Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Met New Great-Grandchild" memory

by kestrellyn Posted 9th Sep 2018 at 11:49 AM - Updated 18th Oct 2023 at 11:08 PM by kestrellyn : Added Polish

50 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 30 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 3:44 PM
This would be perfect for #themeElders too!
I'm wondering too why great-grandparents aren't originally even considered as family by the game... Thank you!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 3:51 PM
Oh, I didn't think of that, you're absolutely right! Do I just put that tag on the upload?
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Oh, I didn't think of that, you're absolutely right! Do I just put that tag on the upload?

Yes, just add the tag. At the end of the period of the theme the moderators will look who needs to get the sticker.

Also I really love this upload!
Thank you!

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 4:43 PM
Yes! Coral didn't recognize Lilith's child as her great-grandchild. So sad!!! Now my elder Sims can have those happy memories.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 7:18 PM
Oh, this is wonderful - and you have to add the tag; it is a very welcome mod!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 9:31 PM
Excellent mod. thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 4:00 PM
Many thanks! <3 Now the granny is going to drink the Elixir of Life to meet great grand children!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#9 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 7:43 PM
Well this will make Vampires/Zombies dating their own great-grandchildren even funnier.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator THANKS POST
#10 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 3:21 AM
"grabs rapidly with both hands!" thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 6:28 AM
so cool, thank you!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator THANKS POST
#12 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 11:12 PM
So very needed-thank you!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 6:52 PM
hey, @kestrellyn! glad to see I could help
you can also make the memory recognize gender (btw it's binary in TS2 ) by cloning the string in Catalog Description and changing the Instance to 0x7D1. this way you'll have different descriptions for a male (0x7D0) and a female Subject (0x7D1). nice way to avoid those clumsy "theirs" and "thems"
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 6:55 PM
Oh, thanks! That's good to know. I'll try that when I get back to my Sims operator system.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 28th Sep 2018 at 2:35 PM
Can I say I love that you did this, especially as I am a Tattered Diary user myself!
Thank you for this, and for sharing it with the rest of us!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 3:05 AM
This is positively awesome!
Inventor
#17 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 8:17 PM
Would it be possible to get a hold of the previous non-gendered version?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 2:08 AM
Sure, I'll reupload that one.

Edit: Done!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#19 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 3:47 PM
Thank you so much!
Mad Poster
#20 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 5:47 AM
Is there a way to add this to Sims who already had great-grandchildren? It didn't appear in the custom memory selection for Aaroneous's Memory Manipulator.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 5:57 AM
You would have to modify the memory manager yourself, I can't imagine it will just pick up that there's a new memory in your game. You would just have to copy the functions for one of the other options that adds a memory, but use the GUID from this memory instead (and an appropriate pie menu string). The GUID is 0x0056B810.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 8:27 PM
Thank you. I'll screw around with it in SimPE and see if I can do it without blowing everything up.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
THANKS POST
#23 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 10:48 PM
omg this is just too wonderfull, i Always wondered why it isn't in the family tree

but now the great-grandkids can meet their great-grandparents like it should be
Test Subject
#24 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 7:56 PM
Hi, Today I made a polish version of this mod Can You add this to files tab? In polish language we use gender recognized name for great-grandchild.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/123...iew?usp=sharing
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 12:21 AM
Great, thanks! I added the localizations to the gendered version.
Page 1 of 3