Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Memory Mod

by simler90 Posted 29th Apr 2019 at 8:02 AM - Updated 29th Apr 2019 at 8:36 AM by simler90

11 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 29th Apr 2019 at 10:51 AM Last edited by FOZZA303 : 1st May 2019 at 9:43 AM. Reason: Changed to "Thanks!" post.
Nyce!
I've actually noticed a few times over the years that sims never shut up about private school. Another mod for the 7GB pile. Thanks!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 9:05 PM
If I was still playing TS2 these days this would be a must-have mod.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 10:45 PM
Wonderful! Thank you so much for this!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#5 Old 2nd May 2019 at 1:13 AM
Huh. Things ya never notice until someone points it out.
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th May 2019 at 3:49 AM
Wow. So bizarre some Rejected memories were repeatable and others not. Thanks for this! I'll try it out,

...Hmm. HCDU is reporting a conflict with Boiling Oil's No Trash Memories. Could the two mods be made compatible?
Test Subject
#7 Old 7th May 2019 at 4:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by beyondsight
Wow. So bizarre some Rejected memories were repeatable and others not. Thanks for this! I'll try it out,

...Hmm. HCDU is reporting a conflict with Boiling Oil's No Trash Memories. Could the two mods be made compatible?

I noticed that too. According to HCDU it appears to be just one instance. I looked in both mods and it's relating to the "Passed Out" memory. As far as I can tell the only difference between the two mods in this instance is that simler90 made the "Passed Out" memory repeatable and BoilingOil didn't (as in an unmodded game). I think by default BO's mod suppresses the memory from showing up in the first place. I wouldn't think that the two mods together would cause a problem but I'm no expert lol. I haven't had time to try it out in game yet.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 5:03 PM
Is there a simple method to see whether this mod is working for me in-game? I ran Mootilda's Hoodchecker and still found some memory-related issues in my hood after using this mod some time, but I'm a bit confused whether this mod is intended to fix the issues which the Hoodchecker checks.
Test Subject
#9 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 8:23 AM
Any updates on the compatibility with No Trash Memories?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 24th Sep 2019 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simone95
I'm a bit confused whether this mod is intended to fix the issues which the Hoodchecker checks.

I do not believe this mod is in any way meant as a replacement for HoodChecker. It's meant to fix a few coding oversights related to memories (such as the obviously faulty strength of the Private School memories), while HC is meant to clean up things that accumulate during gameplay.

I always run HC after playing, and I haven't seen a memory error in quite some time, even before installing this mod. If HC finds those sorts of errors, tell it to fix them. If it can't, then you might have to fix them yourself in SimPE.
Scholar
#11 Old 2nd Jun 2020 at 6:34 PM
Has anyone figured out if the conflict is resolvable yet or should I ditch NTM?
Field Researcher
#12 Old 23rd Jan 2021 at 7:22 PM
@beyondsight @Eleos2095 @Elaine.Onset @Fyren5

From what I'm gathering with the No Trash Memory Conflict...
If you don't want any Pass Out memories, make sure its set to 0 in BO's mod (as it is by default) and load that mod after this one.
If you want Pass Out memories to only occur the first time it happens like the vanilla game, set the option to 1 in BO's mod and load his mod after this one.
If you want Pass Out memories to be repeatable, set the option to 1 in BO's mod, then load this mod after BO's mod.
I'm not sure what having BO's mod disabling Pass Out memories (as it does by default) and loading this mod after would do, but it doesn't sound like a good idea.
Your best bet it setting the Pass Out option to 1 in BO's mod then loading this mod after it if you want all the effects of this mod.