Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Creepy Hill Manor Dorm (No hacks - Only Maxis assets) *UPD 20APR*

by Numenor Posted 14th Apr 2005 at 12:00 AM - Updated 1st Oct 2008 at 8:26 PM by Numenor

61 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 59 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 6:15 PM
Wow! :wow: Very nice, Thanks! :D
Banned
#3 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 6:24 PM
i cant make dorms
but i m nnot useless
see i can download them
Beautiful Girl from Norway
#4 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 6:36 PM
Great Numeror (he's a geinus, right?)
#5 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 12:14 AM
sweet dude
Inventor
#6 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 4:35 PM
I downloaded this and when I went to install it the S2CPI showed the lot as an empty package, so it's not showing up in game
#7 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 6:36 PM
Unbelivable i'm the only one who thinks Numenor is a genius ?!!!! i am stunned!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 7:08 PM
UPDATE: I've posted a fixed version of the package; now it can be installed also with the Sims2Pack Clean Installer.
No modifications were made to the lot itself.

Thanks Greenlea for having reported the problem (the old version was installable only using the Maxis installer, it didn't work with the S2PCI).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Inventor
#9 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 1:33 AM
Thank you I can't wait to put some Sims in it I always love your lots. *waits patiently for approval*
#10 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 12:31 PM
By the way... what does "Pedo Mellon a Minno" mean?
(yes i have to know eveythig :P)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 1:10 PM
"Pedo Mellon a Minno" it's Sindarin (the language of the Elves); it means "Speak Friends and Enter": anyone who claims to be a friend is welcome to enter. In my case, it means also "Ask and I'll answer you"

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Inventor
#12 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 2:08 PM
What architectural delight are you planning on gracing us with next?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 2:10 PM
Who knows? When the building frenzy obnubilates my mind anything can come out! :D
Instructor
#14 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 2:50 PM
When the clouds part, Numenor,the results are always well apreciated

They call me The Seeker.
I've been searching low and high.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 12:40 AM
This is really interesting, can't wait to try it. I have been considering making a dorm in which you have roommates, but glad someone else tried it first and it works. So, let me get this straight, in order for the game to spawn npcs, do all bedrooms with double beds have to have 2 doors, or is this only for rooms where you want npc roomie? I'm about to send a romance sim to college and she'd be miserable having the whole dorm to herself.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 1:25 AM
All the rooms with a double bed must have two doors (the game spawns 1 NPC for each door, unregarding the number of the rooms in the dorm).
If your sim wants to share the room with an NPC, the room should anyway have a second door: otherwise the roomie NPC might lock the door and your sim wouldn't be able to access the room anymore!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 11:24 AM
I can't seem to download the file
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 11:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimJymm
When the clouds part, Numenor,the results are always well apreciated

The clouds parted

This is only a preview: the house will be available for download as soon as the Admins will approve it.

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 11:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sparkle777uk
I can't seem to download the file

Since I had to replace the attachment with the fixed version, it is currently waiting for approval: please, check back later.

#20 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 12:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
The clouds parted

This is only a preview: the house will be available for download as soon as the Admins will approve it.

Hehe thats a nifty little house u have there :bump:

Nobody likes u, everyone left u they'r all out without u, having fun...
#21 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 3:30 PM
Thanks Numenor I sure will
Instructor
#22 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 6:13 AM
Seeing the preview of your next house reminds me of "The World of Tiers" by Philip José Farmer.

They call me The Seeker.
I've been searching low and high.
Test Subject
#23 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 7:25 PM
WOW! that's very, very cool! I love it! Thank's for sharing!
Inventor
#24 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor

Another important notice is that in this dorm there's a strict dicipline: the students are supposed to clean the empty dishes after having eaten (the cook won't do it, because the dining room is separate by the cafeteria).

One other thing I wondered about, every time I read a tutorial about how to convert a residential lot into a dorm was that in order to spawn a cafeteria worker you had to use the ShynyTyme cooktop (I know I spelled that wrong lol) is that not true? Cause I noticed you put a normal black stove in the dorm. I just moved some people into it and then had some stuff I needed to do so I hadn't played it yet.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 3:24 PM
UPDATE 20-APR: in my last update, I posted by mistake an old version of the lot, still with a "residential-style" kitchen; as a result, the Cafeteria Worker didn't appear on the lot.
Thanks to Greenlea (again ), that noticed that the stove was not the required ShinyTime (there was an ordinary black stove, instead).
Now everything is fixed: who downloaded the lot from Apr 15th until today (and therefore finds a black stove in the dorm cafeteria), please redownload the lot, as soon as it will be approved.

Page 1 of 3