Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 1:15 PM
Default Favorite gameplay enhancing hacks/mods ?
Share your thoughts
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#2 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 4:05 PM
I wouldn't be the same without Simblender. That is my one true love of a mod.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 4:16 PM
If I could only have one, it would be the hacked mailbox by Corrigan. Truthfully, I love so many, though, simblender, imsem, larger family, closer family,so many wonderful, wonderful mods.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 4:19 PM
ACR. I love playing matchmaker/geneticist and this just adds so much flavor and variety to those aspects of the game. It takes some of the control out of my hands and creates interesting new couples that I wouldn't have put together, thusly creating unique offspring.**

(*Except when three-bolter couples neglect their screaming baby for a 4th session on the couch in a row, or when somebody is hellbent on Sandy Bruty to the exclusion of all others, or when I have to watch married couples like a hawk when someone a spouse is very attracted to is present otherwise the heat of the moment takes over and they start making out in front of their partner, or... )
Forum Resident
#5 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 4:55 PM
the pets and children share a bed mod u v u <3
Field Researcher
#6 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
I wouldn't be the same without Simblender. That is my one true love of a mod.

Simblender 4ever and ever. I pop that mofo down first thing with every new family. It is so useful, especially for running a pregnancy scanner when my sims take it upon themselves to autonomously conceive.

Edit: I'm also guilty of using the plastic surgery feature more than I wish that I would. I'm playing the Beginning of Veronaville right now, with all of the ancestors extracted and cloned, and some of them... It's rough.
Instructor
#7 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 5:43 PM
TwoJeff's same-sex marriage and pregnancy and have a baby want enabled for same sex couple, because The Sims 2 should have been moved along with 21st century.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Mad Poster
#8 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fluorescentadolescent
Simblender 4ever and ever. I pop that mofo down first thing with every new family. It is so useful, especially for running a pregnancy scanner when my sims take it upon themselves to autonomously conceive.

Edit: I'm also guilty of using the plastic surgery feature more than I wish that I would. I'm playing the Beginning of Veronaville right now, with all of the ancestors extracted and cloned, and some of them... It's rough.

In my old Monopoly hood, I will confess I pulled that plastic surgery thing out on the Fugly's. Normally I can take, but there were a lot of them in that family, and they were just so ......fugly. After awhile, I kind of couldn't stand it anymore.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Field Researcher
#9 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 5:56 PM
This may be slightly off-topic since it's they're food objects, but I practically consider the Open-Faced Sandwiches (Part of a set of downloads) an essential mod to the point I sometimes avoid buying a kitchen cooking implement (stove, microwave, or even the toaster oven) until the Sims in the house have at least three cooking points. They can now make multiple kinds of sandwiches! Any time of the day or night! Nothing to "cook" so no chance of burning the house down!
Scholar
#10 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 6:33 PM
Inteen. My BaCC has military service during the second half of the teen stage, which provides labour for building houses (Sims can only move in if there's a house or hostel room ready for them) and gives the teen the chance to earn some money. The day before the teen becomes adult, he or she can choose to go to college, stay on as a construction worker, or move to downtown to follow a career of their own choice.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 9:36 PM
Probably top of my list would be the Simlogical School System because so much can be done with it. The Institution sign is such a staple in my game allowing my sims to both have jobs but the freedom to be where they need to be. That might be at their home business, sick leave, parenting leave, on another lot selectable such as gardening or cleaning or something. With the sign there is no warning pop up about X missed work! It might be their job next! Then the school part itself changes the game significantly since I don't have to send any child/teen off on a game generated rabbit hole unless I want to. I can play any kind of school that I want.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 9:50 PM
Theo's mods for enabling alien eyes and skin in CAS and for townies. Also Atavera's opening window mod and the CEP.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 10:15 PM
Besides the bat box and Lot Sync Timer, I refuse to live without ChristianLov's Sim Control mirror that lets you 'guide' pixels as to the things they do, career things and other things. I tried, really tried once to do it-and failed.
From here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=288291

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Theorist
#14 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
TwoJeff's same-sex marriage and pregnancy and have a baby want enabled for same sex couple, because The Sims 2 should have been moved along with 21st century.

^This. There is no reason at all why a same sex marriage should count less than a heterosexual one or an adopted child should count less than a birthed one.

And yeah the anti-corruption and anti annoyance mods. Aside from that I'm pretty reluctant to have many mods that add gameplay. Stuff like inteen and ACR would never get within a mile of my installation. They're just not my thing.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 11:21 PM
A No Fire mod since I was in a house fire in 2012. I have enough ptsd issues without the game adding to it, so when I saw that mod it was a life-saver! And a game-saver for me.

Of course the anti-corruption mods, batbox, sim manipulator, insim, ACR, Same-sex marriage/pregnancy/have a baby want.

I have lot more mods though, there are so many awesome ones

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#16 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 11:28 PM
MogHughson's Postal System, custom toddler toys (especially the ones from sim2me), of course the Sim Blender but also the Sim Manipulator as both have some unique features and I find I really need both to be happy, the same sex marriage and adoption mods mentioned above, Cyjon's Less Jealousy because it allows working polyamory, and Cyjon's Bisexual Influence Fix because it allows my sims to be truly bi.
Alchemist
#17 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 11:35 PM
The ones that have added the most to my game are ACR and the teleporter cat. ACR for clear reasons, and the cat because it allowed me to simulate visits from other Sims and joint custody (using the move in feature) for parents.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#18 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 12:49 AM
Well I love all my Mods, but I think the top of my list is creator Monique "Child Support" perfect for my good for nothing Romance Sims, that seem to love to spread their DNA around the town.
Next is my "Banking mods", and I can NOT do without Merola Painting or Mirror ( for Control ). Gee there are so many I can not do without .lol It would take a day to list them all.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#19 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 1:22 AM
Although I will stand up right now and say that the best mods lately have been the ones that enhance the visuals-the skies, the globes, the clouds that have been made to make the game look so much more realistic and beautiful. They are probably some of the best things I've seen in a very very long time.

Never again will we have to look at that blue background.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#20 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 2:28 AM
The batbox, the teleporter cat, Children Stay Later, the fixed changing table, bigger parties.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#21 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 3:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
the fixed changing table

What's the fixed changing table?
Field Researcher
#22 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 5:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
What's the fixed changing table?

I think it might be Squinge's autonomous diaper change mod, which allows autonomous diaper changing and visitor-enabled diaper changing. Unfortunately isn't compatible with nobabyharassment and doesn't work on the FreeTime changing table, though.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 6:31 AM
But I don't use No Baby Harassment. It would be nice if somebody managed to enable more than one changing station to use it, but even one is better than having only broken ones.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#24 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
^This. There is no reason at all why a same sex marriage should count less than a heterosexual one or an adopted child should count less than a birthed one.

I cannot even believe I didn't have the have a baby want enabler for ss couples - although to be fair, I might have thought I had it since I swear I'd seen at least one same-sex couple roll wants to have a child together. I probably lost it in all my restarts, but I'm getting it now. Google is my friend.

EDIT to answer the question and add that I do have the adoption satisfies 'have a baby' want mod because it's wonderful.

I think ACR, InTeen and my age mod are the three I won't start the game without. If I can also add the anti-corruption suite, then I'd like to add those in too. I despise breeding my sims like cattle - I want them to choose each other, choose wrong, have babies, mess up, have more babies, have 'em too young, and too old, and fall in mad passionate love while they're elders. Makes me feel like there's hope for 'em (and ultimately, for myself too).
Mad Poster
#25 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 3:21 PM
To be honest, I have a small number of mods compared to most, so, apart from the essential ones, I like all those that I have decided to keep. So aside from the essential ones and those which fix (my personal) annoyances:

Favourites? Community lot skilling - changed my game in a big way. ACR - lots of fun (and surprises) . Romancemod - just works for me. And I really like that beer keg too
Page 1 of 2