Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th May 2024 at 12:26 AM Last edited by DemonBorn : 20th May 2024 at 11:31 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Edit: I solved all my problems with the cc potions made better. Thanks guys.
So, I followed the instructions on midges page to add a new custom potion to the mod "cc potions made better", where sims can make cc potions in the cauldron and sell them. I did all that, but when I went to test it, the pie menu worked and she started making the potion, but when it finished it never gave a notification saying she finished the potion and didn't put it in her inventory. Did I do something wrong? I put in some images with the guid of the potion and the things I added to the bcon
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th May 2024 at 5:57 AM
Are you sure that's the right GUID? The OBJD says it's a sculpture.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th May 2024 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Are you sure that's the right GUID? The OBJD says it's a sculpture.

That's the thing, I don't know. When I go into the file for the vial to the object data resouce, that is what shows up. I assumed it was correct, and the the vase identifier was what it was before it became the vial. Is there a different place to find the guid of the object or was I correct in the location?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th May 2024 at 5:38 PM
Did you turn debug mode on and see if there was an error?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th May 2024 at 6:49 PM
I checked the vial o'health vs one of Pandora's potions and I think your problem is that the vial o'health isn't actually a potion. It's listed under PaintingGlobals and it shows up under Object Data as a vase. Whereas Pandora's potion shows up as a potion under Object Data and it doesn't even have a semi global.

So I don't think that it was intended to work as a potion; which might be why it doesn't work with the cauldron.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th May 2024 at 7:46 PM Last edited by DemonBorn : 20th May 2024 at 8:28 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I checked the vial o'health vs one of Pandora's potions and I think your problem is that the vial o'health isn't actually a potion. It's listed under PaintingGlobals and it shows up under Object Data as a vase. Whereas Pandora's potion shows up as a potion under Object Data and it doesn't even have a semi global.

So I don't think that it was intended to work as a potion; which might be why it doesn't work with the cauldron.

In an attempt to figure this out, I asked someone who tried adding the potion on reddit if it worked for them and if they could send me their files. They said it worked, and allowed me to download it but when I tried their files the same thing happened.

But I think I just figured it out. It was a conflict with the 42 new lifetime wants. Stupid me forgot to check for conflicts. Now I gotta see if theres a way around this or if I gotta get rid of something.

Eta: There was! I can now successfully craft the potion! But I still can't sell it. I'll make another reply once I try some more testing. Also, the selling failed with the redditors version too.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th May 2024 at 9:57 PM Last edited by DemonBorn : 20th May 2024 at 11:29 PM.
So I deleted the cauldron, bought a new one from the witch, and deleted the potions in her inventory and tried making the potion again, couldn't sell it. Tried making another witch and had him make it only for him not to be able to sell it too. Midge in her how to tune post said that all we had to do was repeat step one, so I tried "refreshing" it in SimPE by deleting a digit for the guid and reinputting it, commiting, then saving. Confirmed that the guid in the selling mod is the exact same in the crafting mod. Nope. Also, I downloaded a custom potion that midge mentioned was pre-added or supported by the mod already, and that worked so the conflict wouldn't be with actually selling the potions. It just won't register the Vial o'health. I'll probably try adding a new custom potion to the mod (not already supported) to see if it's literally just the vial or if all custom potions I add will fail to sell. I will edit this post when I finish doing that.

ETA: I finally figured it out! I forgot to change the number of potions in the selling thing. In the crafting mod, the number of potions was 21 originally, and I changed it to 22, like I was supposed to. But I didn't do the same to the selling, because it was 22 and my brain went: "22? I guess it already updated it?" not knowing or even thinking about checking if it was originally 22 and I add to change it to 23. But I did that and it's all good now.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 21st May 2024 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity

I don't think there's anything in midge's mod that requires the object to actually be a potion, it's just putting it in sims' inventories, which should work just fine with any object regardless of its semiglobal. It sounds like maybe there was a GUID conflict.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 21st May 2024 at 3:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DemonBorn
ETA: I finally figured it out! I forgot to change the number of potions in the selling thing. In the crafting mod, the number of potions was 21 originally, and I changed it to 22, like I was supposed to. But I didn't do the same to the selling, because it was 22 and my brain went: "22? I guess it already updated it?" not knowing or even thinking about checking if it was originally 22 and I add to change it to 23. But I did that and it's all good now.

I've done that with clothing recolours, so I feel your pain. XD

Glad that you got it working!