Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Will Loyd Wright DollHouse Now Recolourable *Updated 2007-04-04*

by SnowStorm Posted 11th Jun 2005 at 2:05 AM - Updated 5th Nov 2008 at 1:07 PM by -Maylin-

50 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 48 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th Jun 2005 at 2:16 AM
WOW thanks so much Snow!
Test Subject
#3 Old 11th Jun 2005 at 2:37 AM
This is so cool, I hoped someone would get around to this.
Downloading now.
Your the best
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 11th Jun 2005 at 3:12 AM
that is so awesome thank you so much and when you think it couldnt be done it can thanks for doing :D
Test Subject
#5 Old 11th Jun 2005 at 3:41 AM
Thank you so much! It's great to have a choice
#6 Old 11th Jun 2005 at 7:38 AM
Looks great-downloading- Thanks!
Firestarter
#7 Old 11th Jun 2005 at 7:48 AM
I think you can fix the reverting when smashed. It should be some setting that is telling it to use the default and it needs to be set to false. It's in there somewhere. My cloned dollhouse doesn't revert. I had made sure to test it with a sim smashing it and it looked the same brown color I did. So it's definitely a default setting. You need to have Numenor look at this. Once that's fixed, it can be put into CEP. Great work!
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Jun 2005 at 1:09 PM
Well your brown house was a clone correct? So it's default was the brown would be my guess. Having Numenor look at it is a good idea though.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 11th Jun 2005 at 1:11 PM
Oh man! This is the best thing ever! You are my new hero!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 11th Jun 2005 at 1:34 PM
This is so cool, I wanted this forever! Now everybody pleeeaaasseee come up with some more recolours soon! :D

learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 11th Jun 2005 at 2:05 PM
Awww thats sweet thanks.

PM x

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤øPrincess Maria°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø

Who said a Princess had to be beautiful?
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#12 Old 11th Jun 2005 at 9:46 PM
Hooray! I can just imagine you trying to fall asleep with images of unrecolourable dolls houses floating through your mind hehe. Great work Snow and thanks for being so persistent!

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Jun 2005 at 9:50 PM
It's the darn dreams of trying to recolour it was the problem!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 12th Jun 2005 at 4:26 AM
Wow, great job, SnowStorm.

Suzanne
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 12th Jun 2005 at 5:53 AM
I was just wondering... there was this "Charmed" dollhouse in an episode of charmed, do you think you could make it?
#16 Old 12th Jun 2005 at 12:27 PM
hiyaa snowtorm wkd work where else do you download your downloads from
thankz
xXx
Scholar
#17 Old 12th Jun 2005 at 1:46 PM
fantastic! thanks so much!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#18 Old 12th Jun 2005 at 9:01 PM
The broken dollhouse can't be recoloured. Or, to be correct, it can be recoloured, but separately from the non-broken version.
The most you can do is to set up the package so that you can manually recolour the broken house (after it was smashed!) using the Design Tool. As you might guess, this solution is... useless.
What you want to do, and that (afaik) can't be done, is to instruct the game to choose for the broken house the same recolour that you had applied to the integer house.

The reason is the following.
<Technical>
When the house is smashed down, the game swaps the CRES: in the "Event - Crush House" BHAV, at node 2, there is the instruction "Stack Object's 0x0000 Assign To: Literal Value 0x0002". This instruction assign to the Stack Object's "graphic" (i.e. the CRES) the value 2; and in TextList 0x85, in position 2, there is the "broken" CRES.
As soon as the CRES is swapped, the game redraws the house using the SHPE referenced in the new CRES, and using the MATD referenced in the new SHPE: and in the new SHPE are referenced only the default materials. Therefore (as you guessed), the broken house doesn't revert to original, but simply is drawn using the clone's default colour.
</Technical>

For this very same reason, RGiles and I decided not to include the dollhouse into the CEP: we thought then (but actually I've changed my mind, now) that it would be ugly to see the house reverting to original when smashed.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 7:53 PM Last edited by windkeeper : 14th Jun 2005 at 7:58 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
For this very same reason, RGiles and I decided not to include the dollhouse into the CEP: we thought then (but actually I've changed my mind, now) that it would be ugly to see the house reverting to original when smashed.

Looks like there is a demand on the market for recolored dollhouses . It's better to include it in CEP and just note the exception. Btw, I cloned it twice already, made into different objects - those work fine, including the broken stage, only they are not recolorable.

The other object not included into CEP is "nine lives" water plant, thought I understand why it's not included - three separate mesh files in one package that are randomly chosen by the game. Though they still refer to one texture. I'd like to see that one included as well, I made a whole bunch of pond objects based on that plant (including fresh water shark) and will be making more

Nice work on this one, SnowStorm!
Field Researcher
#20 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 8:04 PM
great, love it, we were waiting for this to come, hopefully you make em in whites too, thanks for sharing and the hard work...
Forum Resident
#21 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 8:35 PM
Thanks so much... I wonder why the original can't be coloured! :bump:

Life is random - expect the unexpected!
Sims 3 Creations
The ModFather
retired moderator
#22 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 10:12 PM
For the reason I've explained above: when broken, it reverts to original.
But I'm going to add it to the CEP when the next EP comes out (with this "known issue").
Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
For the reason I've explained above: when broken, it reverts to original.
But I'm going to add it to the CEP when the next EP comes out (with this "known issue").

You'll make alot of people happy then.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 4:28 PM
i needed more toys in the sims
great work thank you
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 4:09 PM Last edited by tabbylou : 17th Jun 2005 at 4:58 PM.
Great Job, I really enjoyed doing the recolors. Thanks again, I admire you gals & guys who can mesh, I've been trying to no avail, but I have not given up, I just go back to recoloring til another time..... :howdy:

PS I do not know how to link to my recolors, so just click on my name to see my posts.... :D
Page 1 of 3