Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Japanese Low Dinner Table

by Arsil Posted 15th Jun 2016 at 5:10 PM - Updated 22nd Apr 2017 at 4:17 PM by Arsil : Minor BugFix

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 21 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Inventor
Original Poster
#2 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 5:37 PM
Reserved For Future Use
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 9:11 PM
This is really something thank you for bringing a different culture into the game I really appreciate it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 9:29 PM
Mod super,I really liked.I'm trying to learn how to eat with chopsticks.I translated it into Russian
A Japanese low dinner table to eat in kneeled position.- Японский низкий обеденный низкий столик столик,за которым сидят на полу
Japanese Low Dinner Table- Японский столик Котацу
Seiza= Сэйдза
I wrote the name in translation Котацу-kotatsu https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kotatsu
But I do not understand mod Japanese Culture Trait,how to add this character trait Japanese?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 12:07 AM
love it thanks
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 1:13 AM
Oh my !!!! I've been really really really looking forward to it!!! Thank you sooooooooooooo much !!! I'm so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 3:31 AM
Thanks so much for this! I actually made a traditional/modern Japanese house and was looking to see if I could find anything like this. I have a question though, and I don't off-hand know your rules or terms of use, but I wanted to know if you could make an invisible version of the table? Like, so I could pair it up with any coffee table in the game? Because then there would be more diversity in my designs. If you can't or do not want to do it or you don't take requests, that's totally fine and I respect that. I just had no idea and that thought just popped into my mind as soon as I saw your awesome table!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 7:10 AM
I'd like to take one moment to thank you for everything you've added lately to the game. Lots are things I've been waiting for a long time. You gave me the desire to play again, and for that especially, thank you; GRAZIE MILLE !
Inventor
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 7:16 AM Last edited by Arsil : 16th Jun 2016 at 7:45 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by optimuspraim14
But I do not understand mod Japanese Culture Trait,how to add this character trait Japanese?

It is a hidden trait, I suggest using NRaas Master Controller for adding it to Sims.
In the description of that mod you will find more info.

Quote: Originally posted by EMMYPESS
[CUT]Because then there would be more diversity in my designs

I understand where you are coming from. Coffee tables use different slots,
so you can't simply apply my script to them or just pair them with an invisible
version of my object.

You can clone with S3OC a coffee table you like, then open the newly create package with S3PE to:
- edit the OBJK resource to use my script (Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Arsil.JapLowDinnerTable)
- edit the VPXY resource to reference the RSLT resource of my table (not the one with a name) in the TGI Blocks list
If I haven't forgotten anything else, these should be the only steps needed, but I realize it might not be an easy job.

Stick to 1x1 tiles tables. In theory the mod should support also a 2x1 tiles table (new routing slots should
be added and old ones probably re-positioned), but the animations will look really weird: the food would
be too far from Sims.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 1:46 PM
This is an impressive mod. Thank you for sharing it!
Inventor
#11 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 7:34 PM
Amazing as always, Arsil! I just finished converting TS2 Bon Voyage Tea Table and I adapted the mesh to be used with your mod. As soon as I finish the last touches, I'll upload it so you can use that object instead of a generic coffee table.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 7:35 PM
Brilliant, arrigato ;)
Inventor
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 7:47 PM
That looks nice, Naus Allien ^^
The table seems smaller, check also how the napping pose looks like (both child and teen+).
Are the rug/pillows part of the object or are they separate?
Keep up the good work.
Inventor
#14 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 10:11 PM Last edited by Naus Allien : 17th Jun 2016 at 8:23 PM.
Yes. The table and the pillows are two separate objects (the pillows act exactly like a rug). I tried making it as a single object, but there was a problem with both textures and mapping. The fact that the pillows are separate could be good too, because it allows you to combine them with any other table.
I think both tables are about the same size. I modified the mesh quite extensively to match the right proportions and, for what I can see, it works just fine. Kids put their foreheads on the table when they're having a nap, and there's no clipping or anything of that sort.
I'm uploading the files so you can take a closer look. Any suggestions or comments (or anything that you think could be improved) would be appreciated.
You'll find the table in Surfaces->Misc and the pillows in Decor->Rugs. Both are CAStable and have one channel (if you want I could make more channels for the table).
You can modify whatever you want (price of example or description) and fix anything you think it needs fixing (that's not related to the mesh/textures).
If you want any other conversion from TS4/TS2 (both EA Made Objects or CC) for a mod like this, don't hesitate to ask me. I'm very busy but it's always a pleasure to help a master modder like you. :D
Screenshots
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#15 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 10:36 PM
Thank you so much, Arsil! You have such wonderful creations and I'm always excited when I see that you've made a new one.

Thank you, Naus Allien, for converting the TS2 Bon Voyage Tea Table. I have been wanting a similar tea table to TS3 since it was one of my favorite objects in TS2, but just having the table is such a nice tribute for it too. I wish I could thank your post too.
Inventor
Original Poster
#16 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 6:38 AM
I love it, Naus Allien, thanks! And I too prefer the pillows as separated objects.
Feel free to upload it yourself (or leave it in the comment if you prefer), I'll put a link in the mod description.

I noticed a little flaw: when you are placing it and you are "pointing" to a place where it can't be placed
the mesh becomes all weird and it moves erraticly. I've seen this in other CC too, I'm not sure but it
might depend by the shadow meshes??? I think it's a harmless flaw but maybe you are interested in fixing it.

On a unrelated note, I've noticed a weird flaw in the microwave meal mesh. When placed in a coffee
table, a weird gap (for lack of a better word) appear. In the screenshot there's a re-textured version
I'm using to simulate a bento (lunch box).
Screenshots
Inventor
#17 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 7:51 AM Last edited by Naus Allien : 17th Jun 2016 at 8:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
I love it, Naus Allien, thanks! And I too prefer the pillows as separated objects.
Feel free to upload it yourself (or leave it in the comment if you prefer), I'll put a link in the mod description.

I noticed a little flaw: when you are placing it and you are "pointing" to a place where it can't be placed
the mesh becomes all weird and it moves erraticly. I've seen this in other CC too, I'm not sure but it
might depend by the shadow meshes??? I think it's a harmless flaw but maybe you are interested in fixing it.

On a unrelated note, I've noticed a weird flaw in the microwave meal mesh. When placed in a coffee
table, a weird gap (for lack of a better word) appear. In the screenshot there's a re-textured version
I'm using to simulate a bento (lunch box).

I'll try to post it tomorrow then.

I don't know what you mean by "the mesh becomes all weird and it moves erraticly". I just tried doing what you described and it worked just fine (I mean, like any other object in game). You can watch the video I'm attaching to see it yourself. Maybe it depends on your settings. I tried to re-generate both shadows (HP and LP) just case it was that. I also improved the ground shadow a little bit. Tell me now if it still does that weird glitch.

I guess the problem with the microwave meal is that its bottom is not complete flat? That's the only possible explanation I can think of. Maybe an override will fix it.
Inventor
Original Poster
#18 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 9:02 AM Last edited by Arsil : 18th Jun 2016 at 7:35 AM.
I see that in your video it doesn't look weird, but shouldn't the object look semi-transparent
instead of invisible when you can't place it? Or does that depends on the graphics settings?
It still does that "funny dance" on my game (see screenshot in the last post). The shadow
mesh thing was just an uneducated guess on my part.

The pillows looks fine, but what about making single object instead of the set of 4?
I'm not telling you to do it like that, it's just an idea to allow more versatility: maybe
someone want to place the table near a wall, even if maybe that will give routing
problems like the bunk beds that Sims can access from the other side of a wall.
EDIT: I tried and it works correctly if placed near a wall.

The weird thing about the microwave meal mesh is that it looks like that only when
you place it on a coffee table. On another table or in the ground it looks fine, that's why
I haven't exported the mesh to take a closer look at it with an external program.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 2:50 PM
Thank you Arsil! A functional Kotatsu? Bless the sim gods Arsil is back. It's like Christmas came early with these fabulous mods you keep giving us. Murfeelee and Naus Allien, thank you too.😊
All we need now is some Japanese tea, cheers everyone.

TGIF I'm finally going to download this and play today.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 4:46 PM
Merci Beaucoup !
Inventor
#21 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 5:50 PM
Arsil: I think now it should be fixed. Somehow TSRW had some problems exporting/importing bone assignments and that was likely the cause of that problem. So I updated TSRW and re-did the whole thing. Now it seems to work fine (now it looks semi-transparent when you can't place it as you said it should, can't believe I didn't notice it before). Hopefully it works fine now for you too.

I'll probably do a single version of the pillows, so people can place them individually if they want to but I'll also leave a version with the four of them for the sake of easiness. Sims is all about giving players many choices, right?
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Table-Test2.rar (15.18 MB, 35 downloads)
File Type: rar  NausAllien-TS2BVJapTableV2.rar (61.4 KB, 43 downloads)
Inventor
Original Poster
#22 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 6:04 PM Last edited by Arsil : 17th Jun 2016 at 6:24 PM.
Looks fine to me. Thanks for your hard work.

### I'll probably do a single version of the pillows, so people can place them individually if they want to but I'll also leave
### a version with the four of them for the sake of easiness. Sims is all about giving players many choices, right?

Good idea.

Please remember to delete the old attachments once you upload the final version ^^
Inventor
Original Poster
#23 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 6:24 PM Last edited by Arsil : 20th Jun 2016 at 6:24 AM.
OT: your enthusiasm and spirit of collaboration gave me the energy and willingness to make another mod.
Do you mind making a very simple object for me?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#24 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 5:00 PM
This is something that should have been in World Adventures; thanks SO Much for your INCREDIBLE traditional Asian mods! :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 10:19 PM
Looking forward to using this! :)
Page 1 of 2