Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 8:34 PM
Default I'd like to update Zerbu's Go to School Mod to be able to study all skills online (for personal use only)
Hi everyone! (Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place - I wasn't quite sure where to post...) So I finally found out that Zerbu's Go to School mod is how I got the "study skill online" interaction, but my issue is it only has about half of the available skills on it. I've tried switching to LittleMsSam's OLS mod, except my Sims only do that for about an hour at a time, whereas I want them to learn until *I* tell them to stop. So I was thinking I should change the Go to School mod myself, but there's just one itty bitty problem... I have literally never modded my own sims stuff ever! I kind of know my way around S4PE, but I have no clue how to accomplish what I want done. Could anyone point me in the right direction? Also, I was trying to do this for personal use only, due to the fact that I know not all creators want others to publish edits to their work. Thanks you guys!

Edit: I just realized it might be easier to edit the duration of LMS' Online Learning System. What do you guys think would be easier? And can anyone help me figure out how to accomplish this task?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 6:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lilythelollipop
Hi everyone! (Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place - I wasn't quite sure where to post...) So I finally found out that Zerbu's Go to School mod is how I got the "study skill online" interaction, but my issue is it only has about half of the available skills on it. I've tried switching to LittleMsSam's OLS mod, except my Sims only do that for about an hour at a time, whereas I want them to learn until *I* tell them to stop. So I was thinking I should change the Go to School mod myself, but there's just one itty bitty problem... I have literally never modded my own sims stuff ever! I kind of know my way around S4PE, but I have no clue how to accomplish what I want done. Could anyone point me in the right direction? Also, I was trying to do this for personal use only, due to the fact that I know not all creators want others to publish edits to their work. Thanks you guys!

Edit: I just realized it might be easier to edit the duration of LMS' Online Learning System. What do you guys think would be easier? And can anyone help me figure out how to accomplish this task?

It would be easier to make some changes in the tuning files from LMS' Online Learning System. I guess you only need to tweak. Why not to use sims 4 studio? that is a very handy progam and it has all the tools you need to edit LMS' Online Learning System.

I will give you a hint, look at these codes in LMS' Online Learning System:

<V n="basic_content" t="flexible_length">
<U n="flexible_length">
<L n="conditional_actions">
<V t="list_reference">
<T n="list_reference">40705<!--ExitConditionList_MotivesNearFail--></T>
</V>
<V t="literal">
<U n="literal">
<L n="conditions">
<V t="time_based">
<U n="time_based">
<T n="max_time">60</T>
<T n="min_time">60</T>
</U>
</V>
</L>
<E n="interaction_action">EXIT_NATURALLY</E>
</U>
</V>

It seems they are the duration time. 60 = 1 sim hour. Try to test yourself from there lol. Maybe I can try later, but I am busy right now.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 7:45 PM Last edited by lilythelollipop : 17th Mar 2019 at 8:24 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Itsmysimmod
It would be easier to make some changes in the tuning files from LMS' Online Learning System. I guess you only need to tweak. Why not to use sims 4 studio? that is a very handy progam and it has all the tools you need to edit LMS' Online Learning System.

It seems they are the duration time. 60 = 1 sim hour. Try to test yourself from there lol. Maybe I can try later, but I am busy right now.

Thanks so much! I didn't know S4S could do that O.O I use S4S to modify my CC so definitely should've known lol. I was looking at the xmls through s4pe and saw that! I had no idea how to edit it though... Thanks for all your help! I'll update with my results later today - hopefully... (I've got homework due tonight and I'm in a coding school. I'm pretty sure you know how that can go )

UPDATE: It works!! OMG I did **NOT** expect that to work so easily (or that I would reject my hw so soon, hah). Though, I'll be working on it more, it's a great start... thank you so so much itsmysimmod!! Btw, I've downloaded some of your mods and love them (I had just noticed your username and was like "hey I recognize that name!")
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 1:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lilythelollipop
Thanks so much! I didn't know S4S could do that O.O I use S4S to modify my CC so definitely should've known lol. I was looking at the xmls through s4pe and saw that! I had no idea how to edit it though... Thanks for all your help! I'll update with my results later today - hopefully... (I've got homework due tonight and I'm in a coding school. I'm pretty sure you know how that can go )

UPDATE: It works!! OMG I did **NOT** expect that to work so easily (or that I would reject my hw so soon, hah). Though, I'll be working on it more, it's a great start... thank you so so much itsmysimmod!! Btw, I've downloaded some of your mods and love them (I had just noticed your username and was like "hey I recognize that name!")

Great that it works! you can start by tweaking mods and you will see how the XMLs work in the sims 4. The clue is to read and understand and there are very useful tools around the community. I am glad that you use my mods, I am working on a new mod right now so stay tuned