Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 5:23 AM
Default Re assigning bones on older hairs
Hi: I'm trying to fix some bone assignment on some old hair. I like some of the older hairs except the bone assignment is kind of funky and was wondering if there is a way to reassign the bones? Is there an auto function in milkshape which would do the job? Many thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 11:18 AM
I could be wrong, but I think you have to do it manually. There is a tutorial here if you're interested
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vegan_kaktus
I could be wrong, but I think you have to do it manually. There is a tutorial here if you're interested
Ja , it sounds doable and too bad there's no auto assign. I thought either milkshape or blender would have such as I 've seen very high poly meshes with bone assigned must be difficult to select those tightly webbed vertices if done manually I think. Thanks anyway i'll give it a try.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 4:53 PM
Reassigning bones on hairs is "easy" compared to doing it on body meshes. There's a lot fewer joints to worry about, and the method isn't difficult - but could be a bit tedious depending on the hair. There's no need for an auto tool (and the auto tools, especially in Milkshape, lack some fine-tuning. Not sure if Blender is any better).
Forum Resident
#5 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 3:23 PM
This is bit late reply but you can use Cmar’s Mesh Tool Kit and its WSO tools for doing hair too, here's Julie J's tutorial about it. Problem is that older hairs tend to be in multiple groups and merging them into one would lead to transparencies and likely also other glitches (black spots for example) It's still possible to use the tool to do hairs with multiple groups though, you just need to export the groups one by one and when importing them back to milkshape always rename so it won't merge with the earlier group(s)