Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 12:18 AM
Default Stuff I want in Sims 4
I just got Sims 3 seasons (just got back into it because I find it is better then 2 especially installing all those 2 packs takes hours more then 3! I want to be into 4 again becasue I love that CAS more then the others and I like the graphics better. But even this pack is not enough. I wish it was on Stream so I could get several sims 4 packs on the summer sale) and I wish lighting rods were a thing included by EA to protect trees and your roof by attracting lighting it's self. With long sunny summer days in Seasons packs solar panels should be a roof thing that actually reduce you bills by providing power and you get paid if you generate more then you need. Sun burn and tanning needs to come back.

Since Sims 2 Season where there would always be burning trees on my lot if is a thunderstorm. I wish there would be disasters like supercells sometimes creating tornados, hurricanes, tsunamis, floods from heavy or long rainfall, storm surge from hurricanes and earthquakes. The reason why I want that is to make the law enforcement, firefighting, military careers and well as making paramedic a career (a branch of the healthcare career where you can start off with just first aid, CPR and AED training as a class in the hospital or school or in the workplace for EMS, firefighters, police officers and soldiers) and making them more interesting by having the ability to sign up for search and rescue teams just before a disaster hits and cleaning up for a game week after. That could also help the scouts in this season pack by having children and teens volunteer with SR teams. For helping they can get rewards from the community and boost their school performance and possibly a scholarship for University (if Sims 4 finally gets one!) for constantly helping clean up. Obviously options to turn of disasters in the settings becasue sometimes even I may not want to deal with all of those disasters.

Farm life is something I wanted since Sims 2 Seasons where I have tried to have large tomato farms but you had to pick by hand. So having large 100x100 and larger fields in a new town that you can annexe to your home lot and drive tractors and harvesters to work large crop fields and/or be a produce, beef, dairy, chicken or sheep farm would be great. This would also make a Season expansion even more useful. Plus ad horses again and make them really useful for driving cattle. Lighting rods would be very useful to protect your barns and hay lofts from lighting if enabled.

Since I have driven tractor-trailers, interest in heavy equipment and disappointed that Sims 3 Diesel Stuff was the brand and not about trucks, trains and Rudolf Diesel (the inventor of diesel engines and diesel fuel). Who cares about the brand? Stuff related to machines with diesel engines would be more interesting! I kind of want a town for me with a 2 or 4 lane coastal highway going to 4 lane main street a 2 lane highway crossing the freeway that goes to 4 lanes and enters the town as the other main road with an inland 4-6 lane freeway. A small port, some factories and a railyard in the corner along the coast of a grate lake or ocean. Introducing new jobs in a factory, driving a truck, crew of a ship or in the railway. Possibly owning a business like that. With a truck stop on the freeway at the edge of town. Possibly having things themed to the golden age of trains (1940/50s) and trucks (I think 1970s). Lastly a country station dedicated to classic truck country songs from 20th century and if possible a Simpsons Easter egg by calling KUDD (a country station that Lurlene Limpkin plays on in season 3). Lastly have clips Convoy and Duel (two great 70s truck movies) as movies on your Sim's tv and/or at a drive in movie lot.

I wish I was on the Sims team. Either make these as Sims 4 packs or start Sims 5 soon. The Sims 4 packs might be cheaper if I had any influence because I believe they do not have enough content for their price except Seasons (but I think dynamic weather (at least rain and thunder storms since without seasons it seams to be always summer) should be apart of the base game). Or put more content in Sims 4 packs.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 5:30 AM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 4th Jul 2018 at 5:40 AM.
Just the right thread for what I was about to comment: I think it would better If CC-creators and modders came together to make custom expansion packs, for a free or a good bargain price.

Okay, maybe it's not related to your original post or your wishlist (tractors would be hard to do probably), but still. Modders quite often bring quality content than what EA does.

"Obviously options to turn of disasters in the settings becasue sometimes even I may not want to deal with all of those disasters.". You do realizes gurus/developers are allergic to that word "options" ? If they weren't, we would already have cool stuff (like idk PET CONTROL or SNOW ACCUMALATION or ALIEN ABDUCTIONS AT HIGHER RATE?) by now. Lol but nope. Heck, killing your sim is barely a thing when it either takes ages to finish someone off and the threats are very predictable.

You know, half of your ideas may not even reach to see the daylights because these are way to expensive for the budget or very straining on the resources for the sh!tty engine TS4 is known to be running on. #DontMakeItHarder4Developers #ThatMayJustKillThem #OrEvenDriveThemViaExhaustion

And who wouldn't wish to work at Sims studio quarters?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
#3 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 5:44 AM
I want everything from previous games that has not ever changed. Not different versions either, I literally want to be able to do everything I could in previous game just with better graphics and maybe some newer designs in edition to old designs.
I think EA is allergic to simplicity honestly. They didn't need to create an entirely new game engine or replace traits with Emotions. They just needed to fix the Sims 3 engine and add in all the stuff people still wanted take some cues from the mods and add in some better sliders and some better error catching maybe. With Sims 4 that hasn't changed they just need to carry over the old stuff streamline it and pay attention to what the community is trying to fix. But like with Sims 3 they're only half-listening. Too caught up in marketing and doing stuff on the cheap.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 2:14 PM
Though I do think it would benefit If we had a sticky solid thread for ideas to share. Who knows, maybe feedback will be heard from here. There were (or might be) developers to lurked here and weren't afraid to reply/comment on this particular forum. Like Graham and Steve. Worth a try though, and some of us are not comfortable engaging in the OF.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.