Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New Pet Genetics - No More Skinny Clones [UPDATE 5/12/2020: New Flavors!]

by LittleCheshire Posted 2nd Apr 2020 at 9:49 AM - Updated 22nd Jul 2020 at 9:15 PM by LittleCheshire

12 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2020 at 10:51 AM
thank you
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd Apr 2020 at 4:27 PM
Wow, love this mod. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd Apr 2020 at 8:01 PM
This is exactly what I've been wanting, thank you!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 3rd Apr 2020 at 5:52 PM
I've waited so long for this mod. Life saver!! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 10th May 2020 at 3:11 AM
Oh bless your soul. This is an issue that's been bothering me forever. Highly appreciated <3
Test Subject
#7 Old 16th Aug 2020 at 4:21 AM
When I downloaded it nothing seems to be happening. I downloaded no more skinny clones but I'm still receiving them. Any way to fix this issue? Does this mod conflict with any other mods? If so I'm sure that's the problem. I really hope I can get this to work, because this mod seems super cool!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Aug 2020 at 6:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ploffzu
When I downloaded it nothing seems to be happening. I downloaded no more skinny clones but I'm still receiving them. Any way to fix this issue? Does this mod conflict with any other mods? If so I'm sure that's the problem. I really hope I can get this to work, because this mod seems super cool!

@Ploffzu
Hey! I just did some testing and the mod seems to work perfectly fine for me on my end. My suggestions:
  • Check to see if the mod is properly installed. It should be in your mod folder's packages folder.
  • Delete your game's caches before starting your game with the mod installed: Delete Cache Files
  • Start a new save/game with the mod installed to see if anything's changed.
  • As you said, the mod might be conflicting with something! This mod is a tuning mod and edits the PetPregnancy XML file, this will conflict with mods that also edit that XML.
Please let me know if this helps!

Oh c'mon. There better be a point to all this stress I'm under.
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 2:06 AM
Is it possible to have a high chance of pets being individual (like 75%) and also to have a lower chance of them being identical but not always a skinny version (like 25%)? Cuz that would be perfect for me. If not I am all good with one of the other ones.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 27th Jan 2021 at 3:52 PM
Finally! It's so disapointing breeding two pets that you've worked so hard on in CAS just for their offspring to be bland or near clones of one parent. I'm so happy to get some variety!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Mar 2021 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Crystaltail
Is it possible to have a high chance of pets being individual (like 75%) and also to have a lower chance of them being identical but not always a skinny version (like 25%)? Cuz that would be perfect for me. If not I am all good with one of the other ones.

Unfortunately, no. Or at least, not to my knowledge; with the way the game is programmed, "clones" i.e exactly identical puppies/kittens come from being the same "egg" as defined in the game's code and will always be skinny. However, I've noticed that even if you're using this mod sometimes there will be times where puppies/kittens in a litter can look very similar, so in theory you could get identical pets but they won't be skinny. Hope this answered your question!

Oh c'mon. There better be a point to all this stress I'm under.
Test Subject
#12 Old 18th Mar 2022 at 7:01 PM
I love this mod so much, but as someone who plays around with the pet genetics a lot, is there any way to make the random brown markings that the offspring usually get not appear anymore? Or something to make the genetics a bit more tidy, because the parent's markings usually go all over the place when passed down, instead of them staying more or less the same (ex a marking on the mother's face appearing on the pup's leg)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 26th May 2022 at 3:37 AM Last edited by BuuberriKat : 8th Jun 2022 at 11:24 PM.
Does this mess with the Pregnancy XML files? I did download other mods for pregnancy but they were only for my sims and not my pets, but does that still effect this mod?