Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 2:07 PM Last edited by spammmm : 29th Nov 2018 at 5:57 PM.
Default What NPCs do you want back?
I've been playing lots of Sims 2 lately and now returning to the Sims 4 I've been thinking about the vast difference in amount of NPCs in the Sims 4. I'd personally love to get firefighters and cops back! Also burglars, but I'm not sure if fellow simmers want them back lol :p
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 3:25 PM
NPCs are so slack in TS4, it takes a bartender forever to pour you a drink, a maid takes forever do a simple chore, if they add your above suggestions, how are they going to be any good?
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 3:25 PM
Firefighters would be good. I was quite disappointed to see how EA did fires in Sims 4. My vampire goes to the Pancake family house in the night, cuz their plasma has a buttery maple syrup flavor. Ms. Pancake starts a fire in the backyard by accident when my vampire is there.
My vampire can't go anywhere, because fire. Can't fight the fire himself. Can't feed. My Dr. Drakool starts singing "Daylight come and me wanna go home". Fire just goes on and on. Made me wonder if these SimGurus ever play the game.
Police? yeah... How can they have a deviant and criminal aspiration and no cops? You can't play cops and robbers with just robbers. I thought there would be cops.

Sims are better than us.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 3:33 PM
It's beyond me how the base game did not have (and still does not have) firefighters or police, yet EAxis felt it was appropriate to devote development time to adding a rocket-ship and a rocket science skill. So yeah, I want police and firefigter npcs.
Scholar
#5 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 3:43 PM
Another vote for First responders. AND burglars. A whimsical wish --- I loved the organ grinder/monkey combo from TS1 - bonus if we could have a hurdy gurdy and a pet monkey included! A
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 7:45 PM
Burgarls and the police. This game is too rosy. If they want it to be a true life simulator, they should also add the difficult aspects of life.
Inventor
#7 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 7:58 PM
TS4 AI is terrible. So I don't think more NPCs would improve the game in any way. You know what could improve the game? To make it an MMO and have players do NPCs' jobs. Instead of having NPCs and townies, let them all be players like in The Sims Online. That could actually work and make the game worth playing.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#8 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 8:05 PM
I liked the TS1 NPCs best. If you ignored the fact they could trap you in the toilet until you both died, they did actually just get on and do their jobs efficiently, and didn't have affairs with your husband or steal your books.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Inventor
#9 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I liked the TS1 NPCs best. If you ignored the fact they could trap you in the toilet until you both died, they did actually just get on and do their jobs efficiently, and didn't have affairs with your husband or steal your books.

NPCs in TS1 felt like robots rather than people. Might as well turn the Servo on. In TS2 they are actually Sims and you can interact with them, or ignore them and they'll do their job for the most part. In TS3 they tend to be extremely lazy OR like robots (mainly the ones in community lots). This is talking about service NPCs. NPCs overall were amazing in TS1. Who could forget Claire the Bear and Miss Crumplebottom...
Mad Poster
#10 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
I would like a free computer thank u

Only the true ones will understand

"Greetings. They call me Mrs. Franklin and I am here to bestow upon you a great gift. This box contains Sims wonders that will dazzle and amaze. You been awarded this for reasons far too great to tell. Open it, if you dare! Open it, I say!"

* Opens to find a high-end ultra tech computer with The Sims 5. Where's the apology note though?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 9:58 PM
I would like to see police and firefighters as well, an even paramedics, call an ambulance... But as mentioned above, ts4 ai is really bad. Let alone npc's, even the very sim you play can't follow the action queue properly.

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 10:53 PM
Mrs Crumplebottom, obviously. Who else is going to beat my sims to death with her purse? But seriously, I'd love npcs like that again. Actual npcs that do unique things normal sims don't. And those npcs that appeared in the Sims 2 if you were low on aspiration? And the social bunny? I need more of that. Npcs like that really add to the charm of the game. But as far as service sims go, obviously I agree with having police, burglars, firefighters, etc back. Service sims in ts4 may suck but these are bare bones base game things.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 11:52 PM
Firefighters
Burglars
Police
Janitors
Newspaper Deliverer

View all My Sims 4 Creations here https://kiarasimsfourmods.home.blog/

Patreon here www.patreon.com/kiarasims4mods

KiaraSims4Mods Discord - https://discord.com/invite/TykFPkY
Test Subject
#14 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 11:53 PM
Burglars, Police and Mrs Crumplebottom, and maybe Servo
Forum Resident
#15 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 11:54 PM
you can get janitors with a mod.
Space Pony
#16 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 12:50 AM
How about EA not being lazy AF and actually having angry social workers storm into to take away kids instead of magically whisking them away?
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Firefighters would be good. I was quite disappointed to see how EA did fires in Sims 4. My vampire goes to the Pancake family house in the night, cuz their plasma has a buttery maple syrup flavor. Ms. Pancake starts a fire in the backyard by accident when my vampire is there.
My vampire can't go anywhere, because fire. Can't fight the fire himself. Can't feed. My Dr. Drakool starts singing "Daylight come and me wanna go home". Fire just goes on and on. Made me wonder if these SimGurus ever play the game.
Police? yeah... How can they have a deviant and criminal aspiration and no cops? You can't play cops and robbers with just robbers. I thought there would be cops.

Back when I was playing S4, I moved a Sim into Windenburg. Virtually the first thing she does is set the stove on fire. There was no sprinkler system set up & I couldn't get her to put the fire out. I tried speeding time up so either the fire would burn the house down or burn itself out, anything to end it. I ended up quitting the game. This is something that irritated me about S4, why couldn't they just have a fire person teleport in and put the fire out? They didn't even have to have a uniform just a fire extinguisher. (Not that S3 fire fighters are so great. I've been fined by them because they've taken so long to get to the fire, the game forgot about it because I had a Sim put it out & finish)
Scholar
#18 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 10:22 PM
Police! Technically we can have cops appear in our games, they just don't actually *do* anything. See, all the sims who work in the detective career can be assigned as walkbys while in their work uniforms. That's great... too bad they cant hand out random citations and apprehend criminals. OR STOP burglars! Something I really miss from TS3 was the burglars and the brave trait...I'd really love to see that again. Won't hold my breath though.

I wouldn't want cops to bust teens for being out past curfew. Unless there is a place that you know of where police bust teens for this reason, it just doesn't seem realistic to me. However, busting teens for being in inappropriate venues... ah my teen just got busted for underage drinking by a bouncer, I use the alcohol portion of basmental drugs (I don't use the drugs portion)... It was so fun to see that happen! Something like that maybe...

And firefighters. WHO wouldn't want firefighters. I mostly loved the firefighter career (except that attending actual fires and earthquakes made my game crash like 90% of the time plus the earthquake scenario just looked bad.), I enjoyed upgrading the firetruck. But I tell you what, I had to play that career with my PC muted because the Fire alarm would scare the shit out of me every. singe. time. (And thunder booms in TS4 routinely scare the shit out of me too but I digress)
Instructor
#19 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 5:23 AM
I feel like anything that they add in the game will be a watered down version of what we had before. It would be nice to see everything every one is asking for back in this iteration but it will either be watered down or buggy.. I mean think about how many issues we had (and I'm sure still have) when they brought back the butler.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Casimir
Burgarls and the police. This game is too rosy. If they want it to be a true life simulator, they should also add the difficult aspects of life.

Definetly! Everything in ts4 is so toned down it gets boring very easily..
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
NPCs in TS1 felt like robots rather than people. Might as well turn the Servo on. In TS2 they are actually Sims and you can interact with them, or ignore them and they'll do their job for the most part. In TS3 they tend to be extremely lazy OR like robots (mainly the ones in community lots). This is talking about service NPCs. NPCs overall were amazing in TS1. Who could forget Claire the Bear and Miss Crumplebottom...

He probably didn't mean service NPCs, and besides, Butler as a service NPC can be fun. Inge probably meant other fun NPCs like Claire The Bear and Sunny The Tragic Clown that react with different objects in different way and can interact in various ways with your sims.
Scholar
#22 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 7:28 PM

Will it come with a free copy of Sims 1 to play on it?

I agree on the firefighters and burglars.
If I can be a criminal, I damn well want to know my fellow criminals are out there, stealing from Sims' houses.
I even mentioned adding these NPCs into the game as an improvement on that recent poll.
Instructor
#23 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Grant is always talking about the surveys they take and how great they are, so apparently only those that give the answers that team Maxis wants to hear as the things that are implemented.

As for the butler specifically, I have yet to read anybody sing the praises of the TS4 butler. If anything, anytime somebody mentions them, I can hear LGR complaining in the back of my mind about how the ones in his game were either thieves or got stuck in a endless loop of computer cleaning.

I'm never on Twitter to even do those so when I do end up deciding to pop my head in it's always over and it's like oh well missed that one. The recent survey they had I gave them a piece of my mind about they way they communicate.

But back to the topic of the NPCs I stick by what I say I just don't see them adding any NPCs the way we all remember them if they even add the ones we want. As always it will be their vision or version of them and we just have to accept it.
Test Subject
#24 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 3:58 AM

God, hearing this reopened such a great memory in my mind. It blew my mind to have my sims play the Sims 3.
Also, cops, paramedics, and firefighters are things that would make the game spicier as well as the burglars. My sims can't always sleep peacefully, I need some chaos.
Scholar
#25 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 4:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by guzma
God, hearing this reopened such a great memory in my mind. It blew my mind to have my sims play the Sims 3.
Also, cops, paramedics, and firefighters are things that would make the game spicier as well as the burglars. My sims can't always sleep peacefully, I need some chaos.

In Sims 4 the burglar may be a global superstar as well cause the social worker that visited my house sure was :p

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Page 1 of 2