

Yup, it's not a particularly effective teleport, since it takes so long to use, although it is one that allows Sims to appear in locations that would otherwise be completely inaccessible, like rooms without doors. As I recall, a Sim has to spend either 12 or 24 hours total meditating in order to "unlock" the skill, and you'll know that they did it when you see a blue flash around them, and they start to levitate in their double-lotus position. Once it's unlocked, you can use it right away (comparitively speaking) after directing a Sim to meditate, and they'll always levitate while meditating too.

After a particularly dramatic snowfall, Sim kids can get a snow day and be free from school to go and play in the fluffy whiteness. Snow days are an important part of childhood... something my school always seemed to fail to comprehend...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 6:13 AM
I love the animations when a Sims falls asleep in their food. How they look around them to see if anyone saw them, then wipe their face before continuing to eat.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 8:12 AM
Personally I've always loved spying on neighbours with the telescope, and then having the neighbour come over and slap/poke your sim for it. It's just so random and doesn't make any sense, that it's perfect.

I actually find it kinda creepy when the sims stare right at the camera...it's like they're self-aware (or camera-aware :P).

Edit: I also love when they whistle The Sims 2 theme...I do that in real life sometimes too, haha.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 11:55 AM
I love the little fist pump they do when you direct them to do something they enjoy. And the way cats hide behind bushes and jump out at passers-by. Also, how some dogs will become friendly with the postperson and greet them when they appear on the lot.

You lied to me…There is a Swansea!
Inventor
#12 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Yup, it's not a particularly effective teleport, since it takes so long to use, although it is one that allows Sims to appear in locations that would otherwise be completely inaccessible, like rooms without doors. As I recall, a Sim has to spend either 12 or 24 hours total meditating in order to "unlock" the skill, and you'll know that they did it when you see a blue flash around them, and they start to levitate in their double-lotus position. Once it's unlocked, you can use it right away (comparitively speaking) after directing a Sim to meditate, and they'll always levitate while meditating too.

Did you ever notice that your Sims don't take nearly as long to start teleporting around if they use the rock garden to meditate? It doesn't seem to contribute to your regular meditation (and its unlocking of teleportation), and you can't control those teleports, so they're not the least bit useful. Your Sims just start levitating in the lotus position and teleporting randomly around the rock garden. It's neat to look at.

As far as usefulness, I agree; meditation levitation isn't terribly useful. You're better off with either ninja teleportation or Magivestigium (witchy teleportation). Magivestigium doesn't cost anything to use, but it's a neutral spell; using it too many times can tarnish your witch's Infallibly Good or Atrociously Evil vibe (and the skintone which comes with that). So remember to counter your teleport's neutrality drift by summoning the appropriate swarms of butterflies or cockroaches every now and then.

I'm still a bit amused by the differences between Simmy vampires sleeping in the coffins and regular Sims sleeping in the coffins. Non-vampires clamber into the coffins, lie down and clumsily shut the lids on top of them, then just sort of barge the lid out of their way when they're done sleeping. Vampire Sims have this chorus of wolf howls and bat chirps as they sit down in their coffins, cross their arms over their chests and lie back while the coffin's supernaturally billowing mist and closing the lid on top of them. Then they simply reverse the process when it's time to wake up. Vampires have style like that.

Another detail that still grabs me is how children will get impish and start belching into the microphones if you have any podiums (career rewards for the Law or Politics tracks) standing around. My witchy Covenheart family has had two bigtime lawyers and a mayor, and their children have really put those podiums through the paces. :D
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 1:07 PM
Sim comfort the crying sim autonomous interaction. It happens so rarely and leaves almost an unforgettable memory.

General Buzz has found a new wife. They have a daughter called Ela. One day general wanted to talk to someone. He was alone at home with his child daughter, so he talked with her. I noticed that they became increasingly attached to each other after that.

(My observation: fulfilling talk to someone want almost always leads to somehow more deep wants.)

Ela wanted going fishing. So they went. (I built 1x1 community pond; rather bird watering place or large puddle than a pond; with grill, a hammock and a pee bush only. The place is quite popular.) Ela was such a lively open girl who spontaneously talked with everyone. Suddenly I saw her crying. I didn't notice what happened. She had something like “rude neighbor” in her queue. General Buzz knelt down to her and consoled her. I was touched.
Scholar
#14 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 1:54 PM
I just took my three teen siblings to a dance club. One of the girls was smustling, while her brother was getting a cup of coffee. While on route to a sofa to drink it, he stopped for a moment to look at her dancing and then nodded in approval - apparently, she's good at it - and then continued to his seat.
Now, that's responsiveness.

The best thing about a good thing is that it inspires a better thing. ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 2:19 PM
I loved this details:

1. Toddlers! Everything toddler!!! (and free babies too)
Their dancing animation, their "Huggle" interaction, throwing up, playing with toilet, teen and children's interactions with them, interactions with pets, toodlers getting out
of the crib... There is just too much about toddlers!

2. Iddle animations.
Where this game shines are animations, both by what they portray and the quality of them. And the best of all, all of them are connected either to the age or to the personality of a sim. I like when I see my teenage sim sliding down the staircase or my neat sim cleening the windows. It's all unexpected but nice and somehow adds to the both sides, realism and quirkiness. I love it.

3. Goddamn universality of this game.
Everything is universal, just like it should be in a sims game. Teenagers were teenagers, kids were kids, adults were adults and elders were elders. I like it when my teen sneaks out, gets his first kiss, or get a pimple. I like when child sim grows up badly and then gose throwing tantrum around the house. I love to see my elderly couple snuggling in bed remembering old days.

4. Interactions.
Interactions between sims are so broad, i can't help but love that part too. There were all kind of games that all sims (no matter their age) could enjoy. From games in pool and seasonal activities to kid's games and board games. Dating and romantical interactions ( and animations too) did not lack anything.

5. Conectivity.
Every EP of this game was connected in a matter that really brought out the potential of this game as a sandbox. Main example was OFB, but seasons and pets too. And best of all everything was optional.

6. Customizability.
Everything's at ease. Everything is available and waiting for you to be the real god in this game. You could do anything, and there were no restrictions (except loading screens). Customizability was something that this game was built upon.

And these are just few of the reasons why I love TS2 and why it's greatest game of all times!
Instructor
#16 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 3:09 PM
Every thing about toddlers are so cute!
I also like when Sims in love do romantic interactions autonomously especially the bed cuddling.

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#17 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 6:28 PM Last edited by Simonut : 9th Apr 2015 at 9:33 PM.
My Number 10. Another detail animation that I like to watch closely is when the Sims parents is trying to teach the toddlers how to potty, It's so funny and do happen with real life baby. A friend I know had her toddler on the potty, as she was standing there waiting, for the toddler to do it's No. 2 she kept saying "poop poop for mom ok be a good toddler and make some poop, poop for mom, then she stop and said to me OMG this take so long to do."
I just crack up laughing so hard and told her "not to worry you have just cross over to the Sims world, she ( Julie ) look at me and said shut up ! just wait until it happen to you in this world. Oh well I guess she told me. lmao

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Scholar
#18 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 6:30 PM
Personally I think TS3 is more fun to design homes (CAST), but SIms 2 definitely outshines it in Sim personalities and gameplay
Mad Poster
#19 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 6:51 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 9th Apr 2015 at 7:34 PM.
I don't think I built a single house in TS3. I barely even bothered re-furnishing the houses. Don't know why, because I love to do it in TS2. Maybe I just find it a bit more fun and challenging to build and decorate without CASt (even if I sometimes miss it).
Field Researcher
#20 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 7:11 PM
I'm not mad keen on slob sims, but one thing I love is when I order to clean up their puddles... Oh my, that look!

And that resolute, super-happy look going up the stairs... I've mostly seen it on Tank Grunt, basically whenever I tell him to stargaze. He loves it. Actually that's when I saw him walk like that for the first time that I decided to end his misery and make him a knowledge sim. They're all just... you know, endearing.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 7:32 PM
I'm glad EA payed attention to the different animations and gestures Sims make when talking about different topics/subjects. You'll notice them making airplane noises when talking about airplanes/traveling and pretend to be playing a guitar when talking about music. :O
Scholar
#22 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 8:25 PM
There's a squillion little details so I can't list them all!
Details like how the pinkish sun comes out after it rains in autumn, how the sims freak out from seeing vermin. All the toddler actions are cute awww moments. I also find the breaking the fourth wall thing hilarious- like really, you want me to do that?! And the bouncy wobbly hand dance thing that children do 😱 its brilliant!
The details make it seem so real, even though it obviously isn't. There are so many hold my breath moments because of the sometimes unexpected responses.I guess it makes the game more comfortable to play. Because ts3 lacks these details, I found that I build houses rather than play the game and experience the sims themselves.

I think that made sense?
Mad Poster
#23 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 8:59 PM
I love how the animations for things aren't always the same. Sometimes toddlers will cuddle the bear, sometimes they bite its ear, or squeeze its nose. And it's so fun how they'll be really upset if they can't get the bricks into the logic toy, and how happy they are when they mange it. I also love how they'll use the xyophone stick as a chew toy.

I also find it funny how cats play around with the toy mouse, as if it's a real one.
Theorist
#24 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 9:06 PM
Meditation can be a very useful tool. When I played Life Stories, I had the main female learn to meditate. It helped her get thru her pregnancy or to the next part of the storyline. It seemed their motives went down much too fast during parts of the quests. One thing I learned was to take a few days to work at skills or anything else that took too much time, as the quests were always there once the character was ready to move onto the next step. Meditation comes in handy for a number of things that require them to have decent needs levels.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Inventor
#25 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 9:20 PM
The way some sims grumble while on their way to something. I do not mean the complaining when assigned a task they don't like.
Just grumble for the sake of grumbling because they are grouchy or feel like it.
It still can bring a smile on my face or get a chuckle out of me when I hear one of them do that.
Page 1 of 10