Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#26 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WaffleFriez57
Pet bunnies! Sims 1 had rabbits that would eat your garden vegetables, but I want real actual pet rabbits. No cats/dogs with just long ears. Bunnies.

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge

Something about budget allocation.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#28 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 12:00 AM
They still don't have enough budget to implant the elavators an animation.... smh.
Theorist
#29 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 9:49 AM
Scat music skill. Light Metal band activity that plays flute, xylophone, ukulele, and castanets.
Forum Resident
#30 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WaffleFriez57
Pet bunnies! Sims 1 had rabbits that would eat your garden vegetables, but I want real actual pet rabbits. No cats/dogs with just long ears. Bunnies.

I'd like to get guinea pigs back. I know it isn't new but since you mentioned rabbits. Although it'd be new if they made them look like actual guinea pigs and not hamsters.
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 9th Jul 2017 at 8:09 AM
I think we will get only cats and dogs in upcoming pet EP. They'll save small pets for GP.
They can fuck everything up by this point. Remeber the squirrel from Outdoor Retreat? Or bird effect? Sims 2 has better, higher poly birds ffs!
Field Researcher
#32 Old 9th Jul 2017 at 8:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
I think we will get only cats and dogs in upcoming pet EP. They'll save small pets for GP.
They can fuck everything up by this point. Remeber the squirrel from Outdoor Retreat? Or bird effect? Sims 2 has better, higher poly birds ffs!

I agree, basically all the small animal effects in TS4 are extremely tragic and embarassing.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#33 Old 9th Jul 2017 at 10:30 AM
Theorist
#34 Old 9th Jul 2017 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by newlibertysims
What type of bird is that, a sneaky wing phoenix?

I believe it is the rare Polyus minimus.

Passeriformes
Corvidae
Polyus
P. minimus
Theorist
#35 Old 9th Jul 2017 at 11:26 PM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 9th Jul 2017 at 11:55 PM.
Using trinomial nomenclature we can identify the above species Polyus minimus niger

But here we can see examples of subspecies P. minimus ruber and P. minimus caeruleus (left to right)
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 1:30 AM
Concerts would be cool. Get all those musicians together and rock out, everybody dance!
Theorist
#37 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 5:58 PM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 10th Jul 2017 at 6:35 PM.
Using trinomial nomenclature we can identify the above species Polyus minimus niger

But here we can see examples of subspecies P. minimus ruber and P. minimus caeruleus (left to right)

Asside from their distinct colour, caeruleus is most easily identified by the opaque webbing on the left wing.

Similarly, ruber can be distinguished by it's lack of complete geometry.

As well as some strange flight behaviour in certain seasons as noted by other researchers.

Most curious however is P. minimus flavus. This subspecies (according to some researchers) possesses the ability to temporarily spawn a second head. Complete with it's own brain and a second set of optical nerves allowing it to remain in constant vigilance whilst feeding, as well as fooling would-be predators.

Additionally, with the presence of a second set of mandibles, as well as a complete esophagus, flavus is capable of taking in calories at twice the rate of other subspecies, which is necessary to facilitate this metabolically exhaustive adaptation.

Science is fun! :D
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#38 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 7:27 PM

Asside from their distinct colour, caeruleus is most easily identified by the opaque webbing on the left wing.

Similarly, ruber can be distinguished by it's lack of complete geometry.

As well as some strange flight behaviour in certain seasons as noted by other researchers.

Most curious however is P. minimus flavus. This subspecies (according to some researchers) possesses the ability to temporarily spawn a second head. Complete with it's own brain and a second set of optical nerves allowing it to remain in constant vigilance whilst feeding, as well as fooling would-be predators.

Additionally, with the presence of a second set of mandibles, as well as a complete esophagus, flavus is capable of taking in calories at twice the rate of other subspecies, which is necessary to facilitate this metabolically exhaustive adaptation.

Science is fun! :D

Cool cool. Now I found another reason why and what I should bitch about to EA. Mind If I copy your comments to the official website, lol?
Theorist
#39 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Cool cool. Now I found another reason why and what I should bitch about to EA. Mind If I copy your comments to the official website, lol?

Go ahead, science should be shared! make sure to include the pics! :D

Make sure to add the original comment with the initial classification, and your original pic as well! Because funnily enough, though I chose the classification initially for the crow, technically all three other birds they have (sort of) modelled are also members of the passiformes order, and blue jays are actually members of the corvidae family itself. xD
Mad Poster
#40 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 9:18 PM
I guess that's why we're only getting Cats & Dogs. Small creatures are too hard to make properly.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#41 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 6:34 AM
Cities: Skylines has free DLC.

Not missing content that should have been in the base game, but actual add-ons. For free. Imagine that.

Uh...Cities: skylines has paid dlc, for snow, that's locked to like...3 maps.
Love the game that I do, je regret.
Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 9:17 AM
I hate that Cities Skylines snow is not done properly. It plays so well into the simulation part... but why is it locked to specific maps?!
That pack feels like some EA decisions.

Speaking of snow... I wonder how EA will do seasons. What simulation impacts and inovations can they make there?
Theorist
#43 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 1:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
Speaking of snow... I wonder how EA will do seasons. What simulation impacts and inovations can they make there?

One thing's for sure, it'll make those cut scenes just thaaaaaaaaat much longer. You know. All 3 cut scenes you need just to visit someone in their apartment and back :D
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#44 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 1:55 PM
Go ahead, science should be shared! make sure to include the pics! :D

Make sure to add the original comment with the initial classification, and your original pic as well! Because funnily enough, though I chose the classification initially for the crow, technically all three other birds they have (sort of) modelled are also members of the passiformes order, and blue jays are actually members of the corvidae family itself. xD

Well, shoot. I have to reedit the post, lol.
Theorist
#45 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 2:04 PM
Well, shoot. I have to reedit the post, lol.

xD well otherwise you miss the point of the joke!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#46 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 2:28 PM
Theorist
#47 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 3:34 PM
Tell me If I missed anything http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...-like-shit-this

;D ayyy, excellent. the only thing I'd change is that in scientific classification, everything written from genus -- in this case Polyus -- downwards is usually italicised, but that's a minor flaw xD

But back on topic, you know what I want to see? Sledding in the winter! You know what we still don't have yet? Hills .-.

You know what else I want? Actual cooking ingredients. How the fuck am I making a strawberry cake with only strawberries?.... Oh wait... It doesn't even use that. That was a mod...

FFS.
Forum Resident
#48 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 6:52 PM
I'm talking about the Pearls from the East and Match Day, which are both free. I'll admit I'm more lenient toward Cities: Skylines than TS4, but only because it's the first Cities: Skylines game. It's not like there was another Cities: Skylines with snow before, so I'm cutting Colossal Order some slack. And they're a much smaller team than Maxis.

Speaking of Cities: Skylines, I really want that game's street name function for the Sims. You simply click on the street, rename it and the game takes care of the rest.

Fair enough.
Neither of them had much impact on my game, other than...waiting for the patch to install itself.
I guess that's what free dlc should be, cool if you want it, unobtrusive if you don't.
Theorist
#49 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Weisskreuz
Fair enough.
Neither of them had much impact on my game, other than...waiting for the patch to install itself.
I guess that's what free dlc should be, cool if you want it, unobtrusive if you don't.

What do you mean you don't like waiting three weeks for modders to update everything so you can get back to playing every time there's a minor patch?! That's the best part!
Scholar
#50 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 12:09 AM
Half decent weddings, for once. Weddings have always been kind of meh in all sims versions (minus the cut scenes, but they were always the same thing repeated over and over). Like, its great that you can assign sims to be pianist, DJ, caterer, but why not friends and relatives who have roles in the wedding party? (Flower girl, ring bearer, best man, maid of honor, etc,) Why not a working "red carpet" so you can walk down the isle? Signing of the documents? That'd be awesome.

More hobbies, traits, skills, and careers. I love TS4 but I would like more careers, more traits per sim (in CAS), more things to learn! MORE MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS. Farming? NO. Gardening sucks and it's boring, there's farmville for that. LOL

Actual lots that can be visited and lived in, on Sixam.

Family reunions. Clubs for family members only.
Page 2 of 7