Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Flamingo Motel -No CC

by joandsarah77 Posted 18th Dec 2016 at 8:37 AM - Updated 20th Dec 2016 at 11:06 PM by joandsarah77

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Theorist
THANKS POST
#2 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 9:30 AM
I was the first to get .. woohoo. Thanks Jo. Now lets see how much trouble can be caused .. .teehee.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 4:14 PM
ooooh yes! I had myself a place like this but lost it...so i'll take yours XD
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Dec 2016 at 8:34 AM
Thanks guys, have fun!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
THANKS POST
#5 Old 20th Dec 2016 at 1:37 PM
Thank you for this, it will be very useful
"*This lot is zoned as a hotel, if you wish to edit the lot you will need to use the zoning cheat changelotzoning community save and go to hood view, reload the lot make your changes and change it back with changelotzoning hotel save and you are done."

You can just use the 'boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled false' cheat to edit a hotel.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Dec 2016 at 1:47 PM
I've used that cheat to activate buy and build on a hotel lot when I have had stuck sims but if I am making a permanent change I always change the zoning. Maybe it isn't buggy to open buy and build and make a change on hotel lots but it certainly can be buggy on apartment lots so I prefer to change the zoning. I've never had issues doing that. It's something else people can use though if they want to.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 20th Dec 2016 at 9:39 PM Last edited by maxon : 21st Dec 2016 at 1:28 AM.
Very nice Jo - I think I can make use of that

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Dec 2016 at 9:55 PM
maxon you must be seeing things. Cough. *thanks*

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 20th Dec 2016 at 10:34 PM
Love it, already made a little visit with one of my Romance Sims and his lover, and they approved…
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 21st Dec 2016 at 1:27 AM
@ Jo - so I am

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#11 Old 31st Dec 2016 at 3:53 AM
I like how you created the Flamingo Sign. It's the perfect size and looks great.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 8:48 AM
I've always loved the look of budget motels - is that weird? This is really great :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 1st May 2017 at 4:19 PM
Nice amount of kitsch, I love it. :)
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 3:23 PM
@joandsarah77
This is great as a motel (hotel), but sometimes people live in a motel (for a while at least). Is it ok to change this into apartments? Are there any issues I need to think about before I try that?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 10:19 PM
I think it should work as an apartment. Change to community, swap out the hotel doors and place down a buyable mail box. (or maybe that only shows in residential zoning, can't remember) Swap to apartment doors then change to hotel zoning.

~Call me Jo~