Replies: 7 (Who?), Viewed: 3785 times.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 10:25 PM
Default Script mod - Script isn't reading VFX effects
Hi all!

Yes, another thread! CC seems to really hate me these days.

Anyway, I was working on this bughouse that I wanted to give the Bees VFX effect. I copy/pasted the bones FX in my own package, and edited it's RSLT as well as scripting the mod. But for some reason it isn't working. In fact, it's just functioning like a decor piece.

If you're curious about the script, here it is:



I rippped off most of the coding from the LifeFruit script and replaced it's Class with the bughouse, and replaced some of the VFX coding which is from the Beekeeperhouse script.
I already tried repacing the original RIG with the beekeeper's rig, same with the RSLT andFTPT. I also attached the download here. i'm awared of the weird UV mapping, but this is just a rough conversion without keeping CASTing in mind
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip ts2 to ts3 Bughouse - greenplumbbob.zip (150.5 KB, 3 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#2 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 10:43 PM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 8th Apr 2017 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Oops wrong link!
Update** It's not the RIG, RSLT or FTPT, it seems to be the script. I copy pasted the Beekeeper's script string to my bug house with this tool: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=592332
After that, the bees just appeared. So I guess I seem to be doing something wrong here.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 2:32 PM
I finally got it working! Turns out the script wasn't working properly, or well I didn't copy paste it right. So I decided to write it myself. If anyone wants to give their objects a bee VFX effect, you just want to replace the MLOD/MODLs and there you go!

Here's the script as well, in case someone wanted to add a VFX effect to their download. I would recommend editing the RIG and RSLT if you do so. Or to make it much easier for yourself, clone an object that has the VFX effect already, export it's RIG and RSLT and replace (NOT IMPORT) Those with your download's RSLT and RIG. If these two don't give you the effect, I'd recommend doing the same with the FLPT (Footprint/footsie)

here's the script if you want to modify things:



I would replace the 'mvfxhandlebees' to mvfx or the handle that the object's script uses. And of course replace the ep7beesactive_main to the VFX's name ^-^
Screenshots
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip ts2 to ts3 Bughouse - greenplumbbob (2).zip (150.0 KB, 2 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 3:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenplumbbob
I finally got it working! Turns out the script wasn't working properly, or well I didn't copy paste it right. So I decided to write it myself. If anyone wants to give their objects a bee VFX effect, you just want to replace the MLOD/MODLs and there you go!

Here's the script as well, in case someone wanted to add a VFX effect to their download. I would recommend editing the RIG and RSLT if you do so. Or to make it much easier for yourself, clone an object that has the VFX effect already, export it's RIG and RSLT and replace (NOT IMPORT) Those with your download's RSLT and RIG. If these two don't give you the effect, I'd recommend doing the same with the FLPT (Footprint/footsie)

here's the script if you want to modify things:



I would replace the 'mvfxhandlebees' to mvfx or the handle that the object's script uses. And of course replace the ep7beesactive_main to the VFX's name ^-^

I would be ready to help, but how do you opened "Assembly" resources?
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 7:42 PM
You mean already compressed scripts? Basically you want to get ILspy, and open the DLL files which you probably already exported from the gameplay.package simcore.package and script.package. Whiich if you didn't, I'd take a look at this tutorial: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._Object_Modding (It's right in 'getting started')
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenplumbbob
You mean already compressed scripts? Basically you want to get ILspy, and open the DLL files which you probably already exported from the gameplay.package simcore.package and script.package. Whiich if you didn't, I'd take a look at this tutorial: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._Object_Modding (It's right in 'getting started')

I read, downloaded "Microsoft Visual C # 2008 Express" to links, but the opening of the 'dll' was not successful.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 3:00 PM
Oh no that's the next step! ^- ~ Basically what you wanna do is this:

1. Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
2. In the bin folder, you will see 3 different packages:

- Gameplay.package
- simcore.package
- script.package

3. You want to open them all in S3PE. (Or one by one).
4. In S3PE you see at least 2 to 4 S3SA files.
5. select ONE of them, not all at once
6. Right click on the selected S3SA file and use the 'export DLL'. from the list. Save them in a folder called 'scripts' or whatever you called the folder you want to store them in.
7-ish. Do this with all the S3SA files in your package.

Go to the next package and repeat step 4 till 7! until you've exported all the S3SA files from the Gameplay.package, the simcore.package and the script.package

Now we've exported them! Now you want to get ILspy (latest version should be okay): http://ilspy.net/

8. Go to the folder where you stored all the dll files. It should be showing the ILspy icon on the files. Now you can choose either all of them or just one, then it's just a matter of opening them.

To export a file/decompile them, you wanna do the following steps:

1. Expand one of the sims3.gameplay(Could be sims3.gameplay.system, sims3.gameplay.object, etc.) folder thingies in ILspy. Let's go with sims3.gameplay.objects! (Make sure you opened the sims3.gameplay.objects.dll file)
2. Expand one of the many folders within our sims3.gameplay.objects. Let's say... sims3.gameplay.objects.appliances
3. Now you'll see tons of files. Now it's time to search the file you want to decompile! :D, let's go with 'BaristaBar'. Click that one and it should say 'decompiling/decompile' on the window right next to the huge list with names and stuff.

NOTE! Make sure the icons look like boxes that are connected to each other (Yellow, pink, blue boxes). All the other ones aren't exactly important unless you know what you're doing!

4. Now make sure the BaristaBar file is highlighted in blue and let's go to File (right in the top of ILSpy) and click on it. Then, click on 'Save code'
(For the TL;DR, basically File>Save code...)
5. Now make sure it says '.cs' at the end of it. I think it's okay to rename it though, but I haven't tried that yet.
6. Let's save it! And now you should be able to open it in Visual studio! ^-^
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 3:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenplumbbob
Oh no that's the next step! ^- ~ Basically what you wanna do is this:

1. Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
2. In the bin folder, you will see 3 different packages:

- Gameplay.package
- simcore.package
- script.package

3. You want to open them all in S3PE. (Or one by one).
4. In S3PE you see at least 2 to 4 S3SA files.
5. select ONE of them, not all at once
6. Right click on the selected S3SA file and use the 'export DLL'. from the list. Save them in a folder called 'scripts' or whatever you called the folder you want to store them in.
7-ish. Do this with all the S3SA files in your package.

Go to the next package and repeat step 4 till 7! until you've exported all the S3SA files from the Gameplay.package, the simcore.package and the script.package

Now we've exported them! Now you want to get ILspy (latest version should be okay): http://ilspy.net/

8. Go to the folder where you stored all the dll files. It should be showing the ILspy icon on the files. Now you can choose either all of them or just one, then it's just a matter of opening them.

To export a file/decompile them, you wanna do the following steps:

1. Expand one of the sims3.gameplay(Could be sims3.gameplay.system, sims3.gameplay.object, etc.) folder thingies in ILspy. Let's go with sims3.gameplay.objects! (Make sure you opened the sims3.gameplay.objects.dll file)
2. Expand one of the many folders within our sims3.gameplay.objects. Let's say... sims3.gameplay.objects.appliances
3. Now you'll see tons of files. Now it's time to search the file you want to decompile! :D, let's go with 'BaristaBar'. Click that one and it should say 'decompiling/decompile' on the window right next to the huge list with names and stuff.

NOTE! Make sure the icons look like boxes that are connected to each other (Yellow, pink, blue boxes). All the other ones aren't exactly important unless you know what you're doing!

4. Now make sure the BaristaBar file is highlighted in blue and let's go to File (right in the top of ILSpy) and click on it. Then, click on 'Save code'
(For the TL;DR, basically File>Save code...)
5. Now make sure it says '.cs' at the end of it. I think it's okay to rename it though, but I haven't tried that yet.
6. Let's save it! And now you should be able to open it in Visual studio! ^-^

Thanks! I'll sort it out for now.
Back to top