Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 10:45 PM
Default What is the thing that you just can't stop downloading?
First of all, I finally have (some) time to play Sims 2 again!

Like the title says, what it the type of CC that you know you already have too much but just can't help and download even more? For me, it would definitely be plants and lights. I love them and I always want more! I'm always searching for some more, especially plants, I can't resist them. Maybe because I feel like most of the premade plants are lackluster, so I want more and more beautiful plants in my catalog. To be fair, I end up using most of my collection in every (detailed) garden I make, so it's just not hoarding for hoarding's sake. As for lights, when I start looking for some I usually end up in a binge dowloading session of cool lights, some of which I haven't used to this day yet. So that's worse, I guess.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 10:53 PM
Clothes. Endlessly downloading clothes.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 11:15 PM
Hair and clothes. I'd probably also download eyes if more were made nowadays but usually I just end up making them myself to suit my picky ass. I also have soft spot for neon lights. Do I use them? Nooo not really. But do I download every single one of them anyway? You bet.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 11:32 PM
Cosy-looking sweaters! I have some that have mesh problems when worn with with a lot of pants, but I don't get rid of them, I put them on sims and then hunt around to find those rare pants that don't clip. I have sweaters with textures that don't suit the rest of my game at all. I have sweaters with really nice textures, but on a skintight mesh.

I also really like plants (indoor and outdoor) and deco books to put on shelves.
Scholar
#5 Old 20th Jan 2020 at 11:43 PM
At the moment for me, it's recolors of literally everything there has been a lot of good ones done while I've been away from the game. I am limiting myself though to just one set from one creator, Michelle, cause she recolored like everything and I like stuff to match. I've also been updated and switching around my default files for both hair and clothes which I think counts as it's a lot of work to do for every age and gender and takes a lot of categorizing.

As far as stuff I have too much of and probably need to stop would be deco items. I love running Sim retail businesses and they need products to sell and every shop shouldn't sell the same thing. So yeah that seems to be the thing I just can't help myself from loading up on at the moment.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 12:04 AM
Anything that goes in the kitchen. Kitchens are my downfall!

aka fir3princ3ss
My Youtube Channel
Currently playing:
-Medieval Charter Challenge on The Sims 2
-Ye Olde Royal Kingdom Challenge on The Sims 3
Scholar
#7 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 12:26 AM
Maxis clothing age conversions! I love them all!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 12:42 AM
For me it goes periodically. Right now I am on furniture and furniture recolors. But I have downloaded a hair and clothes too.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 1:12 AM
Nice looking walls and floors. Mods..hacks, and sometimes lots. Plants are nice.
I've got more than enough clothes for everyone.

Oh, and once in a while a skin-but not many of those are realistic enough for me.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#10 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 1:20 AM
CUSTOM COLORED HAIR. And defaults, if that counts.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 1:28 AM
I like beddings. My thumbnails database doesn't.

I also like custom foods.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 1:38 AM
I can never resist an inhabited neighborhood. I have 33 hoods. I have just finished a 2 year project where I went through each of them and got them "ready" to play. I remodeled, if needed. I gave everyone makeovers, needed. I didn't download all those clothes to have all my Sims in Maxiwear! I've made a backup of this state of ready, and now I can restart any neighborhood from "ready" whenever I want to. I feel very accomplished!
Alchemist
#13 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 1:58 AM
Household clutter, especially decorative food containers that are simiish versions of real life brands. Simlish signs.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
Maxis clothing age conversions! I love them all!

This! And Maxis hair conversions too. Age and gender conversions for the win! Funcitonal objects too! If something works, I want it in my game! Anything converted from TS3, TS4, or TSM. I think I even have some things converted from TS1? And everything from all the Stories games. I want my game to be the full Sims game with all the Maxis content.

Also, speaking of functional, I'll pretty much download anything that is real BV jewellery.
And if there were more populated universities (I think there are only 2??) I'd take them all.
Theorist
#15 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 2:28 AM
The question:
What is the thing that you just can't stop downloading?

The answer:
Downloads :P

It's sometimes so easy to get sidetracked with downloads followin link to link to link. At times spend more time downloading stuff to put IN the game, that you don't have time left in the day to actually PLAY the game
Or if you do get the game loaded, then you
a) are to tired to want to unzip stuff and put it in the downloads so you start the game w/o all the goodies you've just spent hours gettin, or
b) you forget to unzip all the goodies you just spent hours downloading and start the game without them. It's not until you go to remodel a house, have a sim buy a new item, that you find that you've forgotten. You say you'll put them in before next play, but forget again so they sit in a folder collectin pixel dust.

Then someone posts a new link in the 'look what I found thread and you've off followin links again. :D
Forum Resident
#16 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 2:34 AM
Hair and clothes, walls and floors and windows and lighting for me. Just can't get enough of those.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 3:09 AM
I have so much hair that I compulsively downloaded like ten years ago that I have never gotten around to using.
Instructor
#18 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 9:55 AM
Definitely plants and all kind of decoration. I can’t stop… pls help me!
Mad Poster
#19 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 11:22 AM
Plants. Lights. Clothes. Hair. Walls. Floors. Building sets. Water features. Recolors of maxi stuff. Recolors of non-maxi stuff. Lots.
(That may be that, but I may have forgotten something ).
Mad Poster
#20 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 11:50 AM
Cemetery decor and other spooky stuff that I end up rarely using anyway.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 1:55 PM
Poseboxes. I have at least 300 in my game (which is probably a low estimate), possibly another 200+ hanging out and waiting to be put ingame, and at least 10-15 projects of my own going on, but whenever I see one I just have to have it...

Clothes. I know I have more than enough, probably will never use all of it, but still...
Hairs. Same story there.

Bedding recolors (regular, crib, Jonesi, etc.) - I have a ton, made even more a while back, and still continue downloading it. Speaking of, things slaved to the crib and Jonesi's bedding have a weird way of ending up in my game, too.

Anything even remotely medically related (for story purposes, I keep telling myself).

Clutter. Don't ask...
Field Researcher
#22 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 11:00 PM
I just went on a huge downloading spree. It all started with the ceilings... I figured, I need to get some white ceilings. Then I think I'll just get ALL the ceilings. Then I thought, hm, that NuMica table I like it but need more colors, so I looked and found colors plus repositories. Then... then I found Lua also did not just table, but basically everything in anna-similar matching colors. So. I just spent the past whatever-hours downloading, foldering, renaming every single recolor she got, even though quite a few items already have sufficient recolors, because a) they match b) having extras is better than accidentally having close to none. So. My Downloads just inflated a bit.

I'm a young adult in poor health, trying to heal enough to complete my goals.
This is the song that never ends ~ It goes on and on my friends ~
my first ToT Challenge (which is actually indefinitely hiatus, I'm in a different TOT hood now)
Mad Poster
#24 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nottakenaway
Then... then I found Lua also did not just table, but basically everything in anna-similar matching colors. So. I just spent the past whatever-hours downloading, foldering, renaming every single recolor she got

Someone said anna-s... I know what I will do next several hours...
Field Researcher
#25 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 2:53 AM
...Well, there's nothing I'd say I can't stop downloading, but anything that fixes or complements Maxis content, like Michelle's GrassCo Folding Dining Chair or HugeLunatic's NL Photo Booth Fix, makes me sit up and pay attention.

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Page 1 of 2