Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 9:05 PM
Default What are you making for the Adventure theme?
What are you making for the adventure theme?

I haven't a clue lol. Suggestions welcome! :p
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 9:13 PM
I would love to create stuff for this theme...but I just have NO idea what fits in it...Would it be too much to ask to elaborate on what exactly is the theme about? Adventure ok...but for TS2, I am very lost. halp?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#3 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I would love to create stuff for this theme...but I just have NO idea what fits in it...Would it be too much to ask to elaborate on what exactly is the theme about? Adventure ok...but for TS2, I am very lost. halp?

maybe make a castaway beach?

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 9:24 PM
Well adventure AND travel

so it can be vacation related. I realize the adventure part is more sims 3/sims 4 but that doesn't mean that we can't make adventure stuff.

I have wondered about making an alien destination/items for space (we do have aliens after all!)

Vacation lots/outer space lots/adventure style ones. Mayan temples maybe?

Sims based on adventurers(indiana jones, star trek crew, etc.)

new tents, new hotels, new mods around vacations

new objects to find while digging for treasure.

Jungle themes, tropical beach themes, 7 wonders of the world style stuff. Heck, an igloo tent would be awesome!

I am trying to figure out how to tie toddlers into this since they are usually my main focus.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 9:39 PM
I was thinking of shiny new cleaning products, as cleaning up my house is quite the adventure, but I don't think it'd qualified...
But seriously, thanks for explaining to me a bit more.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 10:04 PM
I am going to try my hand at recolouring a jungle nursery. :D

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 10:04 PM
I'm...probably going to make more greeting cards. Travel/vacation themed ones, since I've already got some of those started. I'm starting to feel like a one-trick pony tho.
Link Ninja
#8 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 10:45 PM
My build for Wanderlust fits perfectly into this theme but it has SO much CC. Loading lots with tons of CC is always kind of daunting :/

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 11:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars

*snip*
I am trying to figure out how to tie toddlers into this since they are usually my main focus.

Toddler logic pyramid?
Dino dig for kids (science)?
...I know, silly.

I have no clue what I will do either.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 5:28 AM
Working on some ideas... Will see
Scholar
#11 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 9:34 AM
i might make a hotel

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 1:41 PM
Possibly a tomb...

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 3:07 PM
While I probably won't submit it here, it's a theme that sounds good for a lot of ideas. Maybe a catacomb, maybe a theme park? Adventure themed, of course.

Slowly moving steps into basic TS2 modding.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 4:00 PM
beginning to formulate plans....

I wonder how much I can make this month.. LOL
Mad Poster
#15 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 6:25 PM

You know you've been creating too much when....

Mad Poster
#16 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 6:48 PM
I like the theme, but am not sure that I will make something - RL is a bit in a mess right now (it is raining a lot - rainy season here - while they are trying to paint the outside of my house. One wall done in 5 weeks The grass is starting to look like tiny trees and the electricity stops working at times due to things getting wet). I will think about the possibilities, though!
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 6:54 PM
beginning to formulate plans....

It's OK, you have two months. Just space them out. Haha!
Mad Poster
#18 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 7:01 PM
By the way, @Goldenbtrfly, I really miss you at the Fermented Fruit Juice Bar
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
By the way, @Goldenbtrfly, I really miss you at the Fermented Fruit Juice Bar

Oh man was that fun! You're the master though!
Truth be told, I'm still a little salty from the last contest. So yeah, I'm on holiday from going anywhere near there right now.

I have to try and get a working idea for the theme... and if I can't build then I need to learn/do something new.
Does living at 4 Tightwad Street count as an adventure?! (totally kidding)
Mad Poster
#20 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 7:55 PM
A new RL computer. (so I can actually make a virtual location (got a few ideas, we'll see) for the game.)

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 7:59 PM
That is good news, Zar - I am looking forward to see what you are coming up with
Field Researcher
#22 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 9:19 PM
I wonder, it is possible to realize in Sims 2 with mods tombs, temples? As in Sims 3 or as in Sims 4?
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 9:36 PM
"cough" well we are hoping... 3 of us are going to ATTEMPT that. no promises
Mad Poster
#24 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 9:38 PM
I don't know! :-( More greetings cards? Posters? Travel book recolours? Recolours of Keoni's Travel Agency?

Or I could try something a bit different, perhaps? A lot? An adventure-themed theme park? Some kind of vacation lot? An entire vacation destination?

I would love to see more Egyptian stuff for TS2, as well as jungle and/or dinosaur stuff, but the stuff that I would really like sadly isn't stuff which I could make!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 10:11 PM Last edited by Liza : 2nd Mar 2018 at 10:21 PM.
Theoretically, it is possible to create a temple like in Sims 4. Create traps from Sims 3, create something new. For example, a code lock. If the character does not recognize or guess the code, then it can be struck by a current, ignited with gas - to death. But there is one problem - how to hide the size of the temple? Because:

Quote:
The player is already immediately at the entrance to the temple knows its structure and size, and because of this, player lost feeling of suspense.

It is possible to hide what is inside the temple room, as the developers hid the rooms in dorm or apartments. But I do not see an example of how to hide the room itself.
Page 1 of 2