Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 3:30 AM
Question on status of modding with recent patches--I've been gone for a while.
Hey all,

I haven't been on this site in ages, and just got TS3 reinstalled on my machine. I made a "NoShoo" core mod a long time ago that allowed sims to share a bathroom. I also really enjoyed the features of the IndieStone mod, such as being able to take a sim back into CAS at any time, and being able to put your sims in a sort of suspended animation while you were playing other households, so you wouldn't come back to find them in complete disarray later.

I haven't played any, and I mean ANY of the expansions, and I know very little about them. Just getting some installed now.

Anyway, I know my old mod isn't compatible with the most recent version of the game, or quite a few older ones, and I'm just wondering what exactly needs to be done to update it? I'd love to do so, for myself and for the community, if someone can point me in the right direction. I'd also like to have a go at possibly updating the IndieStone mod, if those features haven't already been fixed in the new expansion packs.

Thanks,
-BailaBaila99
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 5:35 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 11th Jun 2012 at 5:45 AM.
Twallan took over Indie Stone with the blessing of Lemmy and Binkie, and has greatly expanded on it and made a whole suite of complementary (mostly) non-core script mods: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/

I'd recommend having a look around at the functionality of the gameplay mods that are currently available before starting something big... there's a lot out there that's covered Besides Twallan and Pescado (who are the big gorillas in this area) there are a bunch of smaller scripting mods by various people here. And XML mods all over.

There's a thread around here somewhere on updating mods, I'll see if I can dig it up.

Edit: Here's the most recent one: http://linna.modthesims.info/showth...hlight=updating I'm sure others can help you with anything beyond what's covered in that
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 5:58 PM
Just to note that a mod that provides "No Shoo" functionality does not need to be Core any longer. [Shooless] for instance handles that functionality in a non-core manner.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.