Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 7:12 PM
Default How to prevent all taxis from spawning?
For reference, I mean ALL taxis. Not just the regular ones, but the LN "ghost" ones too.
They're an anachronism in the world I'm playing in, they're about 25 years too new. Now I'd love to keep the taxis, but I'd need a vehicle model that doesn't exist. So I'll just have to ban them entirely.
Problem is, NRaas Traffic hasn't been of any help.

How would I go about doing this?
Thanks

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 8:04 PM
When I use NRaas Traffic, ghost taxis spawn in worlds that aren't 'cities' (every world I play outside of Bridgeport). If I remove traffic, the ghost taxis don't spawn.
Setting the taxi (ghost) delta to -500 helps, but you have to flush them a few times with Master Controller-object stats-not inventory (ghost taxis are near the bottom) before there's a noticeable difference. I don't recall how that 'delta' reads in Traffic, I don't have it installed at the moment.

With Shimrod101's Visiting Sims, Perfect car mod, Sims will use their own vehicles 100% of the time rather than taxis or limos. But if you don't want daily visits, I don't know how to get around that. Teens going to school use taxis and I for one wish that we could put an end to that and make them drive, take the bus, bike, or walk.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 8:08 PM
I don't know how the ghost delta setting works, but I have the regular one set to minus a million.
As for the teens, they always uses the school buses on my end. If it were a problem, I'd just get rid of the teens.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
#4 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 8:18 PM
Non-active teens use the school bus? Gawd, they all take taxis in my games, and I hate that.

The traffic delta I mentioned is probably the one you set to minus a million.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 8:22 PM
So now it's just a matter of deleting all the taxis through MasterController?

insert signature here
Field Researcher
#6 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 10:13 PM
The 'ghost' taxis can be found in MC > Town > Object Stats > Not Inventory (IIRC). The ghosts are called Taxi Lite, or Lite Taxi (something like that). The list of objects should be in alpha order by default, vehicles are near the bottom. Flush them, flush them all.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 11:10 PM
I will add that "minus a million" might be too negative a number for the Traffic mod to work with properly and it could possibly be ignoring it. A more reasonable delta value there would be -500 or -1000. The fake ambiance taxi effect is supposed to be a function of how may highrise shells you have in your world. If you have lots of them, a more negative delta number (up to a point) would be required to compensate for that. If you have no highrises at all, then even 0 should work.
Theorist
#8 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 11:37 PM
Isnt there also the gohere method to stop active sims taking taxis?
I think its Gohere > Routing > Allow taxis > False

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Isnt there also the gohere method to stop active sims taking taxis?
I think its Gohere > Routing > Allow taxis > False

Uhh...no? I mean, are you sure about that?

There is a Routing menu on Traffic, but the entry that concerns taxis has to do with whether the game will be allowed to hand out free cheap cars to inactives who don't have one or can't figure out where they've left it and if set appropriately will force them to use taxis instead.

As far as GoHere is concerned, I believe that a taxi is just another vehicle subject to whether Car Routing is allowed in the world or not.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 12:32 AM
I've been able to get rid of the regular buyable cars (the anachronistic ones at least) perfectly fine, but couldn't find the taxis under MC > Town > Object Stats > Not Inventory.

insert signature here
Field Researcher
#11 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 9:08 AM
Is it possible that none of them had spawned in town at the time you checked? Or your traffic delta (negative number) kicked in and was doing its thing by keeping them off the streets. I see a lot of them when I start a new game, then my settings take over and that keeps them out of town.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 12:58 AM
Different thought: if I made a default replacement for th taxi model, modifying the mesh to make it look boxier, do you guys reckon that would fool anyone? I've modified a car mesh before but it wasn't the greatest success I've ever had.

Obviously it'd have to pass for this:

It just has to. This city will not be what I need it to be until there's big boxy cabs all over the place. Well it's either that or coating everything in a thick layer of graffiti, but at least I've got options there.

insert signature here
Scholar
#13 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 7:24 PM
Try GTA mod sites for a car model that may be similar, convert it to .obj, after that it's just a case of scaling the mesh to be more in line with TS3's scaling, assign joints and retexture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Qahne
Try GTA mod sites for a car model that may be similar, convert it to .obj, after that it's just a case of scaling the mesh to be more in line with TS3's scaling, assign joints and retexture.

No way it can be that easy, right? Joints, I assume, would mean wheels here? Hell, with these rims I might as well skip that and not look too closely.

insert signature here
Scholar
#15 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 1:09 AM
It should be that easy - modding that kind of thing is more tedious than it is difficult. Re-aligning joints so the wheels line up and spin around the axle is easy, getting it so it looks perfect is very trial and error. Likewise for moving slots so sims sit nicely. But if your car mesh has the dimensions as a TS3 one (notable seat and wheel position), you should be fine just replacing mesh and textures. Actually, take a look at Fresh-Prince's site, he may have converted a similar car already, and you'd just need to copy/pasta the taxi roof sign onto it. Ask him before sharing, though.

Alternatively, wouldn't the Big Lemon work for that purpose?

You could very easily tweak the mesh to look a bit more like your cab (I can already see the roofline needs lowering, the headlights made more narrow, the body needs to be higher off the ground, rims need to be smaller/tyres fatter, and of course add in the roof sign - seems a lot, but honestly it'd take less than an hour start to finish), and it would require zero tedious editing of slots and bones, while also not standing out like a sore thumb, like a lot of custom cars do. You're gonna see this car a lot, so make sure it blends in well.

Quote:
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 2:11 PM
I know for sure that Fresh-Prince doesn't have anything, because I'd already have it in my game if he did.
But I guess doing that is possible. I'd use Blender, obviously, but I get errors when trying to import or export SIMGEOM files. How would I solve that?

insert signature here
Site Helper
#17 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 4:18 PM
Didn't A (atavera) make plugins for Blender that solve that?

Edit: OOPS, it was Cmomoney I was thinking of. http://modthesims.info/d/433882
(And sorry, Cmomoney. )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 4:39 PM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 30th Oct 2017 at 4:49 PM.
Installed it, still getting those errors. But uh, what do MLODs and MODLs have to do with TS3, and what's a S3M2B even?
I don't get why these tools can't just work. S3PE works, Milkshape works. Everything else doesn't. At all.

insert signature here
Site Helper
#19 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 5:05 PM
Not that I'm an expert here, but I guess the first question would be "which version of Blender are you using?"
I remember from discussions at Simlogical that it makes a difference. If your copy of Blender is too new, it might make a difference.

I don't remember exactly what MLOD and MODL mean, but IIRC they are referring to the mesh and the detail levels of it.
I'm even less sure about this one, but I believe s3m2b is "Blenderese" for "Sims 3 Mesh to Blender" since it needs to be able to recognize it as something it knows how to work with.

And I am already slightly out of my depth here, so I hope someone who actually knows more about it will come and take over.

EDIT to add
http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...te/uploads/830/ contains a tutorial on creating a Sims 3 object. If you know how to use the meshing programs, it might help you get started on this project. Good luck.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 5:10 PM
I use 2.78 by default, though the plugin you linked has now FUBARed that install, but I also have 2.70a and 2.63 for compatability reasons. Haven't been able to make either work with SIMGEOMs.

insert signature here
Scholar
#21 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 5:12 PM
I use Milkshape for basic push / pull editing like this, much less hassle.

Quote:

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 5:29 PM
Same, but Milkshape isn't really up to anything beyond pushing around polygons. I would never use it to add new geometry (mostly because I don't know how), and editing curves without proportional editing and other advanced tools is nigh impossible.
I've been using Milkshape to change the fit and size of various CAS items and even that is near impossible. I've noticed that women's clothing in TS3 is really narrow and proportioned oddly. I've tried my best but everything I've Milkshaped has come out looking worse, albeit in different ways.

insert signature here