Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Dec 2019 at 6:09 PM Last edited by Tamlo31 : 27th Jan 2020 at 5:25 PM.
Default Adding more Worlds & Lots
UPDATE

It looks like Zerbu made a fantastic mod that takes all the hard work out of on trying to get this to work, you can find this mod here:-

https://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/19041...ds-experimental

I actual recommend that you use the above mod to complete the process far faster, I will leave this guide here for reference. I will say that I've been using multi duplicate worlds in my current save for the last month, so far one crashed game, I've not encountered any serous problems other than the problem Zerbu pointed out, in is mod. To what I can see and the number of tests I did on trying to fix some of the small issues is that the World ID can't be changed inside the zone field so that's why we get duplicate worlds not true standalone worlds, I did try a work around for the worlds sharing the same graphics for the current neighbors which involved using the instance inside the world object data for the given lot, this test failed, so to cut a long story short, this is a great way of increasing the number of worlds but it comes at small cost, which is what zerbu pointed out.

The last few day I've been playing about with adding new worlds to the game, so far I can duplicate a world in the save game. So this guide will show you how to do that, at some point in the future I might try and replicate this guide in some form off mod, but I've been having problems getting that to work.

So what is the point of this?

On a very basic level it increases the number of lots you have a available in your saved game, but to give you some idea's of what I'm currently using this for:-

I've duplicated Newcrest and turned the duplicate world into a retail shopping center.

I've duplicated Granite falls and turned the duplicate into a winter themed world.

There is perhaps many other idea's you can use duplicate worlds for, perhaps a upside down world of strangerville. (stranger things lovers)

Or even a you can duplicate one world 10 times if you wish and have some form of legacy version of the game where each world gets more advanced and each new generation will move into the next world.

One last possibility you find a good world somebody uploaded to the Internet and you wish to include part of that world in your current save game.

Is this safe to do to my favorite saved game?

I'm going to be honest and say this is still in testing, but I've not found any problems so far, but I do recommended that you backup everything in your saved game folder.

Will this slow my game down?

The load times will increase if you add a silly amount of new worlds with hundreds of new Sims, to be honest I've added several new worlds and it loads about the same length of time.

Do I need any mods?

No, but I will post a few recommended mods that will help if you wish to make a unique world.
The Sims 4 Mods: World Type Changes (Destination to Residential or vice-versa)
Just one point about this mod, it works on both the original worlds and the duplicate worlds

https://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/17339...ges-destination

Fan Made maps

https://www.dershayan.de/fanart-maps

Part 1

1 backup your saved game
2 Download the latest version of S4 Studio
http://sims4studio.com/board/31/dow...g-sims-4-studio

Part 2

1 Part 1 was the easy part just to get you into the mood
2 Drag and drop the saved game onto the S4Studio - Shortcut, it will load straight away.
3 You need to find the Save Game Data, click on this.
4 Scroll down until you see neighborhoods and click edit items
5 On the left side you will see [Neighborhood Data] on the right side you will see the name of the world, if this is the first time and your a virgin to world duplicating I recommended at this point you pick a world with very few lots in Glimmerbrook, granite falls, something with less than 8 lots and don't pick any special worlds or anything with a blank name. Just on a side note special worlds do duplicate but very few of them actual work in the game they don't have world maps, the way around this, would be to make a mod that will replace them worlds with a map but that goes beyond this guide.
6 On the left field click copy to copy the world you did choose.
7 Scroll to the bottom of the left field to find your copy, on the right field you should see the neighborhood_id we need to change this, so we are going to change one number, it really does not matter what number you change but to make life easy we going to change the first number and add 1 to this. So for example if you picked Granite Falls and the neighborhood_id was 09290A60407127C5 (this number is unique in every save) you would change the number to 19290A60407127C5. It's also a good time to write this number down, if your fed up, you can just make a note of the last 3 digits.
8 Under description fill this in, example:- A verdant, sprawling region of lush bayous and rolling plantation land that is home to aristocratic farmers, southern gentry, and swamp-dwellers.
9 Next edit the name example:- Newcrest Shopping Centre
10 Click save

Part 3

1 I hate this part, we need to go into zones, it's at the bottom right of the right field, click edit items.
2 Now for the fun part the left side shows the ZoneData and somewhere in them files we need to find the files that are needed for our neighborhood, I will say they will be all grouped together. So what need to do is scroll the right field down to the bottom and 7 lines up you should see neighborhood_id. If you remember I did say to right down your neighborhood_id number, so the granite falls number before the change was 09290A60407127C5. So what we need to do is find the number on the left field that are equal to that number in neighborhood_id. No easy way to do, other than searching until you find one, all the files that you need will be around the same location on the list.
3 Now that we have got rid of all people who can't find the correct ZoneData file we can carry on. We need make a copy of all the ZoneData files with same original neighborhood_id number. So hold down shift on the last file and then click on the top file you need and click copy.
4 All the copied files will be at the bottom of the field, so move down to find the copies. On the right field we need to change neighborhood_id for all them files we are using for example granite falls neighborhood_id was 09290A60407127C5 we should change all the id's to 19290A60407127C5 on all the ZoneData file that say 09290A60407127C5.
5 I did say this part was bad, but we are nearly done, scroll down to the last Zondata file and this time we need to change the zone_id. So what we are going to is add 1 to the first number on the right field that's says zone_id (at the bottom of the field). For example if the unique code says 09290A6040712B18 we will change that code to 19290A6040712B18. We need to repeat this for each of the Zonedata files that we need change (all the copies)
6 Click Save

Part 4

1 At this point your probable thinking is this all worth the trouble, but you are on the last part and nearly done and two minutes away from a spanking new world. Anyway go back into neighborhoods and edit items
2 Move the left field down until we find the copied world we started with and we need to go into lots so click edit item under lots on the right field
3 In the Zonedata we changed the first number of each copied file, we replaced the first number with a one, so what we need to do is under zone_instance_id on the right field we need to add 1 to the first number of every file in this section.
4 click save, save again and click save one last time, this time you should get the message saying that Your package has been saved.
5 Exit and test out your new save game.

Situation world guide

This part is some extra stuff you can do to help make your world unique and improve the quality of life,
Making a portal world

What is a portal?

This allows fast travel inside the current world, for example the magic portal that takes you to the magic realms lot
You should have good understanding of how to edit the worlds by this point, so this guide will be a lot faster.
1 Go into your save Data, neighborhoods, edit item.
2 Search the Neighborhood data until you find the world you wish to make into a portal world, in this guide I'm going to pick The Magic realms, so copy this world, we shall work from the copy only.
3 In the copy change the region_id to the following 00000000000101BF and change the name to portal world and replace the neighborhood_id with the following code 12F309FA5DAB0276
4 This will place a portal to the Magic realms inside New a version of granite falls, this version will only contain 1 lot, your portal.
5 Save and test game. Just one last point you can do this with any world, this method also works with the police station, it will duplicate the world, any changes on one world will change on the other world.

Adding a portal lot to current neighborhood

This is much better way of doing the above, but I wanted to include the instruction above so you can see how it works in this example I will add The Magic World portal to glimmerbrook has a lot.
1 Go to your save Data, neighborhoods.
2 Probable the best method to do this will be to open your saved game twice in Sims 4 studio, because we will need to copy the data from Magic realms over to Glimmerbrook, it can be a little fiddle to see everything setup on your screen with 2 copies of the saved game open, so adjust your screen to see both side are easy to read.
3 Go to into the following on one your saved games Data, neighborhoods , magic realm, lots and in the other go into saved games Data, neighborhoods, Glimmerbrook, lots.
4 On the glimmerbrook side click add on the left field, all you need to do then, is copy and paste the data from the Magic realm over to the Glimmerbrook data in the new LowOwnerInfo (most of the fields will say 000000000, so just replace them with data from magic realms version.
5 Save the glimmerbrook side and exit studio and test game. Just remember this is a special lot and can't be replaced.

Adding normal lots to current worlds and design notes

I don't current think this is possible by using a saved game, adding a portal is one thing that you can do, but most of the world is controlled by the world files, so therefore you will probable need a mod to allow this to happen. Then again if you wanted more lots for your current world you can just use the duplicate method above. During testing of this I did try to make a mod that would allow new worlds, but I will be honest I'm not a very good moder, I'm better at file manipulation, for example I'm good at thinking outside the box to get this to work and work out what each file did in the save game file. Inside the saved game file you can edit some other things for example the calendar, clubs which can make your world rather unique.

Credits

Thanks for Sims 4 studio
Screenshots
2 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 5th Jan 2020 at 11:34 AM
This is very impressive, thank you for sharing your knowledge
Test Subject
#3 Old 16th Jan 2020 at 7:19 PM
it works!!
thankyou<3
Inventor
#4 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 5:09 PM
I hope this is okay but I have a version of this tutorial with pictures for folks like me who need to see things to understand them better: https://simply-victoriax.tumblr.com...l-with-pictures
Test Subject
#5 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 7:52 PM
This is amazing! Quick q: is this possible in S4S for Mac? I can never get mine to open save files.
Test Subject
#6 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 8:05 PM
Has anyone placed a household in the worlds?

If I place a household in one of the two worlds (I can't remember whether it is in the original or the copied world), that household is duplicated and appears in the other world.
The name of the world is also changed so that both have the same name.
Test Subject
#7 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xxsoulfire123
I hope this is okay but I have a version of this tutorial with pictures for folks like me who need to see things to understand them better: https://simply-victoriax.tumblr.com...l-with-pictures

Thank you so very much for this! I found your tut via TBS, and I'm ecstatic, even though I can;t find my saved game file lmao
Test Subject
#8 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 4:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ehoney7
Thank you so very much for this! I found your tut via TBS, and I'm ecstatic, even though I can;t find my saved game file lmao

I was having a really hard time finding it too, but what worked for me was typing 'save' into the search bar at the top of the list of things on the left of the Sims 4 Studio window, and then hitting 'filter'. There were only a few files left in the view once I did that, and one was the save game file. Don't know if that will help you but I figured I'd share in case it does.

I am curious if anyone has figured out the duplicate household problem, because I am having the same issue and haven't figured out a work around yet.
Test Subject
#9 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 5:15 AM
Default Drag and drop...
Quote: Originally posted by xxsoulfire123

Im a bit confused. You say Drag and Drop into S4S. Drag and drop in the FOLDER in documents? Drag and drop exactly WHERE? LOL...Thanks for the pic tutorial, but i cant go forward until I know exactly where to drag and drop...
Test Subject
#10 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 6:03 AM
Does this mean we going to get created worlds?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 6:13 AM
I just tried and it does work in my game, but there is a small problem that's been bothering me. After placing down new lots in the copied world, when I go to the original world, the neighboring houses looks like the new ones I placed in the copied world, and not its actual neighbors in the original world.
I think we might need to change the lot_description_id or some other datas as well to fix that, but I don't know how to.
I made a post about this problem on Tumblr with screenshots: https://aklsimmer.tumblr.com/post/1...ied-duplicating
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 6:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sims699
Im a bit confused. You say Drag and Drop into S4S. Drag and drop in the FOLDER in documents? Drag and drop exactly WHERE? LOL...Thanks for the pic tutorial, but i cant go forward until I know exactly where to drag and drop...

You need to drag and drop it to S4Studio.exe or its shortcut. (the place you click to open the application)
Test Subject
#13 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 6:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sims699

In your Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 folder, there should be a folder called "saves". Open that folder and look for the "save" file of whatever save you want to add worlds to. If you have only 1 game running, then there should only be one save in the folder. If you have multiple saves, they should each have a different number (or at least mine have numbers - I assume everyone's do but I might be wrong). Drag the save file and literally drop it on top of the Sims 4 Studio icon. I'm attaching a picture - you can see the Slot_00000006.save file selected, and I literally dragged that and dropped it on the Sims 4 Studio icon on the right.

(At least, I think I'm adding a picture, but I have no idea what I'm doing so I might be doing this wrong.)

Hope that helps, because that took me a bit to figure out too.

Screenshots
Test Subject
#14 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 5:37 PM Last edited by Logion : 22nd Jan 2020 at 6:02 PM.
I tried it, while I did get a copied world (Magnolia Promenade 2) if I make any changes to it, it will overwrite the original Magnolia Promenade. Looks like it happens if I evict the existing households, I don't think you are supposed to have households when you copy the worlds. Saving and reloading the save seems to have fixed it. I am encountering the same issue as AKLsimmer, the settings that decides what houses you can see when you are in the neighbourhood needs to be unique too.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 6:06 PM
My friend said you need to edit more ID's than what is listed to avoid these problems. He didn't tell me which though.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Inventor
#16 Old 25th Jan 2020 at 12:25 PM
I don't know if you know but Zerbu made a mod for copying worlds easier: https://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/19041...ds-experimental

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Test Subject
#17 Old 9th Feb 2020 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Logion
I tried it, while I did get a copied world (Magnolia Promenade 2) if I make any changes to it, it will overwrite the original Magnolia Promenade. Looks like it happens if I evict the existing households, I don't think you are supposed to have households when you copy the worlds. Saving and reloading the save seems to have fixed it. I am encountering the same issue as AKLsimmer, the settings that decides what houses you can see when you are in the neighbourhood needs to be unique too.

I'm wondering if the Magnolia Promenade lots function like the apartments (Those don't function well with the Copy Worlds mod either. Ie. if you change the apartment in one copy, it changes in the others).
Test Subject
#18 Old 24th Apr 2020 at 12:17 PM
Thank you very much for sharing this information.
Test Subject
#19 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 6:46 PM
Is there a mod that can do all this for me?
Test Subject
#20 Old 26th May 2020 at 11:48 AM
I want to be sure to give you my sincere thanks for your post. I have a new world now!
Thanks so much Tamlo31 and also xxsoulfire123 for the visual aid!
Test Subject
#21 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 10:26 PM
Guys, does anyone know if there's a way to make a copied world "permanent"? What I mean is if there's a way to make the copied world show up in a new game and not just in the existing save file. I understand that I can just do the whole process again in a new game file but, as you probably understand, that's fairly tedious.
Also, long shot but does anyone here know if it's possible to make only the copy or the original world have eternal day (using the Daybreak mod or something similar)? Asking because someone in the Patreon comments said that it's possible and wrote down the process (copy world as is, only then install Daybreak for the original town) but when I tried it, I had eternal day in both worlds.
Test Subject
#22 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 6:58 PM
Hiya, Newbie here, not sure if this thread is dead but I came across it in my searches. I've done all the steps (3 times) to make sure lol and it's not showing my copied world.

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if this still works in with the latest update?

Thank you much, great share!
Test Subject
#23 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 8:22 PM
Is it possible to delete the copied worlds afterwards?

I made too many copies. When I tried to just "remove" the copy from neighbourhood items in Sims 4 Studio it seems to corrupt the save and the game won't load.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 11th Jun 2021 at 6:47 PM
I just added a world after the 1.75.125.1030 patch (what I call the likes/dislikes patch before the Dream Home Decorator pack. It still seems to work pretty good.

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury
Test Subject
#25 Old 15th Aug 2021 at 8:04 PM
Hi, how can I delete a copied world?
Page 1 of 2