Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 5:31 PM
Is there a mod that lets you leave with incomplete lots?
I recently was given Sims 4 City Living by my mom and it came with a more undesirable little quirk. When I bulldoze a lot and just want to leave it empty it starts with "You can not leave when there are still unfulfilled lot requirements!" It did not do this before and frankly I don't like it doing this, I thought in Sims 4 you were supposed to be able to play god, but it seems the real overlord here is EA's crappy little creative control limiters. Anyone got a simple mod for me that will disable this crap and allow me to just plow down whatever lots I wants so I can start fresh and build on it later? Thank you.

Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 6:15 PM
Just change the lot type to residential, or something else that doesn't have requirements
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
Just change the lot type to residential, or something else that doesn't have requirements

Still has Penthouse requirements, I tried.
#4 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 8:01 AM
When i wan't to make a park but i don't want a chess table for example i just shrink it down as small as possible and hide it in a bush or something. If you shrink down your required items i doubt you'd be able to see it from map view so it essentially looks bulldozed.

sorry this isn't an actual solution lol
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#5 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 8:45 AM
But the point is, the OP may be wanting to close the game and watch a TV show that is about to start. As I remember it you used to be able to quit, but the lot wouldn't be usable until you went back and finished it. The game shouldn't leave you trapped like that.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 4:38 PM
What Inga Jones said. I haven't tried for the Penthouses, but you should be able to leave it as-is, the lot just won't be useable until the requirements are fulfilled. But because it's a Penthouse, maybe you can just place what you need (I believe it's just the elevator and mailbox?) and then come back to it later when you figured out what you want to put there. There's nothing wrong with placing placeholders until you're ready to build.