Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2007 at 3:58 AM
Default lifestores is kinda a short story.
I finished Rileys story, I noticed the built in stories are very short, then its just like the other sims game, to me its not worth $40.00, I bought it for the stories not the free play, I can do that with the sims 2
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 9th Feb 2007 at 9:05 AM
Well I finally bought it and that was for the stories also. The stories do seem short, but I am still in the early stages of Riley's life. In fact, I am playing right now. I am at the park with Riley and Mikey. But still, it's nice that you get the stick with Riley and Vince. That way you get to see them have children. Who's knows. Maybe there might be a clue to the mysterious Bella Goth for some fans on The Sims 2 BBS.
#3 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 10:39 AM
I don't personally have Life Stories [yet] but the game was mostly designed for those who are new to the sim-series. I don't think it's meant to be overly in depth. I think the stories are meant mostly for an entertaining tutorial. Although, knowing myself, I'll probably still buy it, even though I don't need it....
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 2:46 PM
Oh, yes! These stories are too short... And missions like 'talk to ???' isn't a challenge either... err Can anyone tell me, why on earth I decided to pay so much for such a small game?

I think I was hoping for a bigger story, and a few real challenges...
Hint to EAGames (not that they ever will read this but you can always try no?): Next time try something called 'Legacy Challenge' as a story!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 10:25 PM
Well I like the game. It just makes me angry that the game could run so smoothly with the graphics on high. I makes me wonder why The Sims 2 couldn't be like that.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#6 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 11:03 PM
Because there's more to it.
Test Subject
#7 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 5:04 PM
I would definitely say after now playing both "life stories" stories that it is simply a tutorial. I got excited thinking it would be like desperate housewives choose your own adventure style type game. Unfortunately it lacks any real story you just have to do what they tell you to do exactly like the tutorial! That's my two cents, a definite short story, if you can call it a story at all.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 8:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FreakAboutSims
Well I like the game. It just makes me angry that the game could run so smoothly with the graphics on high. I makes me wonder why The Sims 2 couldn't be like that.

I didn't buy/test/play it, but I knew it would be like The Sims 2.5 by reading some of the previews. :P

And Maxis simply wouldn't spend man power to upgrade it because it would only cost them money to do it.

Live for today, learn from yesterday, and dream of tomorrow.
A being under construction -- Even so, come.