Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New Mesh - Rather lumpy Arabic or Medieval Dress

by bettye Posted 23rd Sep 2005 at 10:46 AM

35 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 1:28 PM Last edited by farismyaye : 23rd Sep 2005 at 1:32 PM.
Thanks!

This is a jubah, by the way! ;-)

Republic Polytechnic
Field Researcher
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 3:52 PM
thanks a lot! are you planning to do it for teens and elders?

Sorry for my bad English!
Currently making this sims (by request): Blink 182, Benji Madden and Agatha Ruiz de la Prada Clothing.
Not by request: Sum 41, the Rest of Good Charlotte, Mike Dirnt
Do you want more? For request and suggestions please PM me!!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 4:12 PM
Hmm . . . if you converted this to a male form, would make a great wizard's robe for Raistlin . . . WE NEED WIZARD'S ROBES!!!

And of course it's a beautiful jubah as is . . . ;^)

Back playing Sims 2 after 10 years . . .
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 4:56 PM
hi thanks , im arabic and we call this an abaya
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 5:28 PM Last edited by Selrach : 23rd Sep 2005 at 5:32 PM.
Wow! Thank you very much Very nice indeed and looks wonderful. BTW, what is your recolor policy?
Instructor
#7 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 5:50 PM
I had arabic students in my high school, and some of them were really quite fashionable in terms of the fit of their robes and the fabric. It'd be nice to see a slightly more form-fitting robe w/ nice fabrics.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 5:54 PM
Am I allowed to recolour?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 7:13 PM Last edited by bettye : 24th Sep 2005 at 2:19 AM.
This was made by request and based on the pictures provided to me...and also on my personal knowledge of a TRADITIONAL Arabic dress. I am sure there are many variations of it, but this is the one requested.

Yes recoloring is allowed...just give me credit for the mesh. Sorry I did not mention it. I've been trying for 3 days to get it to upload and when it finally did at about 3 am this morning I was so sleepy I could not remember what I wanted to say about it.

Re the Wizard robe...I have made a mesh which should work .... I'll upload it in the next few days.

I can give elder and teen versions a try.

Sorry about not knowing the name...my experiences with Muslim dress are from Afghanistan where they do not wear the same thing at all.

"Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read" Groucho Marx
Instructor
#10 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 10:03 PM
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 10:41 PM
Beautiful as always, Bettye. I am glad you're continuing your efforts in bringing more diveristy to the the Sims 2. We could all use some. Thanks Again!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 24th Sep 2005 at 6:21 AM
Raistlin was the first thing I thought when I saw it also. ty I can really use this.
Test Subject
#13 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 9:27 AM
Yup Arabs call it abaya! good job!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 26th Sep 2005 at 5:50 AM
hey...i am arabain... and we call it abayai too..... i am muslim ... great i will download it now
Test Subject
#15 Old 27th Sep 2005 at 2:06 PM
hmm me i just call it a jelbab but maybe thats cuz im African muslim

Life is like a play ground so why are you not playing in it like the Sims!
Test Subject
#16 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 1:46 AM
Nice. I like it.

"Maybe in lying, I am showing the truth." Josh Hedgefield, a.k.a. Me.
"I will continue to be lost and confused still." NJKay
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 2:25 AM
Yay! Thanks!

I might give some recolors a shot.

Is spying really as bad as it sounds? C'mon. They're in your thoughts. You're in their bushes. It evens out.
Test Subject
#18 Old 7th Oct 2005 at 8:44 AM
Wow, this is just what I wanted!! I was going to make a muslim couple when I realized that there were no good clothing for them.
Now all I need is one of these, but for men
Thanks!

Don't worry, be happy!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 7:35 PM
bettye:

Can't wait to see the wizard robe!!!!!!! *squeals with glee!*

Back playing Sims 2 after 10 years . . .
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#21 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 11:13 PM
you can get tons of muslim/arabic stuff on MTS2 - just search!

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#22 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 12:02 AM
cool abaya, luv it!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 4:00 PM
wow every person here is arabain :D
Test Subject
#24 Old 25th Nov 2005 at 5:25 AM
This is great!! I am just tickled pink to finally find a decent jilbab. It's also nice to see a lot of other Arabic-speaking folks here. I hope to see more middle eastern clothes. Even some Jewish stuff would be nice. My Sim neighborhood is really diverse and I'm on the (for now) fruitless hunt for Jewish Sims clothes. Oh well! At least I came across this! Thanks Bettye!!

ma'a salaama
Test Subject
#25 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 1:07 PM
Hi bettye, can i place a request for a special form of your middle eastern robe which is perhaps slightly longer and free flowing, less lumpy (ie one that doesnt appear too fat or too tight for that matter), and also splits in the middle to show underlying clothing? In short, the robe should be more of an overcoat (that works as a 'top') while the 'bottom' part can be a pair of jeans, long skirt, or others that can be changed. Hope it's not too difficult to make! And yes, it's black!
Page 1 of 2