Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 9:29 AM
Default Create Custom Heads
Hi!
I was getting an idea, what if I can create custom anime heads for Sims 3?
Like if I want do a custom Vocaloid character head-mesh,(Although, I have been testing this before.)
But the only problem I encountered was the eyelids!
They won´t blink when showing animations in TSRW, how do I solve that?
The eyeballs though, is working just fine!
If I plan to do this I will recategorize the head mesh as not for random and hidden in cas.
Any Ideas?
Thank you!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 2nd May 2018 at 6:13 AM
Hmm, wouldn't it just be a lot easier to use sliders to create anime heads? I don't know anything about 3d modeling as i'm slowly learning bit by bit so i'm not much help in that compartment.

Sorry I read it the wrong way,could you show me some examples of the custom head mesh that you had created, I might be able to figure what's the eye animations?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 5:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
Hmm, wouldn't it just be a lot easier to use sliders to create anime heads? I don't know anything about 3d modeling as i'm slowly learning bit by bit so i'm not much help in that compartment.

Sorry I read it the wrong way,could you show me some examples of the custom head mesh that you had created, I might be able to figure what's the eye animations?
Hi! Sorry to not have been replying to you, have been busy with life... Anyway, I don´t have some of the files anymore(because I get bored easily.) What I mean with Custom Heads is by making an anime 3D-model instead of the default sim-character. I have been looking at if this is doable,and well, sort of.
We have a Base-Game Female Child Hairmesh that has 13 meshgroups, and I thought, why not use this as a reference mesh?
And also, we have the Grimreaper mesh that doesn´t come with head nor feet!
Because we can max have 60 bones i n a group, else it will "explode"!
Maybe I can combine these meshes the get this unique combination of an Anime Character Mesh with S3PE.
In sort, I want to replace the sim body with a custom body model.
But, as said before, I really hope I can fix the the eyelids in the mesh.
Because I have done this before and I saw to my luck that actually, the eyes and mouth where moving as they should almost!
(but she couldn´t blink though...)
The problem is, when I scale down these meshes to sim-size, there's not proportionally blending together in face height for example.
The anime faces is placed lower on the head.
And is hard to assign bones then, but I think it´s doable as said before.
Phew...! I hope You will understand what I mean here!
Thank you for answering me, and thank you in advanced!
Scholar
#4 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kagamine Rin
Hi! Sorry to not have been replying to you, have been busy with life... Anyway, I don´t have some of the files anymore(because I get bored easily.) What I mean with Custom Heads is by making an anime 3D-model instead of the default sim-character. I have been looking at if this is doable,and well, sort of.
We have a Base-Game Female Child Hairmesh that has 13 meshgroups, and I thought, why not use this as a reference mesh?
And also, we have the Grimreaper mesh that doesn´t come with head nor feet!
Because we can max have 60 bones i n a group, else it will "explode"!
Maybe I can combine these meshes the get this unique combination of an Anime Character Mesh with S3PE.
In sort, I want to replace the sim body with a custom body model.
But, as said before, I really hope I can fix the the eyelids in the mesh.
Because I have done this before and I saw to my luck that actually, the eyes and mouth where moving as they should almost!
(but she couldn´t blink though...)
The problem is, when I scale down these meshes to sim-size, there's not proportionally blending together in face height for example.
The anime faces is placed lower on the head.
And is hard to assign bones then, but I think it´s doable as said before.
Phew...! I hope You will understand what I mean here!
Thank you for answering me, and thank you in advanced!

Could you show me pictures of things that had gone wrong in your project?