Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 2:05 PM
Default Question About Nraas Mods
Now that Wikispaces is closing, were will nraas mods will be hosted?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 4:03 PM
I guess we'll be homeless strays. Would any of you like to take us in? We do tend to eat a lot, some of us might snore a bit in our sleep in case those are deciding factors.

Our version of Wikispaces isn't shutting down until Sept 2018. We already had plans to move to a website of our own before then and it's already designed and in testing mode. The impending shutdown of Wikispaces just speeds up the transition a bit.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 4:07 PM
Great to hear that Nraas is sticking around for a while.

I hope the new site has a full forum for development progress and ideas.
Inventor
#4 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 2:27 AM Last edited by douglasveiga : 13th Feb 2018 at 2:42 AM.
For me, that wikispace is like Twallan's memorial. Almost four years without him among us.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 2:54 AM
I'd really hate to not have NRaas Mods available anymore as my game would break down into an unplayale nightmare without them like it once did before adding those Mods.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
For me, that wikispace is like Twallan's memorial. Almost four years without him among us.

Four years, one month, and eight days to be precise. We still miss him too and hope he is very happy with whatever he is up to these days and what he must have learned from the entire NRaas experience that he created.
Site Helper
#7 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 1:19 PM
But if you think about the history of NRAAS, it is highly appropriate that the wanderers will need to move again. Sad, but appropriate.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 9:51 PM
If you want, I'm sure there are members of the community out there that are happy to archive copies of the mods at their own expense on, say, Google Drive or Mediafire for many more generations to come.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 1:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by k6ka
If you want, I'm sure there are members of the community out there that are happy to archive copies of the mods at their own expense on, say, Google Drive or Mediafire for many more generations to come.

Offers of assistance are very much appreciated but there is no need to panic. We have everything covered and plenty of time to move the site. This was being worked on some time ago before the Wikispaces announcement.

Chain_Reaction's post over at NRaas:
Quote:
Nothing is going to be lost. Please do not save these mods or the contents of this site and offer them elsewhere. That's a good way to anger both me and twallan. We will announce more when we are ready.

I will add to that having the mods and documents pages stored in various locations would become confusing once everything is moved as there will be updates to facilitate access in a different environment as well as other changes at the new site that others would not see if they are using files stored in other venues.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 6:18 PM
When is "NRAAS Chemistry" coming out?

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 6:25 PM Last edited by igazor : 15th Feb 2018 at 6:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
When is "NRAAS Chemistry" coming out?

Could be next week. Could be some time in 2022. Most likely some point in between.

But the exact answer is, "When it's ready. Not one moment sooner."
Mad Poster
#12 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 7:28 PM
Well that's that I guess. At least it won't be joining the ever-growing collection of dead links, retired modders, and expired domains. Now as with all NRaas mods, I have no idea what Chemistry is, because apparently no one ever thought of adding mod descriptions to those download pages - leading me to having to deduce the mod's purpose from the tons of other, useless crap written below it - but I'm interested.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#13 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 11:16 PM Last edited by igazor : 16th Feb 2018 at 12:58 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Well that's that I guess. At least it won't be joining the ever-growing collection of dead links, retired modders, and expired domains. Now as with all NRaas mods, I have no idea what Chemistry is, because apparently no one ever thought of adding mod descriptions to those download pages - leading me to having to deduce the mod's purpose from the tons of other, useless crap written below it - but I'm interested.

Chemistry isn't even in alpha testing yet; we have had small portions of it available for pre-alpha stress tests thus far, for a few weeks at a time, but there is nothing to see right now. You want a formal public description of a mod that doesn't yet exist? Sure, we'll get right on that.

I'm sorry that you don't like the mod descriptions on the download pages, but I can assure you that the mods (that is, the ones that exist) do each actually have one.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
You want a formal public description of a mod that doesn't yet exist? Sure, we'll get right on that.

I mean, I imagine you have plans for what the mod is actually going to do before you start on it. What is it for, what is its purpose.....people don't work on projects without knowing what they're making. The whole idea is that you can explain the premise of it, or a rough outline of the premise, to the end user even before you've started actually developing it. I'm not saying that these things aren't there on the current website, but I've never been able to find them without having to muck about with the page for about 15 seconds first.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#15 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 12:47 AM
I mean, I imagine you have plans for what the mod is actually going to do before you start on it. What is it for, what is its purpose.....people don't work on projects without knowing what they're making. The whole idea is that you can explain the premise of it, or a rough outline of the premise, to the end user even before you've started actually developing it. I'm not saying that these things aren't there on the current website, but I've never been able to find them without having to muck about with the page for about 15 seconds first.

http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...758#post5238758

The last time you and I had this discussion, earlier up in that same thread, you ended up telling me that there hasn't been any mod development at NRaas for four years. And then a bit later on, interestingly enough, ended up presenting a script log that indicated many of your NRaas mods were outdated.

It's perfectly okay to not be a fully engaged, avidly following the conversations as they happen NRaas member while still being a mod user. Of course not everyone is going to be interested enough to follow along that closely or join in on the fun. But at this level of disengagement, let me put it this way, and it doesn't apply to everyone else. We will tell you what you need to know when you need to know it and then we will tell you how much you like it. That should save us all some time, or at least help you get some of those wasted 15 seconds back.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 1:03 AM

I was involved in the stress testing and the Developer provided all we needed to know to begin testing. There was a direct dialog of what to test, how and what the desired results were. At these early stages there is no need to document everything to the general community, there is no end user at this point. There is nothing concrete to offer up.

It's a wonder developers/modders reading comments such as yours don't just scrap their projects. And sorry you have to spend 15 seconds mucking around. We'll see if we can get that down to 10 seconds.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
It's a wonder developers/modders reading comments such as yours don't just scrap their projects. And sorry you have to spend 15 seconds mucking around. We'll see if we can get that down to 10 seconds.

I've worked on projects. Websites, databases, a system-wide patch pushed out to 3000 utterly clueless employees. Nothing super substantial, but more than enough to know that people are fucking idiots. So this is the first, the very very first and most essential step in preventing people from pissing and moaning. Making sure that everyone understands what it is you're doing. No we're not ripping you off and slacking, we're taking extra time to make sure your stupid website doesn't crap itself when you open it on a specific Android phone. No we're not coming to steal all your documents, we're here to increase your workflow by 40% god dammit. It's called a multi monitor setup. Now get out of my way and let me throw away all these documents you should've saved before it was too late.

And for me it's just extra important because I'm a massive idiot myself. So I know what it's like to be clueless and confused but also DEFINITELY outraged for no real reason.
Anyway there's good reasons I stopped doing all that - I much prefer the designer side of things where YOU make it look nice and easy to use while someone else has to do all the actual effort.

insert signature here
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 2:19 AM
Thank you for your clarification Grijze and happy Simming
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#19 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 12:15 PM
Now as with all NRaas mods, I have no idea what Chemistry is, because apparently no one ever thought of adding mod descriptions to those download pages

All of the NRaas suite have full documentation. All you have to do is spend 15 seconds reading it!
Scholar
#20 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 1:50 PM Last edited by Nemiga : 16th Feb 2018 at 2:50 PM.
As far I understand, Chemistry going to be attraction system with filters for ts3, right? Sounds cool since EA's sucks so hard. I'm tired of those naughty grannies, that serducing my young manwhores
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 2:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nemiga
As far I understand, Chemistry going to be attraction system with filters for ts3, right? Sounds cool since EA's sucks so hard. I'm tired of those naughty grannies, that serduces my young manwhores

Hi Nemiga - You are correct. It will be similar to the one in S2. Chain needs to dig through EA's spagetti code to determine what to build from & impact to other S3 features etc. That as well as other enhancements will probably be slow coming for now as he is working on a new server for the NRaas site.

Re your naughty grannies. There is a way to keep them out of trouble using a SP caste if you are interested in stopping it sooner rather than later.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 2:58 PM
I read the part about Sims being attracted to hair colors within a certain range now instead of one specific preset like in TS2. I've always thought something like that could be interesting. A bit shallow, maybe, but interesting from a technical standpoint as well as a gameplay one. Most people aren't only attracted to specific hair colors. I have a friend who is 100%, positively, certain that she will never be attracted to any blondes, and I guess that's her perogative but most of us, I bet, aren't so naive.
Nevertheless, the potential for this mod is pretty big. I don't like how any Sim will just easily crush on any other Sim. I don't buy that. My Sims are picky. And I don't like how every woman in Bridgeport aged YA and up has the hots for Amber. Ignoring the fact that most of them are certainly straight, I also can't imagine that everyone would be attracted to someone even if that person is good-looking and rich.

insert signature here
Scholar
#23 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Hi Nemiga - You are correct. It will be similar to the one in S2. Chain needs to dig through EA's spagetti code to determine what to build from & impact to other S3 features etc. That as well as other enhancements will probably be slow coming for now as he is working on a new server for the NRaas site.

Re your naughty grannies. There is a way to keep them out of trouble using a SP caste if you are interested in stopping it sooner rather than later.

Ahh, I forgot that there is possible to manage romance through caste system..Thanks About chemistry thing - will it be included in MC or it goes as another master controller module. I know this may too early to ask, since mod is in alpha phase....
Mad Poster
#24 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nemiga
Ahh, I forgot that there is possible to manage romance through caste system..Thanks About chemistry thing - will it be included in MC or it goes as another master controller module. I know this may too early to ask, since mod is in alpha phase....

NRaas Chemistry will be a different, standalone mod. It may even have add-on modules of its own. That's subject to change of course, but it most certainly will not be a part of MasterController. I guess StoryProgression could have theoretically been a viable choice to build it out from, but SP has more than enough to do already and we're always trying to lighten that ones load rather than add to it.
Scholar
#25 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
NRaas Chemistry will be a different, standalone mod. It may even have add-on modules of its own. That's subject to change of course, but it most certainly will not be a part of MasterController. I guess StoryProgression could have theoretically been a viable choice to build it out from, but SP has more than enough to do already and we're always trying to lighten that ones load rather than add to it.

I see. I thought that may be in MC because first notes about chemistry was in master controller topic.
This even better, cuz if something goes wrong it would be easy to remove.
Page 1 of 2