Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Functional Lounge Chair

by Esmeralda Posted 8th Jul 2015 at 8:18 PM - Updated 8th Jul 2015 at 10:48 PM by Esmeralda : Minor text edit

57 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 48 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 8:38 PM
This is really great stuuf, Esmeralda. CC creators and modders like you are just golden, and are truly what makes this community so amazingly epic. Thank you for the loungers, m'lady :)
Field Researcher
#3 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 8:51 PM Last edited by g1g2 : 9th Jul 2015 at 1:38 AM.
thanks esmeralda my love :lovestruc

ea seem to not know what fit in there packs
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 9:00 PM
Pretty cool!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 10:02 PM
Fantastic! I guess EA said do this for ourselves since we can't get lounge chairs in any EP, SP, or GP. Thank you very much for sharing with us. :)

I think it looks good. I'm using it for my parks. LOL This is great!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 10:05 PM
Amazing! now my sims can enjoy a day of suntanning
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 10:17 PM
These are great! By the way, Lunararc created some loungers also, and apparently figured out a way for the sims to recline back. Maybe Lunararc can help you with that. Here's the link: http://lunararcsimsstuff.blogspot.com/2015/07/luana-lounge-chair.html#more
Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 10:31 PM
They look awesome :)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 10:37 PM Last edited by Esmeralda : 8th Jul 2015 at 10:54 PM.
Thanks, everyone

Quote: Originally posted by simaholic63
These are great! By the way, Lunararc created some loungers also, and apparently figured out a way for the sims to recline back. Maybe Lunararc can help you with that.

Ah well, it seems that whenever I make something, someone else has already just made it too! Thanks but I'm not keen on copying how other creators made their items, and the tilted-over-backwards sitting position on those chairs wouldn't suit this mesh. But, it's a nice job (Lunararc always makes nice stuff) and now people can have a choice of two different types of lounger. A little variety is always good!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 10:49 PM
Thank you so much!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 10:59 PM
FINALY some good lounge chairs love it thank you!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 11:05 PM
Thanks for these much needed functional lounge chairs for all of us to enjoy !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 12:30 AM
I LOVE this! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 1:17 AM
Thanks!!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 4:25 AM
Just what I need for my pools!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 6:05 AM
This is amazing! Well done!!!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#17 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 6:11 AM
Thank you!! <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 4:58 PM
Thanks, Esmeralda.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 5:56 PM
Cool! Thank you very much. I always grab your stuff because you do such a great job. *smile*
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 7:45 PM
THANK YOU ESMERALDA U DA REAL MVP FOR THIS
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 9:27 PM
There's a lot of colors! :D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#22 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 11:38 PM
@Esmeralda: Praise the queen Esmeralda 0.0, I swear to god that i couldn't edit the slots to make the sims legs straight. That's what i was planing to first. You're so talented, thanks for this great Lounge ^_^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 1:11 AM
Thankyou, these look very useful
Test Subject
#24 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 4:24 AM
Did you create the animation of the sims lying down on the lounge chairs? If so great job!!! I've never seen a custom animation before. This could open some doors....

Thanks again! This is just what the game needed, among other things....
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 9:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lunararc
@Esmeralda: Praise the queen Esmeralda 0.0, I swear to god that i couldn't edit the slots to make the sims legs straight. That's what i was planing to first. You're so talented, thanks for this great Lounge ^_^

Hi Lunar, nice to hear from you, long time no 'see'! I took a look at your chair after someone in the above comments gave me a link to it, and saw that it looks like you tilted the slots backwards to achieve the leaning-backwards position. In my case, I made the new position by editing the chair's rig, not the slots. So we've come up with two completely different styles of chair and positions, which is a good thing - more variety for poolside lounging!
Quote: Originally posted by Scorpio1107
Did you create the animation of the sims lying down on the lounge chairs? If so great job!!! I've never seen a custom animation before. This could open some doors....
Thanks again! This is just what the game needed, among other things....

It's not a custom animation, just an edit to the chair rig that makes the sims put their legs, feet and backsides into a different position than in the default sitting position. Custom animations have already been made for TS4, but unfortunately at the moment they can only be default replacements AFAIK. I hope non-default ones will become possible!

Thanks, both of you, and thanks again everyone
Page 1 of 3