Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 3:50 AM Last edited by suceress : 1st Aug 2020 at 6:19 AM.
Default Teknikah's Sprinkler bucket recolors- seems to override original & cause it to not work
So, I attempted to make some recolors of Teknikah's Sprinkler bucket CC.
Once I got Sims4Studio to find the file via "Create Standalone Recolor" option, I went to recoloring. I noted that the first texture I put in kept overwriting the original texture so there were 2 instances of the same texture no matter what I did. For some reason the 2nd texture was always the exact same as the 1st and the 1st one stopped letting me import dds images to it after I made the 2nd swatch. When I tested it in my game I found that there were 2 separate objects (the original and my recolors) but they both had the wood recolor.
Additionally, it seems that the recoloring may have stopped the object from functioning and I'm not sure why. When I tested the object before recoloring it worked fine. Now it no longer has any interactions available.
I'm not sure what I did wrong.
I would like for @Teknikah to be able to add these textures/recolors to the original so other people can use them.
I'm uploading the recolor package file, the dds files, the thumbnail images, and a text file with the color codes for the swatches. I threw in a dark colored metal bucket as well as wood buckets.
Can anyone tell me if these work or if its just me? Maybe some other CC I have is conflicting? It worked with Serinion's Ablution bucket installed before I tried to recolor. Could it have something to do with the file being flagged in "debug" mode when I searched for it in S4S?

Screenshot of the wood recolors:
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Teknikah's Sprinkler Bucket Recolors.rar (502.6 KB, 18 downloads)
Description: DDS, thumbnails, package file, & txt w/ swatch color codes
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 9:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by suceress
So, I attempted to make some recolors of Teknikah's Sprinkler bucket CC.
Once I got Sims4Studio to find the file via "Create Standalone Recolor" option, I went to recoloring. I noted that the first texture I put in kept overwriting the original texture so there were 2 instances of the same texture no matter what I did. For some reason the 2nd texture was always the exact same as the 1st and the 1st one stopped letting me import dds images to it after I made the 2nd swatch. When I tested it in my game I found that there were 2 separate objects (the original and my recolors) but they both had the wood recolor.

Hmmm, I see the problem. I have no idea why that's happening. Googled it but came up with nothing.
I've compared the object definition and catalogue details with a seperate mod of mine with 3 different colour swatches. It looks mostly the same, I can't pinpoint what's causing the override of the 1-2 swatches.
I think the compromise at the moment is just keeping 2 of the original colour, doesn't really impact anything as it's just the same swatch duplicated, but it allows the others to have their own textures.

]Additionally, it seems that the recoloring may have stopped the object from functioning and I'm not sure why. When I tested the object before recoloring it worked fine. Now it no longer has any interactions available.
I'm not sure what I did wrong.

I checked your file, you are actually missing my altered object tuning. It's trying to pull "Teknikah: fire_sprinkler_box" for it's functions but it's not there for it to find.

I'm going to test out an update of my original file with the extra swatches and see if it works alright
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 12:59 PM Last edited by suceress : 1st Aug 2020 at 8:26 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Teknikah
Hmmm, I see the problem. I have no idea why that's happening. Googled it but came up with nothing.
I've compared the object definition and catalogue details with a seperate mod of mine with 3 different colour swatches. It looks mostly the same, I can't pinpoint what's causing the override of the 1-2 swatches.
I think the compromise at the moment is just keeping 2 of the original colour, doesn't really impact anything as it's just the same swatch duplicated, but it allows the others to have their own textures.

I checked your file, you are actually missing my altered object tuning. It's trying to pull "Teknikah: fire_sprinkler_box" for it's functions but it's not there for it to find.

I'm going to test out an update of my original file with the extra swatches and see if it works alright

Thanks. That is very strange that it is missing the tuning. I didn't change anything to do with tuning and I even deleted the files I had extracted and re-extracted the file from the zip. I think your solution of keeping the 1st 2 swatches in metal is a good idea. I'm currently working on improving the textures to have the metal ring make more sense in it's location and size. Adding a 2nd ring and figured out where to add texture for the inside of the bucket.
No idea how the tuning could have been erased unless S4S removed it somehow.

I just checked & I see the original object has the tuning file but the recolor doesn't. Would I need to change the instance code if I added the tuning back in (to avoid overwriting your file)? I'm tempted to just take the original & add the recolors to it & test it to see if that works without removing the tuning. I think it's trying to call upon the file but it's somehow getting it backwards and having your file call upon the recolor instead. Maybe it's because they both use the Outdoor Retreat mesh? Or did you clone the mesh so it doesn't need it?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 2:38 PM
Thanks. That is very strange that it is missing the tuning. I didn't change anything to do with tuning and I even deleted the files I had extracted and re-extracted the file from the zip. I think your solution of keeping the 1st 2 swatches in metal is a good idea. I'm currently working on improving the textures to have the metal ring make more sense in it's location and size. Adding a 2nd ring and figured out where to add texture for the inside of the bucket.
No idea how the tuning could have been erased unless S4S removed it somehow.

I just checked & I see the original object has the tuning file but the recolor doesn't. Would I need to change the instance code if I added the tuning back in (to avoid overwriting your file)? I'm tempted to just take the original & add the recolors to it & test it to see if that works without removing the tuning. I think it's trying to call upon the file but it's somehow getting it backwards and having your file call upon the recolor instead. Maybe it's because they both use the Outdoor Retreat mesh? Or did you clone the mesh so it doesn't need it?

@suceress
Sorry it took me so long to reply, I didn't get any notifications for this message or anything.
All I did initially was clone the bucket, and change its function to a sprinkler. Then I made that function work OTG and added collect water interactions.
If you like you can just upload your textures here if you can and @ me so I get a notification. I'll go into my file and add your textures and upload that. That okay with you?
Obviously I'd credit you for the texture work.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 6:42 AM
@suceress
Sorry it took me so long to reply, I didn't get any notifications for this message or anything.
All I did initially was clone the bucket, and change its function to a sprinkler. Then I made that function work OTG and added collect water interactions.
If you like you can just upload your textures here if you can and @ me so I get a notification. I'll go into my file and add your textures and upload that. That okay with you?

No problem on the delay.
That would be great!
I'm currently working on my textures but having trouble focusing due to very bad toothache. Need to have a tooth pulled but earliest they can do it is a few weeks & I have an exposed nerve so it's hell right now.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Aug 2020 at 8:56 AM
@suceress

@Teknikah
Now that my meds are working & I don't feel like I'm being stabbed in the face from the inside, I've got a bunch of recolors. I found that when I didn't touch the first two colors it didn't mess up the bucket & it functioned in a fresh game. Still can't figure out why it would overwrite, so I'm uploading the folder with the dds files, pngs for thumbnails, preview pics, text file with color swatch info in case there is any trouble with that (although, feel free to change any swatches you feel don't match up with the color of the bucket).

I didn't like the lighter color bands on the buckets so I ditched those versions. I ditched the versions with the smooth interior as well. I also added a darker metal bucket, two cast iron buckets (one with a rope handle), the original buckets with a single dark band around it and some with rope handles. Then I did more color variations with 2 bands around the bucket and some have rope handles.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Wood Bucket Recolors.rar (6.25 MB, 5 downloads)
Field Researcher
#7 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 4:53 PM
Now that my meds are working & I don't feel like I'm being stabbed in the face from the inside, I've got a bunch of recolors. I found that when I didn't touch the first two colors it didn't mess up the bucket & it functioned in a fresh game. Still can't figure out why it would overwrite, so I'm uploading the folder with the dds files, pngs for thumbnails, preview pics, text file with color swatch info in case there is any trouble with that (although, feel free to change any swatches you feel don't match up with the color of the bucket).

I didn't like the lighter color bands on the buckets so I ditched those versions. I ditched the versions with the smooth interior as well. I also added a darker metal bucket, two cast iron buckets (one with a rope handle), the original buckets with a single dark band around it and some with rope handles. Then I did more color variations with 2 bands around the bucket and some have rope handles.

@Suceress
I've added all the recolours to the main file and uploaded the new version
I've credted you (in the catalogue description, update notes, description)
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 5:17 PM
@Suceress
I've added all the recolours to the main file and uploaded the new version
I've credted you (in the catalogue description, update notes, description)

Excellent! I hope it wasn't difficult to get all of the swatches & everything added. I just did recolors of Serinion's bucket (using the same textures) & uploaded. I linked to your thread as "related". I hope it worked. First time I've uploaded content in years. The wizard happened to be broken for awhile but they fixed it.