Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis "Lost & Found" #9: Waterfall & River (neighborhood effect) *UPD 30-APR*

by Numenor Posted 29th Apr 2005 at 10:55 PM - Updated 30th Apr 2005 at 12:08 PM by Numenor : Added "Splash" and "Stream" effects

223 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 205 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 9
Forum Resident
#2 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 11:00 PM
Likes nice thanks for finding it
Test Subject
#3 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 11:02 PM
Great Will you be trying to convert this to a lot item? Or did I miss something in your post? *drool* You know I love your work! Will put this in my game when I restart it and test it out. Thanks again!!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 11:27 PM
Oh man awesome! will definately love this and be using it alot! I love you numenor! Ok I like you :P
Field Researcher
#5 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 11:33 PM
What a find! The waterfall is lovely.

Thank you Numenor.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 11:36 PM
Oh Great and Mighty One -- where should I install it? DOwnloads, or in one of the many other recondite places that riddle the game?
Scholar
#7 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 11:40 PM
Finally! Someone found the Water Fall! I was wondering why there wasn't any ^.^ Thanks
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 11:41 PM
awsome(when was the last time I said that?)
Field Researcher
#9 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 12:42 AM
This looks cool, thanks! :D
Mesh Maestro
#10 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 1:06 AM
Numenor are you a private investigator by any chance? LOL... Another great find...

I also noticed your find on the water tower.. Very cool... Thanks...
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 1:22 AM
Nice work, I love it!!!!! It would be ten times better if it had been for the lots instead of the neighborhood, but oh well. I'm sure someone can make it. Thanks again!!!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 1:51 AM
Once again, you're amazing
Just when I think that everything has been sifted out, you find something new! Great job and thanks for sharing it with us all!!

:elephant:
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 1:57 AM
Thats so awesome! :-)
Instructor
#14 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 1:58 AM
how wierd. i wonder why they left this out? has anyone noticed problems that it causes? anyways cool find.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 2:18 AM
thank you numenor! i'm your #1 fan!!
#16 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 2:28 AM
One word: Expansion. :Slap:
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 3:01 AM
It"s never been lost, always been on Killer Sims Yahoo groups and free, there is a third part where one is given the illusion of foam at the base and a running river. Had since day dot.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 4:41 AM
You are amazing. Thank you so much! This is so wonderful!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 5:10 AM
Thanks! This is great!
Forum Resident
#20 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 5:52 AM
:yippee: oh boy, what a find, thank you so much Numenor.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 7:01 AM
Thank you for finding the Waterfall .. I remember seeing it during introduction time.. then it was no where to be found. I also wonder where that GORGEOUS home they showed during the beginning advertizement for Sims 2 went to. I bought the game just for that house.. but it was not there. Do you guys remember the one I am talking about?? The house on the cliff with the bridge
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 10:19 AM Last edited by Numenor : 30th Apr 2005 at 10:22 AM.
PARROTLEGGS, YOCROSE: The waterfall hasn't a real mesh (only the boulders have one); it's an animation similar to the chimney smoke. I don't know if it can be ported to lots; personally, I'm not able to do it, sorry. Anyway, I remember that Oberkorn had a project for a buyable waterfall, do a little research on the forum (including the archives).

TABBYSGRANHAG: Put the package in the download folder.

JOE_DEBOCK: I didn't know that KillerSims had done it yet, I only accepted a request by Stimy in the Water Tower thread. Anyway, I followed your directions and I searched the waterfall on KillerSims YahooGroup and I couldn't find it; finally, I found it in a reserved area of the main KillerSims.com site (to access whom I had to use an idiot password that is very unkind to our beloved admin Loverat :mean: ). And I discovered that the solution KillerSims used was to replace an entire sistem archive with a custom one! I'll never suggest to do such a thing if only it's possible to find alternative, more "friendly" way to mod the game (you will notice that my package is to be put in the download folder: remove it and the game will rever to original; simple and "clean"). Anyway, you're right: credits should be given to KillerSims for being the first to realize that the waterfall could be brought back to the catalog, but more important, credits should be given to Maxis for having created the Waterfall itself. Don't you agree?
Thanks for letting me know that there is a third object in the Waterfall "set": I'll try and find it, and include it in the package.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
#23 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 1:22 PM
Thank you Numenor for such a beautiful discovery.

MMMMUAKKKKK!
Forum Resident
#24 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 1:50 PM
This is great I cant wait to use it!
Instructor
#25 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 2:13 PM
I've had the Killersims files for a while now. I must say their site is very obtuse about accessing the downloads and it's not at all easy to find. I think most people would give up. :p

Anyway, I prefer this method over altering the game files so I'll now use this one instead.
Page 1 of 9