Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

DEPRECATED "Long Wavy Parted" - gender conversion

by bloodredtoe Posted 1st Jun 2015 at 4:47 AM - Updated 3rd Jun 2016 at 1:52 AM by bloodredtoe

15 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 5:23 AM
I love it! Probably the most aggravating thing about making my boyfriend as a sim was the lack of long hair. I'd have to settle for midway down the face, whereas IRL it goes almost to his butt. Looks great!<3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 6:58 AM
I'm mostly mad they didn't build the character models to just make all hair universal for both genders - it's double value for the same amount of work. It boggles the mind:S
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 10:16 AM
I would assume that long hair behaves differently because on a female upper body it needs to go around the boobies, whereas on a male upper body it can hang straight down .. dunno if that is what you edited but to me it would seem kind of logical =)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
I would assume that long hair behaves differently because on a female upper body it needs to go around the boobies, whereas on a male upper body it can hang straight down .. dunno if that is what you edited but to me it would seem kind of logical =)

I mostly edited it to stick further out to account for bulkier torsos and around the collar area to make it less likely to clip through the many collared tops in the game.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 9:23 PM
Great job, thanks!! :-)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 1:32 PM
Love this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 2:55 PM
Again, thank-you for this conversion!
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 9:13 PM
I like that hat on the black haired sim. Is that in game?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gypsyfluffs_inc
I like that hat on the black haired sim. Is that in game?

Can't check now, but pretty sure the hat is from GtW. It is definitely from the game, not CC!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 6:28 PM
Lovely and necessary.
Test Subject
#12 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 5:08 PM
Great hairstyle and would love to have it in my game but when I download it, it messes up and turns the whole person including the hair all red black and white and makes them look really weird, had to delete the file from my folder.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#13 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 5:15 PM
Do you have Outdoor Retreat or not? Like it says in the upload description,

Quote:
Warning: This package contains no textures - it links to the original Outdoor Retreat assets instead. Use without pack will result in missing texture problems.

This upload is missing the EP flag but that is likely not the uploader’s fault -- there were some technical (site) issues with those flags for a while. I’ll go fix it now so that it shows properly in the search.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 12:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
This upload is missing the EP flag but that is likely not the uploader’s fault -- there were some technical (site) issues with those flags for a while. I’ll go fix it now so that it shows properly in the search.

Indeed, I tried setting Outdoor Retreat flags several times and it never worked. Glad it's fixed now. (I also now updated flag for the other OR hair).
Test Subject
#15 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 6:38 PM
I cannot get neither this one nor the other long hair mesh to work, it shows in the game but only as a red and white sort of blurry mesh if that makes any sense. Doe anyone know what the issue may be?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#16 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 12:42 AM
Have you read this thread?