Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Generic Food Maker

by Arsil Posted 20th Jun 2016 at 11:51 PM - Updated 26th Apr 2017 at 9:52 AM by Arsil : Updated the description

57 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 36 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Inventor
Original Poster
#2 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 11:52 PM Last edited by Arsil : 21st Jun 2016 at 7:40 PM.
GENERIC PROCEDURE:
Take a suitable object and edit its OBJK resource to use my script
Code:
Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Arsil.GenericFoodMaker

and in game with Buy/Build mode interactions you configure what recipes and morsels you can make with the object.

So, in case of a rice cooker, you can put
- as recipe: ArsilWhiteRice
- as morsel: ArsilOnigiri
(sorry for using my own stuff as example, but I originally designed the mod exactly for this purpose)

Configure the object to be a counter appliance and set the other options as you like.

I've prepared an override package for SIMcredible's rice cooker at thesimsresource

Install that object and also put my package (the one in this comment's attachment) in the Overrides folder.

In addition to the OBJK, I also override/modify the OBJD and specifically:
- the SlotPlacementFlags to only use the "Large" and "CounterAppliance" and FullRotation options.
Note that these are not enough to avoid placing the object elsewhere, but they still help
- the cataloguing to ensure the object is in the appliances section (and not decorations, for example)
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Arsil_SIMcredibleRiceCooker_Override.package.zip (1.7 KB, 500 downloads)
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 11:52 PM Last edited by Arsil : 21st Jun 2016 at 12:06 AM.
ATS3's Sandy has some toasters

As recipe you can use "PeanutButterAndJelly".

Here's an override mod for the red toaster (ATS3-object-goodmorning-toaster-american)
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Arsil_ATS3Toaster_Override.package.zip (1.5 KB, 420 downloads)
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Jun 2016 at 12:58 AM
Hi Arsil,
Could you please add an example of usage to the description--a more complex description of your mod in comments is fine, but it needs to be in the initial description as well. Thanks

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Scholar
THANKS POST
#5 Old 21st Jun 2016 at 1:15 AM
This is so cool! Arsil, you have such good ideas
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 21st Jun 2016 at 1:26 AM
Wow!!!! I had never imagined this!!! Awesome!!! Great!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!
Inventor
#7 Old 21st Jun 2016 at 4:28 AM
Thanks Arsil for another amazing mod!

It'll be great if you could add or tell us where to find a list with al the recipes we can use (or even make it more user-friendly by adding a menu similar to the one in registers). You could also tell us which animations are best suited to use for small appliances.
Scholar
#8 Old 21st Jun 2016 at 5:21 AM
Hi Arsil, I am trying to use Sandy's toaster, the one you referred to with your override mod in 'Overrides' folder, but the toaster can't be placed on a counter. You say we have to make sure to 'place it in a counter'. You mean to place it onto a counter? It will only go on the floor, so I'm not sure what to do. Thanks for your help
Inventor
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Jun 2016 at 8:05 AM
# Could you please add an example of usage to the description

Done. And if it wasn't clear, I've specified that the objects don't have to be
necessarily placed on a counter (it could be a big ass vending machine),
but if they are then you have to make sure that the object is configured
accordingly (I mean with the interactions) for routing reasons, make the
counter dirty (if you choose so) and stuff like that.

# where to find a list with al the recipes we can use

I've updated the description (see MORE INFO and EXAMPLES)

# You could also tell us which animations are best suited to use for small appliances.

Dunno. Try to experiment but don't expect too much from this feature.

# but the toaster can't be placed on a counter

That's weird. I mean to place it in the central slot of the counter, where you'd put a microwave
(actually, it would work also if you put it on the other slots, but for routing reasons it is better
to use the main one). Can you use the Buy/Build mode interactions? Please check again and let me know.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 21st Jun 2016 at 9:29 AM
Wow!!!!!!!!!! As I followed your saying, I made it!!
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-doD7MCul...600/thxlove.jpg
Your explanation is so easy to understand!! Thank you so much!! I'm really really happy!!!! Love!!!!!!!!!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 21st Jun 2016 at 1:37 PM
u know this goes perfect instead of using the quick meal jam and toast for the toaster will the toaster make the store mills toast or scone if i put it in.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 21st Jun 2016 at 6:18 PM
This is an incredible mod. I am looking forward to learning how to use it! Always looking for interesting ways to incorporate food and drinks on lots, especially community lots. Thank you for sharing this!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 21st Jun 2016 at 7:01 PM
I was on sandy and notice she made a nice perfum shop with working bubbles and perfume and nothing for the lotions. (Anyways I always tried to understand the scripting but i do not). I wanted to know how can i put a script into it so it add the buff for a shorter 12h smooth skin u get from the spa
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 21st Jun 2016 at 10:02 PM
When I saw that Simcredible rice cooker 'I had a Dream', *** sings dreams comes true***. Another fabulous mod from our Supermodder. Can't wait to fiddle with this, I'm all tingly from the possibilities, thank you Arsil!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#15 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 3:39 PM
@icemunmun
Icy Spicy
THANKS POST
#16 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 8:09 PM Last edited by icemunmun : 22nd Jun 2016 at 8:31 PM.
Can a mod BE MORE AWESOME!!! *jumping up and down with joy*

Thanks jje1000 for the heads up!

I will post a list of recipe keys for my custom recipes ( in case somebody wants to use them) as soon as I get a bit of time
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 4:14 AM
Cool ;) Great work as always Arsil and thank's for sharing :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 1:16 PM
I love it .Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 24th Jun 2016 at 3:47 PM
Just awesome! Thanx a lot! You always make our game more interesing :-)
Inventor
Original Poster
#20 Old 26th Jun 2016 at 1:00 PM
Here's a footprint for the vending machine I've mentioned in the example used on the mod description,
with this Sims won't pass through the object.

Open the .package file of the vending machine, click on the "Resource" menu, select "Import" and
"From file...", select the file in this attachment (unzip it first), click "OK" on the Resource Details
window (no need to change anything) and then save the package.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  S3_D382BF57_00000000_10404D8E7AC62C15%%+FTPT.footprint.zip (284 Bytes, 211 downloads)
Field Researcher
#21 Old 26th Jun 2016 at 3:22 PM
to make an override u just take out the objk and objd then uses those two to make package?
Inventor
Original Poster
#22 Old 26th Jun 2016 at 5:06 PM Last edited by Arsil : 26th Jun 2016 at 7:59 PM.
Yes, making sure to put the new package in the Overrides folder or anyway a folder with
higher priority than that containing the original package (as defined in Mods/Resource.cfg).

But if you are doing something for your personal use only (without the intent of redistributing
it) then you can modify directly the resources in the original package.
Make a backup first, in case something goes wrong.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 26th Jun 2016 at 7:11 PM Last edited by lataya25 : 27th Jun 2016 at 4:43 PM.
i just did a the rest of the Time to plug with the wok and omelet maker afew crockpots to put the soups looking for a pizza oven for the customs morsel for pizza and u know. But I got mostly OBP customs food so i looking for a countertop pizza oven anyways. I really confused with the renaming of morsel imma try to do it again and see. These are a few overrides i did using the stuff i got in the game. they worked in my game so let me know if they dont work for u guys remember to clean ur scripts.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 4:37 AM
can u make a blender like this that spawns the cows milkshakes with buffs or customs shakes that uses any fruits to make the milkshakes.
Scholar
#25 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 3:35 PM Last edited by desiree101 : 14th Jul 2016 at 12:03 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
# but the toaster can't be placed on a counter

That's weird. I mean to place it in the central slot of the counter, where you'd put a microwave
(actually, it would work also if you put it on the other slots, but for routing reasons it is better
to use the main one). Can you use the Buy/Build mode interactions? Please check again and let me know.

Okay, I can now place the toaster on the counter, not sure what I did before. Yes I can use the Buy/Build mode interactions, I set the 'Peanut and Jelly' recipe, quality, etc. In Live mod I click on the toaster, but nothing happens - no menu or interactions. What is suppose to happen?

Edit: it's okay, I got it working! lol. Thank you for this great mod!
Page 1 of 3