Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 10:45 PM
Default Recoloring Publishable Books
Recently, I wrote a non-fiction book that was supposed to be about business law and it had a yellow cover with a high heel on it. I decided I was going to recolor the non-fiction books to be more neutral for their genre. Something with just a single color. I can't seem to find them in the Sims 4 Studio however. Can anyone tell me how I would go about finding these textures?

Come to the dark side. We have cookies.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 12:30 AM Last edited by Iced Cream : 3rd Aug 2020 at 12:48 AM.
  1. Open sims 4 studio
  2. Click the "Object" button
  3. Check the "Show Debug Items" option next to the search bar
  4. type the following into the search bar: bookgencraft
All normal crafted book types will be displayed in the object selection area.

If you want to edit other types of books, type bookgen into the search bar instead to get every normal book type in the game to display.

Other relevant search terms:
  • genmag will display the generated magazine and magic books from spa day and realm of magic.
  • genalch will display the alchemy books from realm of magic.
  • ep08gen will display the university books and university skill books (among all the other crafted stuff from that pack).
  • gen will show all crafted and generated items (spawned items, tombstones, grown plants).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Iced Cream
  1. Open sims 4 studio
  2. Click the "Object" button
  3. Check the "Show Debug Items" option next to the search bar
  4. type the following into the search bar: bookgencraft
All normal crafted book types will be displayed in the object selection area.

If you want to edit other types of books, type bookgen into the search bar instead to get every normal book type in the game to display.

Other relevant search terms:
  • genmag will display the generated magazine and magic books from spa day and realm of magic.
  • genalch will display the alchemy books from realm of magic.
  • ep08gen will display the university books and university skill books (among all the other crafted stuff from that pack).
  • gen will show all crafted and generated items (spawned items, tombstones, grown plants).

Thank you very much for taking the time to explain this to me. I found them now. I never would have found this on my own. I was looking in the initially generated objects in the first menu. You are awesome.

Come to the dark side. We have cookies.