Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Faster university graduation

by mrzmary Posted 5th Jan 2020 at 10:49 PM - Updated 12th Jan 2020 at 4:17 PM by mrzmary

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 6th Jan 2020 at 12:59 PM
Great idea. I found that a bit weird myself, having to spend so many weeks to get enough credit to graduate.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 6th Jan 2020 at 1:25 PM
THANK YOU! this is exactly what uni needed to be fun gameplay. now it doesn't suck up my sims entire lives
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 6th Jan 2020 at 8:24 PM
Omg thank you, You have no idea how badly i have wanted a mod like this!!!!
Forum Resident
#5 Old 6th Jan 2020 at 8:42 PM
Diffevair has already beat you to this mod idea almost 2 months ago. The mod is called more/less credits required mod and available at Diffevair's tumblr.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 7th Jan 2020 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bienchen83
Diffevair has already beat you to this mod idea almost 2 months ago. The mod is called more/less credits required mod and available at Diffevair's tumblr.

OP probably isn't on tumblr, and didn't know, tbh I am on tumblr and I didn't even know it was already out. Thanks to OP though for making and sharing with us at MTS!
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Jan 2020 at 11:11 PM

I never heard of her so i'm glad he did upload it and it's not a race for who made it first
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Jan 2020 at 9:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PsychHalliwell
This is the best. Thanks.
How does this work when getting another degree, does the nubmer of classes to graduate stays the same or does it get reduced as it is in Discover University?

Actually, it didn't come to my mind to test the case of the second degree (I haven't ever used this opportunity) right now the second degree seems to be bugged with this mod so I am testing the ways to come over the bug. I will edit the description to mention this.
Thank you for the idea!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Jan 2020 at 9:51 AM

I really couldn't find Diffevair's mod when I needed it, so I made this one for my own use and then decided to share it here.
However, for MTS my mod is the only at the moment.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Jan 2020 at 11:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PsychHalliwell
This is the best. Thanks.
How does this work when getting another degree, does the nubmer of classes to graduate stays the same or does it get reduced as it is in Discover University?

After testing I found out that the number of credit hours passed for the previous degree already passed somehow SUMS with the number of credit hours needed for the new degree. So to overcome the bug, the mod should be replaced with the mod with greater number of credit hours.
For example, your sim has already graduated with 4 credit hours and applies for a second degree. You would like to graduate with 4 credit hours too. In this case, you should replace the existing mod file reducing credit hours to 4 with the mod file reducing credit hours to 8 (4+4). After that, you sim will be able to graduate from the second degree as usual.
Test Subject
#11 Old 9th Jan 2020 at 11:03 PM
Thanks it worked at first...

As i finished my degree I decided I wanted to go back for another, but after I got the acceptance letter I enrolled and picked a new degree however it would not let me choose number of courses and or electives.
Scholar
#12 Old 10th Jan 2020 at 8:13 AM

I'm not on tumbler and I have never downloaded anything from there either. I would never have thought to search for a mod by that name. I was looking for a "Faster Uni Degree Mod". Well that's what i would call it if i made one.... Lol
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th Jan 2020 at 11:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by poisonredapple
Thanks it worked at first...

As i finished my degree I decided I wanted to go back for another, but after I got the acceptance letter I enrolled and picked a new degree however it would not let me choose number of courses and or electives.

To overcome the bug, the mod should be replaced with the mod with greater number of credit hours.
For example, your sim has already graduated with 4 credit hours and applies for a second degree. You would like to graduate with 4 credit hours too. In this case, you should replace the existing mod file reducing credit hours to 4 with the mod file reducing credit hours to 8 (4+4). After that, you sim will be able to graduate from the second degree as usual.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 10th Jan 2020 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mrzmary
To overcome the bug, the mod should be replaced with the mod with greater number of credit hours.

So what happens if you already have the 8 credit hours mod?
Test Subject
#15 Old 11th Jan 2020 at 8:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mrzmary
After testing I found out that the number of credit hours passed for the previous degree already passed somehow SUMS with the number of credit hours needed for the new degree. So to overcome the bug, the mod should be replaced with the mod with greater number of credit hours.

Thank you. I tried it with 6 credits, so when I want another degree it's 2 credits only. But now my sim has no scholarships left and it doesn't allow me to apply for any, there is only an option to review scholarship pack but no apply for scholarships and I have maxed out some new skills so they get new scholarships but the option isn't showing. (It worked well with the first degree) Don't know if its a bug beacuse there are only 2 classes but they still cost 2x240 so my sims should be able to get a chance at scholarship.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 12th Jan 2020 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
So what happens if you already have the 8 credit hours mod?

I have added 16 credit hours flavour.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 13th Jan 2020 at 12:01 AM
It's a good mod but unfortunately I have problems with it in my game....
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 19th Jan 2020 at 10:21 AM
Thanks for this, I wasn't sure which one I had to download, though? I went with 16 credits, so hopefully, that's the right one. Do you mind maybe adding that into the description of the download so people are aware? Sorry, if you have done this and I missed it, I honestly didn't see it.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 4:06 PM
Default Safe to Download?
Is this working with the Tiny Houses patch? The TS4 Tracker says that it was updated on the 18th, but it doesn't reflect that here.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 1st Feb 2020 at 5:35 PM
Thanks for sharing and for crediting other modders for their work on similar mods. It's a pleasure to read some of the comments in this thread as they are so warm and full of mutual respect.
Test Subject
#21 Old 6th Feb 2020 at 1:09 PM
Does anyone know if this still continues to work after the February 4th patch?
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 2:33 AM
does this work with the newest patch?
Test Subject
#23 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MonicaChurch
does this work with the newest patch?

It's still working after the 1.63.136 patch
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 2:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Niqeyu
It's still working after the 1.63.136 patch

Thank you. I seem to have a problem with the mod though. when I leave and play another family, I return to the sim in uni and the menu is blank and they can't go back?
Test Subject
#25 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 4:33 AM
The mod seems to be broken after the July 8th update...
Page 1 of 2