Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2020 at 10:30 PM Last edited by Monsieur_Oshima : 25th Jul 2020 at 2:41 PM.
Default new kettle - BG compatible?
Lately (well... on and off for a while actually) I've been working on functional kettles, cloned from the BG coffeemaker. I still need to tweak a few details but the project is almost done.
However I am playing with all EPs and SPs, and before uploading I would like to check whether these new objects work fine with the basegame. After installing and uninstalling it several times, I can't for the life of me get the AnyGame Starter to work for my game though. Would anyone be willing to test these kettles in a basegame environment for me?

Here is the expected behaviour: The kettles are categorized as small appliances, and cost §85. Sims should be able to first "boil water" (by pressing an imaginary button...) and then "drink tea", which triggers the pouring animation. I only edited the pie menu strings and replaced the "make coffee" animation because i thought it looked silly for a kettle, but otherwise it should basically work exactly as a coffee machine.

[update 25/07/20] : I edited the files following HL's advice and attached the new version to this post!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  oshima_kettles_V2.rar (168.1 KB, 10 downloads)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 6:39 PM
Oshima-san, I'll give it a try with base game only and then report the results to this thread.

From now on I'm just a lurker, the sad truth about the Orwellian status of the sims community is not "off-topic" neither is "politics".
Check part of my current (non sims) creations at my J.R.'s Angels page
Field Researcher
#3 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 9:41 PM
@Monsieur_Oshima sorry my friend, it does not load in my game, as additional detail, I put it in a sub-folder where all other objects work well and prior to load the game, I deleted all cache files, I didn't give up yet, later I'll try putting it directly to my downloads folder.

From now on I'm just a lurker, the sad truth about the Orwellian status of the sims community is not "off-topic" neither is "politics".
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 10:19 PM
Ah crap! well it seems that there's still some work to be done... I'll look into it this weekend. Thanks a lot for testing @jotaerre !
Field Researcher
#5 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 12:14 AM
You're welcome! looking forward to test the next version.

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Field Researcher
#7 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 4:06 AM
So cool, I forgot about that detail in SimPE, here is the culprit:

I'll edit both files and try again, thank you so much @HugeLunatic anyways Oshima-san has to edit the original ones.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 12:35 PM Last edited by Monsieur_Oshima : 25th Jul 2020 at 2:44 PM.
I was in the process of re-cloning the coffeemaker with BG settings in SimPE and doing everything over again, but if it works by only editing this value that would be great! thank you for the tip

[Edit] updated the first post with the new edited files following HL's tutorial
Field Researcher
#9 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 5:03 PM Last edited by jotaerre : 26th Jul 2020 at 3:54 AM.
@Monsieur_Oshima on my end I followed the recommendations @HugeLunatic kindly gave us:
On both files.
1.- Edited the object data in the apart 0x0001 Version 1 and apart 0x0040 valid EP flags.
2.- Edited 4 of the BHAVS to change the format to 0x8007, all other BHAVS were good.
And it worked, here are the results:

It appears in the object bin.

Menus appear on the object

Interactions work.

Drink tea: (of course boil water also work)

Juggle mugs:

In the other kettle it's the same:

The part I didn't like, the drink tea interaction is too long and after it finish, the sim gets a sort of tic in the head that stands up to when sim gets a thought bubble about another thing, it can be a long wait for it to happen, the Juggle interaction seems to be infinite, in both tests I had to cancel the interaction after a very long wait.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 5:58 PM
Yay it worked! I'm glad it was that simple to fix. Thanks a lot @jotaerre and @HugeLunatic for the help

Quote: Originally posted by jotaerre
The part I didn't like, the drink tea interaction is too long and after it finish, the sim gets a sort of tic in the head that stands up to when sim gets a thought bubble about another thing, it can be a long wait for it to happen, the Juggle interaction seems to be infinite, in both tests I had to cancel the interaction after a very long wait.

As far as I know that is vanilla coffeemaker behaviour, i did not edit these interactions: if Sims drink too much coffee when they're not tired they get twitches
Field Researcher
#11 Old 26th Jul 2020 at 1:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Monsieur_Oshima
Yay it worked! I'm glad it was that simple to fix. Thanks a lot @jotaerre and @HugeLunatic for the help

Yeah, it's already base game compatible, lets celebrate! I'll wait for the official release to replace the files in my DL folder.

Quote: Originally posted by Monsieur_Oshima
As far as I know that is vanilla coffeemaker behaviour, i did not edit these interactions: if Sims drink too much coffee when they're not tired they get twitches

The last time I used that coffeemaker was about 10 years ago, then I cannot remember what happened in that time.